What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wowww. I'm speechless. It also says "series coming soon", so I'm even more confused on the "series" part. What do they mean by "series" I thought it was going to be ranks given the leak??

Man, just a simple hype trailer with a quick overview on what to expect with a "coming soon" would quell all of this. At this point I'm convinced the game was rushed out or they are crunched, or both, the amazing gameplay notwithstanding.

gitblame

Noob
I am not that angry about another delay, but more on the fact they waited until last moment to do it and again they did it silently without addressing it to their audience.

People were waiting for it. They could adjust their schedule to play this new mode it was expected to come out today. The least they can do is an explanation.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Why would there even be a decline option, it's fucking ranked, play who you are matched with and either get fucked and level down or get good and go up.
Talking about komp kasuals. I dont think there will be decline in this mode just like in ranked sets, which is good.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
NRS is looking really funny in the light right now. They must have no clue what theyre doing because none of these decisions make any sense

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Talking about komp kasuals. I dont think there will be decline in this mode just like in ranked sets, which is good.
Lmao what?

So why should people be forced to play on 180 ping or WiFi Scorpions at all?
If you get the decline option is because the connection is unstable to begin with, let alone WiFi.... that shouldn’t be allowed.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lmao what?

If you get the decline option is because the connection is unstable to begin with, let alone WiFi.... that shouldn’t be allowed.
It's such an easy fix. When you are matched, don't show the opponent or the record before selecting. Simply show the connection type and ping. You accept or decline, and then are taken to the match or back to matchmaking. On the loading screen for the match maybe show it if you really want the record to show. That's it. That simple.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Lmao what?

I feel like people are misinterpreting my post. I think KOMP KASUALS should KEEP the option to decline whoever they want, I was just saying MAYBE these new ranks will deter people from doing it for dumb reasons such as people having a better w/l record or win chance percentage. I am wired, my connection is clean, my w/l record isn't that great and my kombat kard has nothing to do with Scorpion, Sonya or any other characters people complain about and I still get a lot of declines in komp kasuals, probably just because I have a lot of games played.

As for Ranked/Kombat League yeah decline should stay if the connection is bad, sorry for my bad wording.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I feel like people are misinterpreting my post. I think KOMP KASUALS should KEEP the option to decline whoever they want, I was just saying MAYBE these new ranks will deter people from doing it for dumb reasons such as people having a better w/l record or win chance percentage. I am wired, my connection is clean, my w/l record isn't that great and my kombat kard has nothing to do with Scorpion, Sonya or any other characters people complain about and I still get a lot of declines in komp kasuals, probably just because I have a lot of games played.

As for Ranked/Kombat League yeah decline should stay if the connection is bad, sorry for my bad wording.
Ah. Very good point. People are gonna decline over the trivial things regardless. My only suggestion to make this better is have a wifi/wired filter when searching for people in Kombat League. That way, people who really care about their connection (mostly all of us) wont have to go through bullshit wifi warriors, and we all get games with no fuss of being declined.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice thread vslayer! You rock. I too wonder how this will work. Hopefully we'll be able to customize use our customized characters at least look wise and I hope they have online tournaments.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well the KL is finally here! I updated the OP with info about it.

One glaring issue that needs to be addressed is that quitters need to get punished for it and we need to at least get the win or half the points because there are a lot of people taking advantage of quitting right now and that is not good for the game, at all. @16 Bit @tylerlansdown

Well the KL is finally here! I updated the OP with info about it.

One glaring issue that needs to be addressed is that quitters need to get punished for it and we need to at least get the win or half the points because there are a lot of people taking advantage of quitting right now and that is not good for the game, at all. @16 Bit @tylerlansdown
So, a quitality doesn't count as a win?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I ranked up. Fought someone and won. They still gained 15 points lol
How many points per win was it? I didn't think to check.

I'm guessing in higher ranks they get points taken off but in lower ones, it's more lenient.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
How many points per win was it? I didn't think to check.

I'm guessing in higher ranks they get points taken off but in lower ones, it's more lenient.
I fought a combatant as a combatant myself. I gained 15 for losing but idr how much they got for winning.

Then I fought an apprentice and only gained 10 for winning, while they got 15

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I'm very sad they locked skins and stuff behind this. I'm not good enough to compete online so I don't deserve stuff I want.