What's new

Kombat league: I'm tired of this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If you think you deserve everything in the game instead of some subset, then you probably are going to end up with some sort of completion failure mental breakdown. I haven't had much of an issue just not playing KL, but then I don't really have a problem not having everything, or with there being sexy stuff only a few players can get to.

I don't think it's really structured this way, but I think it's cool for there to be stuff that you earn only by being bad ass or having an extreme level of commitment. Something you see that tells you, this guy made it to God at one point. I'm about to get jazzed nasty. Locked content for everyone VS honor badges.

Dude the issue is that you come at people like they are attacking you for simply disagreeing with you and accuse them of "despising" you and take any bit of humor as an attack.
Quite simply you have no ability to engage in simple discourse. In your view people either agree with you or they are assholes. This is why people come at you with sarcasm and jokes. @Vslayer simply gave you a very sound piece of advice and you clapped back at her in a really uncalled for way.
You are not forced in anyway to play the modes you don't like in this game. Without those brutalities or skins you want but don't have you are in no way impeded from playing the game modes you don't like and for F*CKS SAKE if you have a hard enough time winning enough matches to get those things over the course of a month maybe you just suck really bad at the game which is where your true frustration probably comes from.
I play like 3 hours a week due to being a single father, who works and has other interests and I have zero problem getting to demi - god and God some seasons.

Dude the issue is that you come at people like they are attacking you for simply disagreeing with you and accuse them of "despising" you and take any bit of humor as an attack.
Quite simply you have no ability to engage in simple discourse. In your view people either agree with you or they are assholes. This is why people come at you with sarcasm and jokes. @Vslayer simply gave you a very sound piece of advice and you clapped back at her in a really uncalled for way.
You are not forced in anyway to play the modes you don't like in this game. Without those brutalities or skins you want but don't have you are in no way impeded from playing the game modes you don't like and for F*CKS SAKE if you have a hard enough time winning enough matches to get those things over the course of a month maybe you just suck really bad at the game which is where your true frustration probably comes from.
I play like 3 hours a week due to being a single father, who works and has other interests and I have zero problem getting to demi - god and God some seasons.
Omg the classic argument that "You should suck because you dont get that blablabla"....and then I say that this kind of argument is dumb and stupid and I am the angry fucker here.

Keep defending a company like WB blowing your ass with all that kind of BS in the game, you deserve it.

Im talking about things beeing locked behind competitive modes and malevolent corporate tactics, and then you come saying that the reason why im lissed is because I suck at the game? And then you dont want to hear that this is a fucking dumb stupid argument from a person that probably dont read too much?

Of course they are going to do whatever they want. There are people who accept everything.

Last edited:
And of course Im fucking complaining. Have you seen the amount of BS in this game? Or no?
Im behaving like a person that bought a product and has seeing the company who create the product using malevolent tactics to jail gamers on the modes they want. AND WTF ARE YOU DEFENDING?

And Im seeing fanboys (not all of you) who are going to swallow any shit nrs puts in their mouths because is nrs and mortal kombat.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
And honestly guys, a big company is receiving a lot of money to give us a product. I should not be locked on what they want me to do. This is obvious and pernicious.
The same thing could be applied to the Krypt, the story, and the Towers of Time as all of those modes have content unlocks in them, not to mention having to do Fatalities to get character heads. How else are you suggesting that content be unlocked? Just.. magically? As part of the base game so there's no sense of progression for players? How?

The same thing could be applied to the Krypt, the story, and the Towers of Time as all of those modes have content unlocks in them, not to mention having to do Fatalities to get character heads. How else are you suggesting that content be unlocked? Just.. magically? As part of the base game so there's no sense of progression for players? How?
You earn money in the game, go to krypt, buy what you want.
Or...lock that stuff into classic towers....not behind a competitive mode.

xKMMx

Banned
Omg the classic argument that "You should suck because you dont get that blablabla"....and then I say that this kind of argument is dumb and stupid and I am the angry fucker here.

Keep defending a company like WB blowing your ass with all that kind of BS in the game, you deserve it.
Lol again you play the "that argument is invalid card". I guarantee you suck really really really bad just based of your scrub based rage.

Reactions: jmt

xKMMx

Banned
What is the difference if its towers or competitive mode? Either way you have to play and win matches to earn things.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I will 100% agree that the Krypt should be more like its previous iterations. This current Krypt is a travesty of RNG. I get that each "bundle" of items that comes from a chest is pre-bundled, but each chest is RNG on which "bundle" it rolls which is very strange.

However, I'd infinitely rather locked stuff be in a competitive mode than in towers so we'll have to agree to disagree here. I'm not interested in fighting AI or having my AI fight AI. I also think there's value in limited-time items as they have intrinsic value of not always being available. They should rotate in and out instead of being literally one-time-only, but I don't find any issue with the core online ranked mode being where notable unlocks are. It is a fighting game, after all.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
The more i think of it the more stupid it is to have this idea to be entitled to have some skin in a videogame that you get rewarded by completing certain goals and demanding to have it without completing the goals cause you "earned" it. lmfao

DarkSado

Noob
Some people may know my opinion about this game competitively, and I'm not going through the details here.

The fact is: Obliging me to play a game comoetitively, that I don't want to play, and locking BRUTALITIES ( THese FUCKERS ARE LOCKING BRUTALS BEHIND 50/50 WI FI HORSE SHIT AND WE HAVE TO.ENDURE THAT WITH PAIN) behind the mess that is this game online.....they are obliging me to take a broken game seriously?

Even if you like the game and think that is honest, they should not oblige anyone to play any mode. They did that witj TOT, AI mode....now this?

FUCK YOU WARNER BROS. FUCK YOU. I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING YOUR ORDERS.

Nobody is pissed about that? This is EA games type of shit.
I do agree locking gear piece and brutalities is stupid but EA level NO.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well I would suggest people use every cheap tactic they can. :D

At a certain point people will notice how grindy it is when they happen to lose a fight, or win a fight against a lower rank.
"Cheap tactics" are the bread and butter of fighting games. You do the simplest thing that your opponent doesn't properly react to until they show they can handle it.

Someone who can't deal with it probably shouldn't be playing fighting games online against others.

demanding to have it without completing the goals cause you "earned" it
Not earned, paid for. The OP seems to be of the attitude that "I paid for it therefore i'm entitled to everything in the game, regardless of what the developer's decisions were behind the content drops in the game."

Not much different from those people that complain that DLC wasn't in the base game etc. and that they're getting screwed for something extra.

POST EDITED twice for clarity

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Not earned, paid for. I paid for it therefore i'm entitled to everything in the game, regardless of what the developer's decisions were behind the content drops in the game.
This isn't true in any game, ever.

You're not entitled to the award for Legendary difficulty in a 3rd person adventure game simply because you paid for the game and want to complete it on Easy. "I spent money" is not a valid excuse.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
you dont have to win a single game to get all of the brutalities. all you have to do is a little grinding. these are brutes that have been given to us for free after the game has been released day one. you are being a spoiled little brat!!

you have no clue how lucky you have it to be gamer now a days. back in the 80' and 90's we paid $60 for games that had ZERO updates and DLC.

don't come in here with opinions like that. not about the precious mk11. you'll get destroyed for that. on a serious note though; kombat league definitely needs some changes

Only the 100 point loss needs tuning. Other than that, KL is well designed. Generous awards and currencies, opportunities to play with better players, learn match ups, practice handling frustration. It's the most rewarding online experience.

Losing a few pallette skins and gear and 1-2 brutalities isn't a big deal. There is a ton of content in ToT anyway.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Not earned, paid for. It's the attitude of "I paid for it therefore i'm entitled to everything in the game, regardless of what the developer's decisions were behind the content drops in the game."

Not much different from those people that complain that DLC wasn't in the base game etc.
So by your logic, everyone should get the eldergod icons and borders too cause its in the game right?

So by your logic, everyone should get the eldergod icons and borders too cause its in the game right?
No, they shouldn't. You should get what the developers want you to get based on the game mode, your level, completion in the game etc.

Was my edited post really that unclear?

Edit #2 has hopefully fixed that confusion.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
No, they shouldn't. You should get what the developers want you to get based on the game mode, your level, completion in the game etc.

Was my edited post really that unclear?

Edit #2 has hopefully fixed that confusion.
Haha, it was confusing, but I think you're good now.

It makes a lot more sense with your viewpoint the way it is currently.

Gaxkang

Banned
"Cheap tactics" are the bread and butter of fighting games. You do the simplest thing that your opponent doesn't properly react to until they show they can handle it.

Someone who can't deal with it probably shouldn't be playing fighting games online against others.
What you describe one can start off with if one wants. But it's also the stuff that cannot be reacted to, or that which is influenced by the online to make it so.

If there's low risk/high reward around, go for that, etc.

Or if a character gets from Point A to B gameplay-wise much easier than another, then use that character. If the point is just win win with the best likelihoods.

I'd also suggest people think offense and not defense.

Gaxkang

Banned
Those things are far more obtainable and easier to get than getting a Demi-God skin or gear.

And even the play 5 sets for 15 days requirement is tedious in KL so heh. That's obtainable for people, but just tedious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.