What's new

Kombat Kast Recap (3.19.15) Mileena + Takeda variations and more

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Far and away the best stream they've had. They displayed the characters and variations in detail, having @GGA 16 Bit there is a must for future streams, he did extremely well.

Takeda looks amazing, can't wait to use him! That air tele and fake air tele and fake ground tele though!?? Mileena look ridiculous as well, all Mileena fans should be rolling for joy. Kung Jin is Green Arrow 2.0, with some Nightwolf and Hawkeye flare (instant air arrows). He looks pretty damn good to me.

Quitalities are godlike. Hopefully the quitter receives a loss though.

Decay

King of the Bill
That stream was badass, im really digging takeda but I wanna see jacqui for potential main. Also, I can see the reason why they would change Mileena's mouth. Try speaking without lips... it's literally impossible to make a P sound. With character dialogue so important, Mileena would need lips to make sense pronouncing words. I really like the design, she looks like a mutant half breed. Capable of talking but still hideous and terrifying.

Anybody else feel underwhelmed over Kung Jin? It may have been better to start off with him and conclude with Takeda. He seems kind of bland to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the character's inclusion despite having no desire to play him. An MK character wielding a bow is a great idea.

He seems to be a straight-edge monk, and as such his personality bored me. His bow-based variation was a near complete Green Arrow copy, except I don't think he can hold his arrows down anymore (God I hope not, anyway). The variation based around the Chakram was kind of a lame idea, and NOT because its quite similar to Zitanna's. It just doesn't seem befitting of the character, which I realize is incredibly stupid to say because we really don't know the character yet.

Besides that IDK, they seemed sort of bored when showing off what he could do. I felt like they were awfully "unhype" over him despite that he was a "surprise" today. He just looked stiff and lifeless compared to the rest of the amazing ensemble that comprises MKX.

I'm not a big Mileena fan and never played her much, but I'll be damned if she isn't better here, than last game. I'll definitely be giving her a spin!

All of MK9's returning characters have been fantastic, but, IMO, she's the biggest improvement, thus far. That said, I can't wait to try out EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER! DAMN YOU, NRS!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Anybody else feel underwhelmed over Kung Jin? It may have been better to start off with him and conclude with Takeda. He seems kind of bland to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the character's inclusion despite having no desire to play him. An MK character wielding a bow is a great idea.

He seems to be a straight-edge monk, and as such his personality bored me. His bow-based variation was a near complete Green Arrow copy, except I don't think he can hold his arrows down anymore (God I hope not, anyway). The variation based around the Chakram was kind of a lame idea, and NOT because its quite similar to Zitanna's. It just doesn't seem befitting of the character, which I realize is incredibly stupid to say because we really don't know the character yet.

Besides that IDK, they seemed sort of bored when showing off what he could do. I felt like they were awfully "unhype" over him despite that he was a "surprise" today. He just looked stiff and lifeless compared to the rest of the amazing ensemble that comprises MKX.
Reading from reaction he does seem to be over shadowed by takada.

i love his air fire thing, i always wanted a character that disables jumping

I agree with all of this.