What's new

Kombat Kast Recap (3.19.15) Mileena + Takeda variations and more

Rajhkeem Beck

Mr. Still Getting it Together
I can understand the disappointment in Kung Jin. I feel like his personality could have been fleshed out a little better. However, I really enjoyed almost everything about Takeda. The whip weapons are pretty unique to MK and his variations show a lot of options. Overall, I like his design. Most MK characters just wear traditional robes or military clothes anyway might as well have an exo suit too. I admit the dialogue is juvenile but I'm guessing it has something to do with the character's personality.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
We can still know more about them during the story mode. These were just snippets, far too early to judge based off of.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Watched this last night, was great!

I'm scarred to get invested though. I think there will be a lot of nerfs after a month or two. Lot of chars that vastly out range others combined with fast teleporting and what looks like very solid zoning. I know you could say "variations dawg" but I don't see that as enough.

But still despite the above I am promoting Stay Positive!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Did anyone notice that whenever someone pauses, it says who paused and which side they're facing? So if P1 paused it would say "P1 PAUSED (Facing Right)". It's not too big of a deal, but will be good for tournaments and those accidental pauses.

Also, Takeda's voice and personality kinda reminds me of Goku from DBZ.

-Mileena is simply amazing. Everything about her is godlike. 10000000% Improved
-Takeda is fucking lame. Design and voice…the guy is KENSHI's son and SCOPRION's student ffs, he should emit badassery all over the place…. Man, disappointed. Great tools and such though.
-Not yet sold on Kung Jin - Maybe Indeed Nightwolf would be a better pick.
-Quitality? hell yeah
-NO TAG, but heavy focus on the silly gimmick test your luck. NICE. What's better than playing with THREE FRIENDS? pointless battles with rain bubbles and rockets of course

NRS. Playing with your heart since 1995.

mamasau

Noob
Good stream, the modifiers are gonna be a lot of fun lol

I really hope takeda turns in the story, his arsenal perfectly suits an evil character.
Mileena is interesting, I really like her design and her model this time.
I think Cassie Cage got an en...improvement :p

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
For button mashers and casual players that have no interest in getting better at the game, Test Your Luck will be a great success as it allows stuff to happen on the screen even if they're only mashing uppercuts or d4s.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I really hope takeda turns in the story, his arsenal perfectly suits an evil character.
Mileena is interesting, I really like her design and her model this time.
I think Cassie Cage got an en...improvement :p
It would make him a lot more interesting that's for sure.

Cassie did get implants right? I thought it was only me feeling like her chest got bustier!

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
So...when the two spamqueens played, the players insisted on zoning a bit, then jumping in to the fight. It's like they deliberately avoided to zone.

I'm saying it again, due to the removal of the dash block, and the seemingly very fast recovery on the projectiles, isn't anyone concerned about zoning in this game? Does it still look overrated to you?

And I'm speaking about general approaches that don't involve a teleport or projectile reflect (JC, Jax, Cassie, etc).
You don't zone a stream meant to hype people up, especially not NRS style zonning whch puts people to sleep. it's good for winning completions but it's pretty universally hated outside of that.

If it was someone like Nu-12 then it would be different

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
It said in small print during the modifier match unlock more from exploring the krypt. Krypt confirmed!

Mileena is fking amazing as always

The fights vs kitana were fun to watch, i just love those 2 bitches lol

Now can they please fix Kitana's stance? ;/

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
For button mashers and casual players that have no interest in getting better at the game, Test Your Luck will be a great success as it allows stuff to happen on the screen even if they're only mashing uppercuts or d4s.
Also fun drunk or whatever...

I do think the one you can set up will have other uses like giving someone double damage to learn to play more cautious... Or jumps doing damage or no specials... To force people to learn other things..