What's new

Kombat Kast Recap (3.19.15) Mileena + Takeda variations and more

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
My main's x-ray is irking me. She clearly breaks his skull with her teeth but then it's back to normal when ishe jams the sais through his eyes.

I know tag team mode in MK9 wasn't very good but it was a lot of fun. I'm really disappointed they gave up on trying to improve it in MK X. Biggest let down so far...sucks :(
Me too. :( It's going to really kill the shelf life for me with this game. I don't know anyone interested in not playing Tag Team.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Anyone else getting a Evil Dead+Mileena vibe out of her new look? lol. She's hot yet creepy...lol

I like it though, she has lips it's like they mixed up her teeth, ugly face with almost deceiving Edenian face with the lips.

Takeda looks sweet, easily one of the best range guys in the game so far IMO.

Kung Jin=Nightwolf+Kung Lao+Green Arrow lol all rolled into one.

I may actually use Mileena in this game a little bit, her third variation/zoning one looks sweet!

Mst

Noob
Why do the PS3 sticks work? I thought that was a hardware issue going from PS3 to PS4.

So can any developer choose to make PS3 sticks/controllers work for their game?

Capcom could make PS3 sticks wirk for ultra on the PS4?

Anyone know?
Capcom could implement in any future game if they want. But i don't think it will happen with the entire Madcatz/Capcom partnership.

Anybody else feel underwhelmed over Kung Jin? It may have been better to start off with him and conclude with Takeda. He seems kind of bland to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the character's inclusion despite having no desire to play him. An MK character wielding a bow is a great idea.

He seems to be a straight-edge monk, and as such his personality bored me. His bow-based variation was a near complete Green Arrow copy, except I don't think he can hold his arrows down anymore (God I hope not, anyway). The variation based around the Chakram was kind of a lame idea, and NOT because its quite similar to Zitanna's. It just doesn't seem befitting of the character, which I realize is incredibly stupid to say because we really don't know the character yet.

Besides that IDK, they seemed sort of bored when showing off what he could do. I felt like they were awfully "unhype" over him despite that he was a "surprise" today. He just looked stiff and lifeless compared to the rest of the amazing ensemble that comprises MKX.
i think kung jin was cool, he seems well-rounded, but i agree the chakram Version doesnt really fit.

takeda seems forced though, a lot of random stuff thrown together, but no clear profile. tbh i think neither of takeda, kung jin and jaqui will have a bright MK future. they will end up more like the Taven/Daegon/Shujinko level.

Loved Takeda I thought he was the best one shown today. He needs a red costume to really give the Omega Red vibe. Mileena is gonna be like a popcorn kernel in my teeth again....annoying as fuck. I don't hate having to wait for Goro gameplay just quit telling me how awesome its gonna be when I do see him one day soon.

Dark

Noob
His move is called Spear Ryu.

I see what you did there, NRS

And also a move called Shirai Ryu Kan

Last edited:

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Takeda looks pretty dope. Definitely going to try him out first. 16 bit's Kitana is already on point so he definitely needs a ban till Evo.

cyke_out

Noob
SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

I lost.
As s poor oppressed Kano main from mk9, and a future mkx Kano main full of hope, seeing you do work with Kano was the highlight of the stream.

Hold your head high. Those commando grabs were the hypest shit on stream.

But couldn't straight ball go over the low sai's instead of using air balls, similar to mk9? That would seem faster to react and punish mileena for throwing low sai's.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
did anyone else love Mileena's new face? I think the idea of adding lips to it was great and her eyes looks better than in MK9, not my favorites, I still prefer the human eyes from MK2 but still looks awesome. Another thing I really like was the chain grab variation ala king from tekken, my only grip is that it would have fit better on Kano, but still is awesome someone has it.

Kung Jin doesn't look bad at all but they should have taken more risk with the bojutsu and shaolin variations. The air-fireball looks great but I would have added a normal one like that from scorpion (he should crouch to shoot it though); and the disk projectile (kung lao's mini hat?) looks fine but not impressive, maybe if it was a shield ala captain america, because it looks too modern for him.

Takeda is by far the most impressive shown today, the laser blades were just wow, but I hope when he buries one of them he loses the ability to shoot the fireball. Everything else from him was incredible, I'm just waiting to see his alternate costumes because the one shown so far is meh at most.

Finally, is it me or both Kung Jin and Johnny Cage have slower jumps than the rest shown so far? And I can't stop thinking the animations in this build looked slower than in other builds, I'm getting paranoid because I have this fear that they're trying to bring the floaty jumps from SFIV to MK, I hope I'm mistaken.