What's new

Video/Tutorial - Bo' Rai Cho Kombat Kast: Drunken Master

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Hmmm ... I was really looking forward to BRC coming out, but this was really underwealming. As someone else said, I wish they kept the farting etc to one variation and move him in a more serious, Grandmaster direction. None of his variations were particularly inspiring, but I will give the Bartitsu one a go.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The cane variation seems best having the range and the armor break attack. Also seems to have best mix up potential.

Drunken master seemed very underwhelming to me. Love the mechanic of always having to stay drunk, but it seems the variation specific moves aren't the greatest. Aside from that honda-esque headbutt.

Dragons breath seems like it'll be the most set up heavy variation, kinda reminds me of Lex from injustice. I think this variation will have stupid damage, but require super strict set ups to get it.

Interesting character. Kinda wish they'd kept farting and puking into 1 variation tho. Love the idea of Bo Rai Cho and always have, just the fart thing is a bit too comical for me..

At 29:35 on the twitch stream, it seems that Bo's flask jumps from one side of his leg to the other instantly.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
At 29:35 on the twitch stream, it seems that Bo's flash jumps from one side of his leg to the other instantly.
They probably made it based on which stance you're in so the flask is always visible so you have the visual cues about the variation present at all times.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
strange how so many people don't approve of the farting/puking of BRC but will happily say XYZ BOIIZZ and breehhh every chance they get
A. Those two things have nothing to do with each other

B. No one who says either of things has posted anything bad about Bo yet.

Also I forgot to say this earlier but the swimsuit pose stance is hilarious. Almost makes up for the puking/farting(almost)

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I really liked this stream. Bo' Rai Cho looks really fun, and pretty complex. I think that Dragon's Breath and Bartitsu will be his most used variations, but Drunken Master has the most potential, I think. I think I will find myself using Dragon's Breath the most, but Drunken Master seems like the most interesting variation to me.

I kind of think Leatherface looks like a better character in terms of gameplay, but Bo' I think will have a lot of untapped potential. I'm looking forward to playing him.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
So after his overhead or low combo starters Bo can cancel into: low combo starter, triple overhead, unblockable, or plus frames that start a combo... and thats just variationless Bo. Fucking GGS everyone
It's a shame they want to sell these characters so badly that they are just attaching a silly amount of coinflips to everything they do

Kinda lame tbh

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
so how come jason and goro both came out garbage but every other dlc has looked/has been super good

The characters aren't out yet. The idea of these kombat kasts are to make the character looked good. I thought Jason was going to be the best character in KP1 after seeing all the Kombat Kasts.. Obviously I was wrong, but I don't think these characters will be all that dominate once the dust settles and everyone's used to seeing them

Can't say much for Goro tho

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Looking how cool the MKDA Bo Bo and Kenshi looks. Just imagine how the other could have been redone instead all the guest fighters. Nitara, Mavado, Drahmin, Frost, Moloch, Li Mei, Hsu Hao.