What's new

Video/Tutorial - Bo' Rai Cho Kombat Kast: Drunken Master

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Also can someone explain why they were saying he has a trash poke game? "Oh his poke game is really were he lacks, his D1 is only 6f and -4 on block" uhh seriously? That D1 is like top 3 in the entire game, do you guys play your own game, or is the new formula just throw in as many coinflips as possible and call it a day :S

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Also can someone explain why they were saying he has a trash poke game? "Oh his poke game is really were he lacks, his D1 is only 6f and -4 on block" uhh seriously? That D1 is like top 3 in the entire game, do you guys play your own game, or is the new formula just throw in as many coinflips as possible and call it a day :S
This is what I thought too. They made it a point to say his pokes were bad, but then said he has a 6f D1 that's -4, his D4 looked really good with low profiling and far range, and his staff specific D4 looked godlike. Pokes looked fine to me lol.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I only recall them saying he has slow pokes, not trash pokes. Granted the d1 says otherwise and they were still wrong from what it seems about it.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Well. I got to say I was presently surprised to see they tried to keep him to his roots.

I worte earlier I was gonna check him out but I have to say their's still some MKDA and my favorite MKD still in him.

Bo Rai Cho. You silly man. Puking and farting all over the place with your technical styles and ridiculously nice OH-LOW moves and pokes.

Meh. I'll give him a shot. Dragon breath and his rum n redbull drunken master variation looks very interesting to lab and pick apart.

Silly Rai Cho.

E

Eldriken

They never said Bo's pokes were trash, just rather slow. This excludes his d1, of course. They said due to the startup on them, most of his pokes have really good range.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
The cane variation seems best having the range and the armor break attack. Also seems to have best mix up potential.

Drunken master seemed very underwhelming to me. Love the mechanic of always having to stay drunk, but it seems the variation specific moves aren't the greatest. Aside from that honda-esque headbutt.

Dragons breath seems like it'll be the most set up heavy variation, kinda reminds me of Lex from injustice. I think this variation will have stupid damage, but require super strict set ups to get it.

Interesting character. Kinda wish they'd kept farting and puking into 1 variation tho. Love the idea of Bo Rai Cho and always have, just the fart thing is a bit too comical for me..
as we all said in the Bo forums, they kinda glossed over Drunken Master. from what they've showcased the rewards from keeping yourself drunk are basically more punches on a special and another special, wich is kinda meh... but they didnt go too much in depth so maybe he's gonna get better frame data on his normals / special, who knows...

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
as we all said in the Bo forums, they kinda glossed over Drunken Master. from what they've showcased the rewards from keeping yourself drunk are basically more punches on a special and another special, wich is kinda meh... but they didnt go too much in depth so maybe he's gonna get better frame data on his normals / special, who knows...

That'd be dope then lol hopefully it ends up being his best, I really like the idea of it.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Seems like they had a number of great ideas how to make him good. Lets give him a shitton of lows, overheads and don't forget throws of course, 50/50s are so 2015

E

Eldriken

Bo's buttsplash/bodysplash are broke like Doomsday's vanilla bodysplash. You heard it here first. =P

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I dont understand what Drunken Master really gives BRC. Most of the specials look very situational, even at level 3. However, I think the real magic will come from the Drunk Stance (sexy pose). It's all going to depend on his frame data. I really cant wait to see it.

Bartitsu will be the most used variation right out the gate. It just has too many Pros.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Well I think one explanation would be that no one actually said his poke game is trash, that's something you just made up.

Last edited:

themanDan

The saw is family
hmm, strange how they're going with all these restanding moves with the kp2 chars; not saying it's a bad thing, just an observation.

Overall, Bo's looking really good. It's obviously way too early to tell which variation will be his best, but if I had to take a guess I'd say Bartitsu; that d4 looks insanely good and that spinning cane move looks like an armor breaking machine. But I'm hoping drunken master will be his best because I just love the design of this variation.

#Plusonfart

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Question @16 Bit

If Drunken Master is being juggled in a combo during drunken state and the timer for his drunken state runs out, does he vomit during the combo or does he vomit after the combo ends?