What's new

Kombat Kast #6 - WEDNESDAY 03/27 3PM CST

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
In terms of personality, I actually quite like Lao. I've never really been about his gameplay, though. MK11 is doing some bold things with legacy characters however, so this could be his game for me for all I know.

i hope it's the Lao/Kang kast. Now that Noob has been revealed, I am only interested in seeing Kung Lao, D'vorah and Shao Kahn. I am a bit curious about Liu aswell. I could care less about anyone else that's supposedly on the base roster.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Frost was a background character. I’d like to see her and Erron Black. Unless they want to go with two completely new reveals, then I’d go Frost and Kollector.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
D'vorah was shown in a fucking render a month ago. What are they waiting for to show at least a glimpse of her gameplay?
i get the feeling that D'Vorah needs some "kinks" ironed out of her gameplay. maybe it's taking longer than expected...
NRS has stated that they work on numerous characters at once and it seems that maybe the others are coming along faster than she is???

whatever the reason i cant wait....
i'm a little shocked at how long it's taking and how little we've seen of Kitana

Raider

Noob
I hope that they are holding back D'Vorah reveal for good reason(s), because i have no explanation why are we still waiting to see her, month and a half after she was announced!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well that leaves us with a lot of options,
  • Kitana
  • Lui Kang
  • Kung Lao
  • Frost
  • Kollector
  • Shao Kahn
  • Cetrion (though I don't think we've seen her in the trailers)
I wanna see them all so I'm excited. I feel like they may do the Shaolin monks in one kast.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I have a feeling that Lui Kang, Kung Lao, and Kitana will all look and play like their klassic versions but with 2019 upgrades. MK11 has given new life to everyone so far (Shout outs to JC, Kano, and Jacqui). Anyone who is waiting to see gameplay for these guys will be happy. Im on board with these 3 for the KK. ...especially with Dvorah and Noob already off the table.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Do you know anyone who likes Kung Lao?
I like Kung Lao in my own alternative MK universum where he is like a adopted son for Shang Tsung, who made good use of the envy Kung Lao has for Liu Kang.
As Nightwolf trains the Shaolin monks to find their spirit animal to help them in combat, the spirit dragon soon found Liu Kang, but other spirit animals felt the envy in Kung Lao and so Lao didn't gained a spirit animal, this made him even more bitter towards his cousin as Kung Lao didn't get to join during the first MK1 tournament because he was kinda tainted by envy, then Shang Tsung striked from the shadows and corrupted Kung Lao even further.
During the MK2 tournament Kung Lao joins for outworld, having been granted this magical hat by Shang Tsung himself to kill his cousin Liu Kang in the tournament. The hat has been infused with the spirit of Great Kung Lao, Shang Tsung did this out of cruelty.

I always liked Kung Lao better as EVIL character, dunno why, because of the vile hat I guess. When I first played through MK2 with him, I thought he was evil, but I was surprised when I read his ending he was a good guy...

Kung Lao was the only character I didn't mind becoming a revenant lol!

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
i get the feeling that D'Vorah needs some "kinks" ironed out of her gameplay. maybe it's taking longer than expected...
NRS has stated that they work on numerous characters at once and it seems that maybe the others are coming along faster than she is???
I can't even right now people, who honestly believe than one month out from the release of the game a developer still works on the characters.
The game is done. The retailers in various countries are probably getting the physical copies shipped out to them right now - if they don't have them already.