What's new

Kombat Kast #2 Tomorrow Will Include...

I kinda think it will be Kitana as well. 16Bit's enthusiasm felt like a sorta give away to me.
Yeah, right from the get-go last week I immediately assumed it was her, because why else would Tyler shift the tease over to 16bit and how excited he specifically is for "her."

Kal

<3
Just show me Jade and or Mileena NRS and put a smile on my face. That way I'll know there is at least 1 character I enjoy playing in this game. So far there isn't a single character revealed that I would want to play.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Uh, yeah, and you also said this:

So you wanna tell me again how you didn't say that MKX's roster was bad, or you didn't strongly imply that Jacqui (and other characters like her) was one of the reasons why it was bad? C'mon.

I don't favor Jacqui's inclusion. She was my least favorite non-guest character in MKX, probably by a mile. What I favor is NRS's right to choose whatever the fuck roster they want without having to explain themselves to anyone.

People online have this tendency to think that just because they saw a bunch of bitching on twitter or on some other echo chamber, it means that everyone agrees with them. The truth is the Kombat Kids were very popular, and all the "bland" Special Forces characters that everyone wants to see replaced by ninjas and monsters, in general were EXTREMELY popular. Of the 8 Special Forces characters in MKX, 6 consistently made the TOP 10 in player numbers. NRS knows what they're doing when they make these rosters, even if it does not appeal to you or people like you.

But for what it's worth I hope you get some characters that you're happy with. Peace.
No... I maintain that the Kombat Kids + their parents are a pretty sore spot on the roster. Seeing as only two of them are potentially coming back....

Also, I never said I didn’t think MKX’s roster was bad. I think you’re confusing yourself.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Personally I loved the new blood in MKx. Cassie, Jackie, Fera-Tor, Kotal-Khan and D'Vorah were hype as all hell. Tekada was cool but did nothing for me personally and I actively disliked the guy with the bow and arrow.. I forget his name, but when I say actively dislike I just mean the moves did nothing for me.

I think adding new characters is extremely important to keeping the MK IP running. I hope we have at least 5 brand new playable characters in MK11 and at least 3 or 4 of the new blood from MKx coming back as well.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Why do people keep saying this? All we have seen as far as I know is an image of her in story mode.. and story mode always has a ton of MK characters that do not make it into the game.

Why is everyone so positive she is going to be in it as playable?
I thought it looked like a walk in intro personally which was why I made that assumption.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
A Kombat Kast isn't going to happen every week like we thought, Tyler last stream mentioned how sometimes they will skip a week.
Tyler also said they wouldn't have a reveal each kombat kast. Kinda bummed me out. I really hope he was talking about characters only, and if they don't show one, they show a new mode or whatever. I enjoyed the first kast and don't mind that much if they go over stuff covered by K&M again, but if they're not showing ANYTHING new, it's kinda pointless... If you are that close to release and won't even do them weekly, what are you gonna do except showing new stuff? :D

Jynks

Tyler also said they wouldn't have a reveal each kombat kast. Kinda bummed me out.
I dunno. I think it makes sense. Even if there is not a "reveal" we have a number of characters that still need the in depth look. All the ones reveled in the launch event, plus Kano and D'Vorah.. all need the detailed walk through like we got in KK1

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I dunno. I think it makes sense. Even if there is not a "reveal" we have a number of characters that still need the in depth look. All the ones reveled in the launch event, plus Kano and D'Vorah.. all need the detailed walk through like we got in KK1
That's true, I didn't think about these. That would of course still be interesting to see.
I'm curious however, I think there's 11 characters that are 100% officially confirmed, and 9 weaks to go. So either they sometimes show more than one character per week, be it in the show or as side reveals like D'Vorah, or they keep some characters secret until release day. I'd be surprised if we didn't have the full roster revealed beforehand.

Xelz

Go over there!
It seems like these Kombat Kasts are trying to appeal to people who are simultaneously so casual that they have no idea who K&M are, and so hardcore that they're gonna watch a 20 minute breakdown that shows off a character's every ability and not complain that they're not showing off skins instead.

I can't wrap my head around who NRS is trying to please, because this group of people cannot possibly exist in large enough numbers to justify NRS's marketing strategy revolving around them. They should just promote the shit out of K&M content on their twitter if they want people to see it. Not show it on the fucking Kombat Kast.
This. So this. The only new info for their target audience will be the character reveal, which won’t even get a gameplay breakdown. The other 95% of the Kast time will be dedicated to filler. The only way I can rationalize this is NRS no longer prioritizes Kombat Kasts and wants to primarily drive hype through other channels, e.g. content creators, regional events (Brazil's Kano reveal), and media events (Xbox D'vorah reveal).

Kombat Kasts just sort of... happen... now and aren’t on the critical path for hype building or new important info. They're becoming entirely avoidable, and I agree that NRS should just fully shift gears by pushing new content through content creators.

vapid

cyber warlord
@Jynks

Do you honestly think it's still 50/50 that Cassie is going to be playable? After all the evidence so far, the fact her parents are back, but she, the protagonist of MKX, has been dropped?

Jynks

@Jynks

Do you honestly think it's still 50/50 that Cassie is going to be playable? After all the evidence so far, the fact her parents are back, but she, the protagonist of MKX, has been dropped?
There is no definitive proof of any kind. just a lot of assumptions. Is it likely.. maybe. As I said in my Bingo sheet from well before the reveal I had her on it... It is not defiant though, not at all. There is a big difference between knowing something and assuming it. People talk in assured terms, definite terms but they are talking out their arses. It is one of the great problems with recent generations, the idea that opinions are somehow facts. The FACT is that there is no actual proof, just a lot of circumstantial evidence, but evidence is a concept poeple seem to understand less and less.

For the record my bingo sheet looks like this...

My wish list just copied from an old thread.... I have marked in Green 100% Confirms... marked in Blue "soft" confirms... I think I am doing pretty well on "Roster Bingo" so far....

The Auto Includes : Sub, Scorpion, Radian, Liu Kang
The Regulars : Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Kano
Return of the New Blood : Cassie, Kotal Khan, DeVorh, Scarlet
The "Missing" : Noob, Baraka, Sindel, Fujin, Jade, Shang Tsung, Kabal
The Obscure : Ashrah, Nitara, Motaro (I do not care, make him work somehow!)
New : 5 new characters never seen before. 1/5

Last edited:

vapid

cyber warlord
There is no definitive proof of any kind. just a lot of assumptions. Is it likely.. maybe. As I said in my Bingo sheet from well before the reveal I had her on it... It is not defiant though, not at all. There is a big difference between knowing something and assuming it. People talk in assured terms, definite terms but they are talking out their arses. It is one of the great problems with recent generations, the idea that opinions are somehow facts. The FACT is that there is no actual proof, just a lot of circumstantial evidence, but evidence is a concept poeple seem to understand less and less.
There is a great deal of circumstantial evidence, which is still evidence even if it is not definitive, unarguable proof. This has been listed before, but includes her image on the main menu fighting Kano, her address Kitana in a video intro (in which she has a very high quality render, not an obvious NPC), the Steam achievements leak, and the fact that she is the protagonist of MKX and her parents both seem to be playable. If you like, you can also throw in the fact Jacqui is also on the Steam leak and I cannot fathom why she would be brought back but not Cassie.

This all adds up, but I take the point that to you it means nothing because it isn't a 'hard' confirm in the shape of an official NRS reveal.

I also take your point about the difference between fact and conjecture, but you appear to be somewhat misconstruing these concepts in a bizarre attempt to insult everyone here (and an entire generation, apparently) by suggesting that we don't know the difference, and that in your view circumstantial evidence is utterly meaningless because it is not the same thing as cold, hard, definitive proof. I find this somewhat disingenuous, and also completely irrelevant.

I accept that there is not yet 100% proof that Cassie is playable, but I would also ask you to accept that short of having that 100% proof, we have about as much proof as you can possibly have to strongly imply that she is playable.

JDM

Noob
I was actually so excited for MK11. My hype is dwindling fast. I thought they could fire out reveals/teases relatively quickly since they waited so long to reveal the game itself. but this feels way worse than either Injustice 2 or MKX. Just, not hype at all. Idk man. I haven't even preordered the game yet...

The leak list killed it for me right now until I know the last few characters. If there wasn't even a beta I would definitely not be preordering. I don't have Rain Reptile Cyrax or Noob yet to look forward to. I'm sad. :(