What's new

Kombat Kast #2 Tomorrow Will Include...

SindelQueen

Sindels gay husband
Not mad. There's just characters that are more deserving imo. There's been popular characters that haven't been in the game in over a decade that may have been ignored once again. I'd actually be open to her if they make her more visually appealing and I'm not referring to race as some people have suggested. You can actually critique a woman of color and not be racist.
Well I want her for her race ;) being that we have very few black female characters in games so oh well you’re just gonna have to get over it because she’s gonna be on here hehe my baby
Although I wouldn’t mind sindel

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Cassie <snip> We already know she's in the game
Why do people keep saying this? All we have seen as far as I know is an image of her in story mode.. and story mode always has a ton of MK characters that do not make it into the game.

Why is everyone so positive she is going to be in it as playable?

Kal

<3
I hope they don't tell us who it is beforehand and just show us a trailer first. Nothing is more hype than that. Derek don't ruin the surprise!!!

Also if the reveal turns out to be Cassie I might just tear off my scrotum in anger. We already know she's in the game, give us a real surprise!!!
Right there with you, on both of those points.

These terrible character breakdowns that we've seen already plenty of, especially done by K&M, have to stop. Last time Geras was a waste of time, Baraka is gonna be a waste of time as well. Show us stuff we haven't seen. If it's anything like last stream, after they show off the new character I'll be turning off the stream I guess.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Why do people keep saying this? All we have seen as far as I know is an image of her in story mode.. and story mode always has a ton of MK characters that do not make it into the game.

Why is everyone so positive she is going to be in it as playable?
1. She's in story mode.

2. She has a very detailed render that NRS obviously put a lot of work into (subjective aesthetic choices aside).

3. She appears to be getting ready to fight Kitana, which is an activity usually reserved for playable characters.

4. She's in the menu fighting Kano over the "Versus" screen. Kano has been recently revealed as playable.

5. She was the protagonist of the previous game and is related to Sonya who is in MK11 and is being heavily marketed. Kicking her off the roster would mean that half of MKX's story mode was literally for nothing.

aaaand last but most

6. She's in the leaked roster.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
1. She's in story mode.

2. She has a very detailed render that NRS obviously put a lot of work into (subjective aesthetic choices aside).

3. She appears to be getting ready to fight Kitana, which is an activity usually reserved for playable characters.

4. She's in the menu fighting Kano over the "Versus" screen. Kano has been recently revealed as playable.

5. She was the protagonist of the previous game and is related to Sonya who is in MK11 and is being heavily marketed. Kicking her off the roster would mean that half of MKX's story mode was literally for nothing.

aaaand last but most

6. She's in the leaked roster.
We have some forum members from other planets :D

pure.Wasted

I remember when seeing Rain in the MKX story trailer.
I was like "HE'S GOT A NEW LOOK AND EVERYTHING! HE'S GONNA BE IN THE GAME!!!"
Then saw he wasn't on the roster, but found out he was a fight in Story Mode.
So I was like "HE'S GONNA BE DLC FOR SURE!!!"

*cries*
Although this time we know that there won't be any NPC fights in story mode.

I still wouldn't take a redesign or a nice render as proof by itself. I'm sure we're gonna see a ton of MK1/2/3-era renders of unplayable characters in the story for example. But when there's this much evidence all together...

D

Deleted member 59910

*cries*
Relax. Tomorrow you'll see Jade flaunting her glory.

Jynks

yeah well we will see... anyone that has been following NRS for long enough knows that leaked rosters are 99% bullshit... but I had her picked in my "bingo"list from well before MK11 reveal so it wouldn't be a surprise.

If I was NRS though, I would only put her in story mode and maybe DLC latter. Opening classic well loved slots for base roster.

*cries*
exactly! The pain of MKx story mode characters not being playable is real!! I expect some stuff like that again. There is no reason as far as I can tell to think anything is outside of story mode, as of yet. Even the "into" stuff with Kitana. I mean we fought Baraka and Rain in MKx right.

The biggest plus is the fact she is on the icon for vs mode though... that is pretty strong evidence imo... but still just circumstantial.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I "took it so far off the original point" because every post you made subsequent to that one showed that you believe NRS is wrong to disregard fan opinion about Jacqui and other "flaws" in the MKX roster.

They are not wrong. Fans have the right to be critical of NRS's decisions, and NRS has the right to completely disregard fan criticism and do whatever they want to do.
I did not say wrong, I said it was questionable.

MK11 is their game, and that’s fine, but they would not be making this game if it wasn’t expected to make a large sum of money. How do you make money? By making people happy with your product.

Now, I don’t care if Jacqui is in honestly, good for the people that want her, but I find it personally odd that you’d favor her inclusion over a potential host of more popular characters, characters that would guarantee to make a lot of people thrilled with the roster.

Now all of this could be moot. I don’t know the rest of the roster, nor do I know the DLC. I just, personally, find it questionable as the roster sits in the current state. That is all.

Christ.

Edit: And actually, I feel bad for dragging Jacqui so much as it’s not her alone. The roster is feeling a lot like MKX.5, the roster which many people felt was one of the lower points of the game. Do we really need Sonya/Cage back with Cassie again?

It’s a bunch of micro decisions NRS is making that I don’t fully agree with.

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
yeah and not surprising... all NRS final bosses have never been playable outside of PC mods.
Shinnok - MK4 playable
Quan Chi - MKDA playable
Shang Tsung - MKDA playable
Onaga and Blaze - Playable..

Jynks

Shinnok - MK4 playable
Quan Chi - MKDA playable
Shang Tsung - MKDA playable
Onaga and Blaze - Playable..
Shinnok wasn't the final boss... it was that demon thing.... and yeah,.., so 3 out of 11 games... not exactly a strong ratio for predictions.. unless you say that it is most likely they are not going to be playable. Plus different devs, well publishers I should say.. with different directives influencing dev decisions.

pure.Wasted

I did not say wrong, I said it was questionable.
Uh, yeah, and you also said this:

And after the debacle that was MKX’s roster in a lot of people’s eyes, I expect NRS to be a bit more open with their decision making this go-about.
So you wanna tell me again how you didn't say that MKX's roster was bad, or you didn't strongly imply that Jacqui (and other characters like her) was one of the reasons why it was bad? C'mon.

I find it personally odd that you’d favor her inclusion over a potential host of more popular characters, characters that would guarantee to make a lot of people thrilled with the roster.
I don't favor Jacqui's inclusion. She was my least favorite non-guest character in MKX, probably by a mile. What I favor is NRS's right to choose whatever the fuck roster they want without having to explain themselves to anyone.

People online have this tendency to think that just because they saw a bunch of bitching on twitter or on some other echo chamber, it means that everyone agrees with them. The truth is the Kombat Kids were very popular, and all the "bland" Special Forces characters that everyone wants to see replaced by ninjas and monsters, in general were EXTREMELY popular. Of the 8 Special Forces characters in MKX, 6 consistently made the TOP 10 in player numbers. NRS knows what they're doing when they make these rosters, even if it does not appeal to you or people like you.

But for what it's worth I hope you get some characters that you're happy with. Peace.

Last edited:

Jynks

Remember what you said before and don't bother. 3 or 1, doesnt matter, it is not correct..
Despite nicking picking minutia the point is that there is precedence for having the bosses not playable.

Part of me just wants the reveal to either be one of the unexpected characters from the leak (Frost, Jacqui) or a character that isn't on the achievement list at all, just to confirm or deny the whole thing all together.

But, I feel pretty sure it's gonna be Kitana, so I'll be stuck waiting weeks more to see how the whole thing unfolds.