What's new

Kollector General Discussion

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Anyone else find themselves dialing up f12 really early and then canceling into the appropriate ender for the situation?
Its really easy to confirm off of because of the long animation.
Also. The moment custom variations become a thing (cause we all know it will) I am going Relic Lure/Vial of Sorrows/War-Quoit Toss

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
hi Everyone! I have been having trouble with| Kollectors Left right scorpion-ish move. I cannot complete the tutorial when I have too Dash-cancel it. I know I am timing it correct but just wont work!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It was safe before the day 1 patch, lots of kollector's frames got changed.

B3 is now -5 instead of +5
D4 now -4 instead of -8
B1 is -11 instead of -6/7
F3 is -5 now instead of 0
Mace dash cancel gone and 1f quicker startup
32 KB works now even if the 3 connects, before it had to whiff for the KB to work.
So the make a little tutorial and then mess with the character day 1? At least I'm not the crazy one in this scenario.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
It was safe before the day 1 patch, lots of kollector's frames got changed.

B3 is now -5 instead of +5
D4 now -4 instead of -8
B1 is -11 instead of -6/7
F3 is -5 now instead of 0
Mace dash cancel gone and 1f quicker startup
32 KB works now even if the 3 connects, before it had to whiff for the KB to work.
.... Why?

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Soooooo initial impressions on this character are that he is total ass. He feels super unfinished. Like seriously picking up Kollector after playing someone like Jax, Kano, Sonya, Johnny, Liu, Erron etc he bascially feels like an alpha build.

He needs tools from both variations to feel viable honestly. He has a lot of strings, but they all do similar things and have similar weaknesses.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but f1,2 in to bf4 doesn't connect at max range. Hope they fix that, it's really irritating. The range isn't even that great.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Also it's not listed but you can do dd3 and hold forward to teleport behind your opponent with some distance instead of right in their face. Just about close enough that bf2 or f3 will hit.

Hey guys is F312 and F31 bugged? It says it's special cancel-able but it isn't or at least I couldn't get it to work.
also I found a really nice option select for him, D4 into his DC is safe on hit and on block it beats out everything I've tested including crouch jabs.
Just thought I'd share not sure if anyone else has said this yet.

ScorpXL

Goro?
You mean as a buffer, right?
Yeah, if you do D1 or D4 and predict that the opponent will block it, you can buffer the command grab and the grab will come out. Just be careful though since the command grab will whiff if the opponent gets hit by the D1/D4.

Yeah, if you do D1 or D4 and predict that the opponent will block it, you can buffer the command grab and the grab will come out. Just be careful though since the command grab will whiff if the opponent gets hit by the D1/D4.
Yeah but the D4 hitstun makes the whiff safe vs a lot of reversals and on block the grab beats out D1.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Also it's not listed but you can do dd3 and hold forward to teleport behind your opponent with some distance instead of right in their face. Just about close enough that bf2 or f3 will hit.
also takes a defensive bar, its super good and why the teleport alone makes it worth picking this variation yet the good part is not listed lol.
Its also super good corner escape.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I've been playing Kollector A LOT the past two days and going online. I've been ending my combos in 2 1+3 for the restand and which leaves you at neutral (0 frames).

I've had success with doing standing 1 catching people pressing buttons and then going into full combo again. I dont know how practical it is in the long run seeing as his fastest normal is 8 frames (standing 1 and D1).

I guess we could get a tick throw off of D1 if they decide to block.

I'm going to lab some more and try to flush the character out tonight. I also gotta watch Destroyer.

I've been playing Kollector A LOT the past two days and going online. I've been ending my combos in 2 1+3 for the restand and which leaves you at neutral (0 frames).

I've had success with doing standing 1 catching people pressing buttons and then going into full combo again. I dont know how practical it is in the long run seeing as his fastest normal is 8 frames (standing 1 and D1).

I guess we could get a tick throw off of D1 if they decide to block.

I'm going to lab some more and try to flush the character out tonight. I also gotta watch Destroyer.

I've been messing with some tick throw set ups off d1 and as far as I can tell you can dash after a ex db3 hard knock down and get meaty d1 tick throw command grab works very reliably. If they dont block you dash in for raw command grab or if they start rolling dont dash wait for roll and command grab for kb version. Kollector seems to rely heavily on training your opponent.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Why is there no close version of Bag Bomb or very far version of Vial of Sorrow?
Why is f31 and f312 bugged? I cant special cancel either even though it has cancel frames?
Why do I get punished for spacing my max range f12 with a whiffed bf4?
Why cant B2 or 44 be overhead?
How the hell are we suppose to get the Chakram KB if the damn puddle lasts as long as a babies attention span and recovers as slow as my motivation after a hangover?
Why cant this character be complete? Feel complete?
Enough ranting*
  • Tech for do a reverse j4 followed by a fj4 delay Bag Bomb they have to block it and you are +6-8 depending on height. The more delayed the better but too delayed and you risk the bomb whiffing. This same thing can be done with Vial of Sorrrows for chip but in that situation if you can kill with VoS then you can kill with a normal combo. This setup would be good if we had charkram in one of tourney presets but nope NRS advertises custom variations but then makes it casual only.
  • The idea came from destoryer but the tech is after EX bf4 you do j1 b3 bf4 cancel and you are +7 and in range for a throw so you can apply pressure from there with your slow ass highs. Same can be done in the corner but instead of doing b3 do b1 as it will make you +8 meaning your slow ass 8 frame d1 will jail. The timing to get it just right to jail is super strict and just not worth it atm cause theres nothing for the opponent to be scared of cause that variation doesnt have the command grab. The reason b1 doesnt really work midscreen compared to b3 is because b1 pushes them too far back.
  • Afer EX bf4 you can dash forward and hit them with a reverse j4 which lets you swap sides while getting the most optimal damage.
  • Heres a video of what I am talking about.Here
Edit: Spelling/updating information and link

Last edited: