What's new

Match-up Discussion Kitana's Current Standing in the Community <3

I don't agree with some of these statements. Kitana is one of the hardest chars of the game to lock down, can start a 45% meterless combo from nearly full screen away, and the only character that beats her in terms of air control is Kabal. She has both air control and ground control, with her fast advancing strings. I don't think Sektor and Lao are better than her.

IMO her only bad MUs are Kenshi, Kabal and Freddy. The reason why she's not as popular as she used to be is because there are characters (like Cage and Sonya) who have essentially the same bad MUs that she has and have more advantages overall. But she's still very viable, and definitely top 10.

The characters that are better than her IMO.

Kabal
Kenshi
Smoke
Jax
Sonya

Maybe Freddy and Cage.
TOTALLY agreen this 5 chars are better than Kitana in overal CAGE is not better than Kitana and this matchup needs to be played smart Cage cant go crazy rush on her or he will pay for it believeme also Freddy vs Kitana is overated id MAX put this match at 5.5 / 4.5 Freddy gets hurt alot when Kitana is finally in and whit and armored fly vs a projectile shes in, this match last time I saw CD beat a good Freddy and iv played very good Freddy online several times and does same stuf as M2Dave does and I still get to play him fair well once im in he will suffer. Hope to see CD and 16Bit and also Mr.Mileena representing her again CD has been playing Freddy for some reason hope he goes back to Kitana, shes definitelly 6 or 7 at max BTW anyone got a recording devise or something and an psn acc add me Ragnar0kz28 on psn so we record Kitanas wall reset tho it works same as smokes its random work not allways.

Kabal, Kenshi, Sonya, Freddy, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage

then it's really tied with Smoke, Jax, and Kitana from there
is interesting you are placing kung lao as a better character.

kabal and kenshi are clearly better in my opinion but i think an argue can be make about freddy, kung lao, johnny cage and sonya been better than her or not

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
From my mains, Cyrax is 4-6 (Kit), and Mileena is 5-5.
Cyrax gets zoned out in this match-up. He does get HUGE damage if he catches her, but he has to catch her first. Also, she gets pretty large damage herself. In the end, it comes down to either character winning if the other makes 2-3 mistakes (after factoring in breaker and need for meter to get big damage). I think her better zoning and comparable rushdown make this a 4-6 (Kit) in the end..
Omg we're still not over zoning yet? Seriously Cyrax does not have to get zoned out in this matchup. It's just that 90% of online warrior dumbasses keep trying to throw nets, realize they're being outzoned, and teleport with the strange assumption that it's safe. Cyrax's pressure game is easily better, the only difference being Kitana has superior footsie tools. But Cyrax isn't totally shut out in this, as his net can counter f21/21 in footsies quite well. Hence, 5-5.

I also agree that Kung Lao is a better overall character. People are seriously kidding themselves if they think he became weak after the last patch.

Omg we're still not over zoning yet? Seriously Cyrax does not have to get zoned out in this matchup. It's just that 90% of online warrior dumbasses keep trying to throw nets, realize they're being outzoned, and teleport with the strange assumption that it's safe. Cyrax's pressure game is easily better, the only difference being Kitana has superior footsie tools. But Cyrax isn't totally shut out in this, as his net can counter f21/21 in footsies quite well. Hence, 5-5.

I also agree that Kung Lao is a better overall character. People are seriously kidding themselves if they think he became weak after the last patch.
There's no need to be rude about discussing your opinion.

Kitana's zoning is overrated, but it's still effective in building meter. I like playing a hybrid Kitana, throwing fans, and then rushing and playing a footsie game all of a sudden, catching them off guard etc.

I think Maxter also said that Kitana beats him, especially with CD's insane rushdown game with Kitana.

Kung Lao is really Punishable when he does dumb spins and teleports and most of hes stuf hits very high this match is not totally in Kitanas favor but id say 5.5 / 4.5 Kitana wins this, Kitana get more room for error than kung lao, 1 mistake lao eats 37%++ Kenshi is worst match for Kitana then Kabal then Sonya, Freddy is argueable, Mr.Mileena omg Cage is not better than Kitana :( dont u dare say that :(:(:(:( Id rather go whit Smoke being better even Jax but not Cage

Death

Noob
Kung Lao is really Punishable when he does dumb spins and teleports and most of hes stuf hits very high this match is not totally in Kitanas favor but id say 5.5 / 4.5 Kitana wins this, Kitana get more room for error than kung lao, 1 mistake lao eats 37%++ Kenshi is worst match for Kitana then Kabal then Sonya, Freddy is argueable, Mr.Mileena omg Cage is not better than Kitana :( dont u dare say that :(:(:(:( Id rather go whit Smoke being better even Jax but not Cage
Why is KL throwing out spins and teleporting?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There's no need to be rude about discussing your opinion.

Kitana's zoning is overrated, but it's still effective in building meter. I like playing a hybrid Kitana, throwing fans, and then rushing and playing a footsie game all of a sudden, catching them off guard etc.

I think Maxter also said that Kitana beats him, especially with CD's insane rushdown game with Kitana.
I'm being rude to random online warrior cyraxes, not to anyone here. I do not care for the feelings of online scrub #589 who won't even see this.

I believe Maxter said that it goes even quite recently. Could you chime in on this? And my point was pressure vs footsies... Cyrax's pressure is superior, but Kitana's footsies are superior.

And Ragnarok, the point was that Lao is a better overall character, nothing about who beats who. As Death said, they shouldn't be doing random shit. We can't base tier lists and matchup charts off of scrubby playstyles. Also, I agree with JC being better than Kit. His ability to lock you down pretty much beats anything Kit is able to do.

not this again :S Kitana can condition Cage to not block and there is something I havnt been seeing from any Kitana at sweep range when they are allready agains the wall but IaFing the miracle of b1 into fly or b3 into fly IF they hit they can fly away safe there is alot people can do whit Kitana even being agains the wall. There are many options CD should have won some of those matches vs Curbo but he went mad rush even having such big lead just lame Cage out and condition him it es not so hard to conditon when u just Iaf and the dash d1 or dash d3 ant a sweep range b1 or b3 into cutter or fly works wonders

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I agree. 6-10 somewhere in there out of top 5, but inside top 10. She is good at:

Good hitbox, good footsies (D1,D3, 21(2), F21, etc.), good meter building, (Ocassional iAF, cutter on blockstring, etc.), good damage output.

Her main weaknesses are:

Bad wake-ups, lack of armor for escaping pressure, opponents with good spacing can be troublesome at times.

If she had armour that was mid-hitting she would be top 5 without a doubt. Unfortunately (or should i say, fortunately ;] ) she doesn't.

IMO Freddy, Jax, Kitana, Smoke all kind of fall in that gap between 6-10.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
not this again :S Kitana can condition Cage to not block and there is something I havnt been seeing from any Kitana at sweep range when they are allready agains the wall but IaFing the miracle of b1 into fly or b3 into fly IF they hit they can fly away safe there is alot people can do whit Kitana even being agains the wall. There are many options CD should have won some of those matches vs Curbo but he went mad rush even having such big lead just lame Cage out and condition him it es not so hard to conditon when u just Iaf and the dash d1 or dash d3 ant a sweep range b1 or b3 into cutter or fly works wonders
So the fact that you can sometimes get away when he's at sweep distance means.... what? Also, you have to realize that if you're about to die he can red kick your squareboost.

Also, Mr Mileena is right in that Freddy is DEFINITELY a problem.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If Kitana isn't top 5, she's just right outside it.

Sent from my Odor Blocker using B.O. BLOCKING PAOWER!

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Yeah. I didn't take offense to what Revolver said.
He's right. Random scrub Cyrax that does nothing but full screen Net & Bomb is usually the one to bitch about it lol. I just meant that her superior zoning makes this a total non-option for him.
He's also right in saying that her footsies are better. Cyrax holds his own up close, no doubt, but I still say she gets the edge if she's on point with her Rushdown (Mr Mileena or CD style Kitty)

All good points from everyone involved in the discussion. <3 this topic.

PS: I realize that I AM random scrub Cyrax. Come at me, bro. ^___^

Am I the only one who thinks d3 pressure with Kit is overrated
Block low and poke back...

Well the kitana's that use it are the ones who are the top one's lol.

Any d3 is overrated, block and poke back, but it's easier said than done.
you're sitting there expecting the d3, but what if they grab you? or b33 fake out kick (it jails on ducked opponents)
33 leaves you neutral.
etc

Footsies is her main game, but her d3 pressure is legit.