What's new

Match-up Discussion Kitana's Current Standing in the Community <3

Ermac, Liu, Jax, Cage, Freddy, Raiden, Sektor, Kenshi, Sonya, Smoke, Stryker, Reptile and Kabal all either:

A) beat her

OR

B) Give her problems, problems that her damage and footsies can overcome in the right hands.
-

Kitana played perfectly still sits just outside top 5
If they all beat her, she's not even top 20

She goes even with everyone you mentioned
While kenshi kabal and freddy beat her 6-4

The only other character I can see beating kitana can be Ermac, but as of now, 5-5

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

The only other character I can see beating kitana can be Ermac, but as of now, 5-5
no jessica, he's only saying that they give her problems. all of those characters make kitana play her game differently, but he's not saying it makes them bad matchups.

LEGEND

YES!

they don't beat her, they just make it not easy.

making mistakes vs these character is not really permitted, does mean that they are bad MUs you just have to play well

LEGEND

YES!
Sindel: I main Sindel as well, and I almost have Kitana beating Sindel 7-3, but I'll leave it as 6-4. any baited wakeups get 2,1 ex fan punished, kitana can time and punish low fireballs with jk fan, sindel loses the trading favor, due to kitanas fans doing more damage into combo, 6-4 Kitana
i feel like the massive difference in damage output makes this a 7-3 kitana. the MU itself runs like a 6-4 when you play it but that damage man, it makes a serious impact

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
i feel like the massive difference in damage output makes this a 7-3 kitana. the MU itself runs like a 6-4 when you play it but that damage man, it makes a serious impact
Yeah Sindel damage output is what really holds her back...that and the no armor move.

Ive always found Kitana in top 10, not sure where exactly I would put her though.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I don't see Ermac beating Kitana at all. Kitana doesn't need to rush down to get in on Ermac which all Ermac players love to do spam that TKP and Fireballs forcing her to either A.) jump around and B.) try to rush down.. TKP answer Kitana can zone out Ermac by staying outside it's retarded range and duck his Fireballs. Ermac wants Kitana to spam Fans in the air to bait her into his Teleport~Lift combos. Ermac needs to get in on Kitana, more risk him getting in on her than Kitana getting in on Ermac. Blocked Lift gets 2,1,Ex Fan 50% combo.. a whiffed TKP if Kitana jip combo him big time. The only threat Ermac has on Kitana is his high damage which she also has. I would personally rate this 5-5, any of their game. The misconception is that Kitana doesn't need to rushdown Ermac and play by his rules, she can make him play by her rules and make it hard for him.

Liu Kang is the only one I am questionable on because of his instant Air Fireballs and Low Fireballs to keep Kitana out midscreen and full screen and his AA solutions for her jump ins and his footsies can beat her D1, not sure about 2,1 BUT I haven't played challenging Liu Kang players to know but I suck terribly against average ones in general.

Kitana's worst MU from experience Kenshi, Kabal then Freddy in order.

Ermac, Liu, Jax, Cage, Freddy, Raiden, Sektor, Kenshi, Sonya, Smoke, Stryker, Reptile and Kabal all either:

A) beat her

OR

B) Give her problems, problems that her damage and footsies can overcome in the right hands.
-

Kitana played perfectly still sits just outside top 5
your naming too many chars there... most 5/5 she gives them problems too: Ermac, Stryker, Sektor: can zone her out but will get beaten once Kitana is in, Cage is the opposite a good zone, conditioning game will get this match going, Reptile: zone him at midd range or use a lot of F41 to start presure hes dash will go right thru her, Liu is the most even of all its like a true 5/5 in every department, Raiden he seem easy to me offline even online i get to punish a teleport whit 21cutter, Jax sorry no match exp here agreed Kenshi is hardest then Kabal then Freddy, Agreed on position Kitana is 6th in my book.

LEGEND

YES!
Kitana can't throw fans or ass out and he can wiff punish her footsies pretty well, She has to play his game

imo this more likely in his favor than anything
(Ermac)

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Kitana can't throw fans or ass out and he can wiff punish her footsies pretty well, She has to play his game

imo this more likely in his favor than anything
(Ermac)
She has no reasons to throw Fans or Ass In or Ass Away which is what Ermac players want her to do.

LEGEND

YES!
She has no reasons to throw Fans or Ass In or Ass Away which is what Ermac players want her to do.
is still think its 5-5, definitely not Kitana's favor

not being able to throw fans or ass out and having to respect TKP is "playing his game"

I can really see Ermac beating Kitana in the future, like I mentioned, she struggles with characters who keep her out.
While Noob, Stryker, etc have good zoning vs her, upclose they get destroyed.

Ermac on the other hand, if he didn't have the teleport push, it's different.
His damage is good, and is is decent upclose.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
is still think its 5-5, definitely not Kitana's favor

not being able to throw fans or ass out and having to respect TKP is "playing his game"
Kitana doesn't respect TKP from full screen, it does nothing to her. She can trade an instant Ex Air Fan and get a combo from it when he whiffs it. Actually I never see Kitana players who do this which is what I do and I do not fear Ermac. Ermac's high damage is her only threat when she makes a mistake which is unlikely if Kitana can make him play her game.

However, like I said in many other posts and a few other players who use Mileena, we feel Ermac is a bad MU for Mileena despite most hold it 5-5 here on TYM. That Ermac/Mileena MU feels out of my control whereas Kitana I can control the fight hold it as a solid 5-5. I don't care what anyone says Ermac beats Mileena 6-4.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't see Ermac beating Kitana at all. Kitana doesn't need to rush down to get in on Ermac which all Ermac players love to do spam that TKP and Fireballs forcing her to either A.) jump around and B.) try to rush down.. TKP answer Kitana can zone out Ermac by staying outside it's retarded range and duck his Fireballs. Ermac wants Kitana to spam Fans in the air to bait her into his Teleport~Lift combos. Ermac needs to get in on Kitana, more risk him getting in on her than Kitana getting in on Ermac. Blocked Lift gets 2,1,Ex Fan 50% combo.. a whiffed TKP if Kitana jip combo him big time. The only threat Ermac has on Kitana is his high damage which she also has. I would personally rate this 5-5, any of their game. The misconception is that Kitana doesn't need to rushdown Ermac and play by his rules, she can make him play by her rules and make it hard for him.
I agree with Mr Mileena's sentiments that he can give her trouble and it can be a future bad matchup. My problem with the way you described it is that it's based on the assumption that the Ermac player is being risky. You don't have to be risky to play Ermac. He has all the tools to deal with Kitana, but not too much that it necessarily puts her at a disadvantage.

Honestly though, I disagree with the use of ex fan in the matchup. He has high enough damage that it's worth it to conserve it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only thing Kitana does different vs Reptile is treat being at -1 like it's +1. That and stay just outside of d4. 21 shuts down everything eles Reptile can do poking-wise, and d4 is his only saving grace in the matchup.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ermac doesn't currently, nor will ever, beat Kitana. It is even. He can't keep her out the same way that Kenshi or Kabal can.

Ermac zoning Kitana is like a fly buzzing around your face where Kabal and Kenshi zoning is a fucking wrecking ball coming at you in 2D.