What's new

General/Other - Kitana Kitana's 3 Variations and X-ray Descriptions

I lost interest in Kitana. like a lot.
Same here.

As a fan of her, I'm a little disappointed by this. It's completely dumb to say NRS ran out of ideas, hence staff and boomerang. They've done a great and inspired job so far with all characters anyway.
I'm all in for progress and extension of characters' playstyles like Scorpion, Kano, Quan chi and Raiden. Kitana seems kinda wrong though. Maybe she will be great in terms of gameplay and balance, but i think they ruin the character. Many fans dislike the hybrid model so far….

As a fan of Jade, I'm bummed. There was much variation potential for her counter zoner archetype.
The "honor staff" thing is BS, no Jade fan can be pleased from this. As no other loyalists will be pleased if Cyrax gets a missile variant, Subzero gets a smoke bomb etc.
A character loyalist bonds with all aspects of the x character. Not with a single weapon.

That's a perspective before hands - on though. In the Lab with Kitana all I said will be nonsense;)

Jade could have been a good character for MKX.
Just a gut feeling I have, but I feel any low tier character from MK9 won't be returning in X. Part of the reason they were low tier is because NRS really didn't put too much time into them. If they didn't put that much time into a character that was released in 9, why would they put effort in them now for 10?

Same here.

As a fan of her, I'm a little disappointed by this. It's completely dumb to say NRS ran out of ideas, hence staff and boomerang. They've done a great and inspired job so far with all characters anyway.
I'm all in for progress and extension of characters' playstyles like Scorpion, Kano, Quan chi and Raiden. Kitana seems kinda wrong though. Maybe she will be great in terms of gameplay and balance, but i think they ruin the character. Many fans dislike the hybrid model so far….

As a fan of Jade, I'm bummed. There was much variation potential for her counter zoner archetype.
The "honor staff" thing is BS, no Jade fan can be pleased from this. As no other loyalists will be pleased if Cyrax gets a missile variant, Subzero gets a smoke bomb etc.
A character loyalist bonds with all aspects of the x character. Not with a single weapon.

That's a perspective before hands - on though. In the Lab with Kitana all I said will be nonsense;)
Yep. I will try her still, but at this point if Mileena makes it in , she's the first one ill be going the lab with

trufenix

bye felicia
Just a gut feeling I have, but I feel any low tier character from MK9 won't be returning in X. Part of the reason they were low tier is because NRS really didn't put too much time into them. If they didn't put that much time into a character that was released in 9, why would they put effort in them now for 10?
Yeah that's . . . completely backwards.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sooo... anyone else see the artwork of the kitana on the description screens? why no face like that in game? haha

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
We should be mourning Kitana not Jade. Kitana was always the airhead of the two. Jade was the wiser one. So what she was low tier, they could have remade her image just like they did Kano. This is bullsh*t NRS. I know you can't please everyone but the second character you confirm dead is Jade? (first being Hsu Hao) Jade was the one with the most potential when it came to variations.

I just might main Mileena out of spite!

Same here.

I can't imagine how MK followers would have reacted if they gave her Mileena's sais as well. :D

No but in all seriousness, they could have just given Kitana a defensive grappling style to use with her fans (maybe open & closed fans?), followed by fan/body strikes.

This video (and others on that channel) give examples of how it could look.

Or take note of some of Aoi's grappling moves from VF5 and just add fans.

Are kitana players happy with the fact that they might be maining the same character as glortor now? Boomerang is broken, and this should make the kenshi matchup 5-5.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah maybe they'll let you mb her square wave so it cant't be ducked or jumped and its +7
I dunno if its MB or EX or whatever but she definitely either has a grounded square wave / IA square wave thats super low to ground. Rush down Kitana is def gonna be a thing.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Or maybe she'll get a MB move during block that lets her switch variations on the fly ingame. She needs it.