What's new

General/Other - Kitana Kitana's 3 Variations and X-ray Descriptions

cyke_out

Noob
Here's a glaive from another game:

Just search "glaive throwing weapon" on Google and bam, you'll see tons of them.
  • The term "glaive" is frequently misapplied in modern fantasy fiction, films and video games to various thrown weapons, similar to the chakramor hunga munga, which can mystically return to the thrower (as in popular myths surrounding the boomerang). These objects are fictional, and are not in any way related to the historical glaive.

E

Eldriken

• The term "glaive" is frequently misapplied in modern fantasy fiction, films and video games to various thrown weapons, similar to the chakramor hunga munga, which can mystically return to the thrower (as in popular myths surrounding the boomerang). These objects are fictional, and are not in any way related to the historical glaive.
Yeah, I know. But they're still often referred to as glaives in games, which is why I consider them as such. I know what a real glaive is, however. It's just any weapon that looks like the above picture I posted, I consider it a glaive unless it's called something else within the game/lore.

cyke_out

Noob
Thanks @Eldriken @cyke_out @trufenix
I stand corrected. I was originally talking about her staff but I didn't think about her Boomerangs... Or, Glaives :p

Thought they were Boomerangs though because the MK9 moves list said so :L
It's cool, I geek out to a few things and medieval weaponry happens to be one of them. I generally try to hold it in check since what's in popular culture like movies and games is so incredibly wrong.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It's cool, I geek out to a few things and medieval weaponry happens to be one of them. I generally try to hold it in check since what's in popular culture like movies and games is so incredibly wrong.
That's pretty neat, didn't know people geeked out about that haha. I just wasn't sure what it was so I googled "Glaive" and it popped up on wiki saying that it's a pole with a knife on the end of it so I brought it up here.

People are assuming because she has a run move she's replaced Skarlet. The real reason we know Skarlet is out is because she's irrelevant and only 6 people care.
She seemed different and unique, why wouldn't you keep her in? because she isn't as well known?

trufenix

bye felicia
She seemed different and unique, why wouldn't you keep her in? because she isn't as well known?
Simple mathematics.

MK9 = 29 Characters (32 - Kratos, Cyber Sub, Freddy)
MKX = Looks like 26, but lets call it 28 to be generous.
Assuming (incorrectly) that MKX's current four new characters are the only ones and nobody from MK4+ is invited, that means 24 mk9 characters have a shot.

I don't like Skarlet's odds, bro.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@VideoGamerHD
It's not really a boomerang either, since thats a two angled thing with no blades. I think Razer-rang is what her weapon was called in MK9.
The actual definition of a Boomerang is:
"a curved flat piece of wood that can be thrown so that it will return to the thrower, traditionally used by Australian Aborigines as a hunting weapon."
or if used as a verb:
"(of a plan or action) recoil on the originator."

So razor-rang fits I guss but Boomerang fits too, I suppose. I have no idea why we're even going to specifics of this haha we know what the word was refering to so it doesn't matter. In MK9 I call them batarangs and I'm doing that in MKX too :p