What's new

Match-up Discussion Kitana Matchup Discussion Thread

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
BTW I recently discovered that you can standing 3 Mileena out of her telekick on reaction. Not sure if this is news, but if so, then enjoy!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
BTW I recently discovered that you can standing 3 Mileena out of her telekick on reaction. Not sure if this is news, but if so, then enjoy!
Wait what? So you can 3~fan 2~lift her for 34% And thats both versions of her telekick? Will need to hit the lab.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You can get 41% with b2 to punish Mileena's Roll. I'm not posting it because I can't remember it off hand... I'd have to hit up training mode to remember.
Oh, lol thanks konqrr. I was going to reply to this but forgot about it.

BenGman, not her ex telekick definitely. i do want to see how viable 3 punish is though... if it's consistent you don't have to deal with the delay of the air sai due to 3's vertical range.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can get 41% with b2 to punish Mileena's Roll. I'm not posting it because I can't remember it off hand... I'd have to hit up training mode to remember.
b+2~fan, standing 4~fan, 2~fan, f+2~cutter

Noserfatu

I standing 3'd her out of ex Tele in the lab. It's bad ass. They will freak out if this happens in a match

Theme

Noob
I standing 3'd her out of ex Tele in the lab. It's bad ass. They will freak out if this happens in a match
Wait so this is confirmed? You can actually stand 3 her out of her teleport? EX Too?!

I can confirm that you can stand 3 out of her wakeups teleport AND lung grab, EX.. Lol!!! Standing 3 is so useful.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Oh, I thought it was about standing 3 as a punish. I don't see why you would be throwing out random standing 3's midscreen though lol. I don't think you can reliably use this on reaction.

mileena giving me the most trouble .
you guys have any tips vs good mileena?
A lot of times, you just have to wait for them to make a mistake. Mileena's an unsafe character, and you have to recognize that they'll start getting impatient and throw out balls/teleports. When they don't, you have to rush her down. You can check her with occasional iaf's, but you can't really try to outzone her. The d4 is annoying, but you can bait it out and get the spacing for a f2~ex fan (the 1 in f2,1 will usually whiff at that range). Go for jump kicks too, but don't try to jump in too much or you can be hit with an AA roll.

For roll its 2 fan 2 lift b2 air fan, fan, 4 cutter for 35%. Same for normal telekick. For ex tele block high then low and d1 cutter.

For rtm2004 you can use the 2 fan 2 lift combo for smokes iat rather than pretty kicks.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
why 2 fan 2 lift?

do 4 fan 4 lift

Quito

PSN : QuitoTheSecond
iaf: up, then quicky motion to do fan?
so the fan need to be bloked as standed blocked?
You guys are really helpul!!!! i love this board :O

Quito

btw the kung lao teleport(punch or kick) can be punished with 2 ~fan? or only d1 ?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
iaf: up, then quicky motion to do fan?
so the fan need to be bloked as standed blocked?
You guys are really helpul!!!! i love this board :O
Yes, the method of doing it is whatever feels comfortable for you. I do a circular motion with the thumb (jump back+fan). It whiffs crouching but it will chip if they crouch block (at fullscreen it'll only chip on crouch block if it's very, very low).

Noserfatu

try doing the iaf in one fluid motion and don't try to compartmentalize it-- that helped me a lot.

Also, I don't think its that hard to standing 3 mileena's telekick on reaction. It means a punish in the 30%+ on ex tele kick instead of just D1~cutter.

Quito

Oh, I thought it was about standing 3 as a punish. I don't see why you would be throwing out random standing 3's midscreen though lol. I don't think you can reliably use this on reaction.

A lot of times, you just have to wait for them to make a mistake. Mileena's an unsafe character, and you have to recognize that they'll start getting impatient and throw out balls/teleports. When they don't, you have to rush her down. You can check her with occasional iaf's, but you can't really try to outzone her. The d4 is annoying, but you can bait it out and get the spacing for a f2~ex fan (the 1 in f2,1 will usually whiff at that range). Go for jump kicks too, but don't try to jump in too much or you can be hit with an AA roll.

the f2 ex fan thing work only if : if bloked the f2, then ex fans. I cant do it 1 in whiff
f2 bloked, then esx fan work fine, but f2,1 ex fan don work :I
you have a video who explain it?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
the f2 ex fan thing work only if : if bloked the f2, then ex fans. I cant do it 1 in whiff
f2 bloked, then esx fan work fine, but f2,1 ex fan don work :I
you have a video who explain it?
It doesn't mean block her d4. It means to space correctly to make it whiff and punish with either F2~cutter or f2~ex fan cancel.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Where do you guys think Kitana stands after Final Round? I have a lot of trust in my fellow midwesterner Osu 16 Bit, but I think the jury is in. She is best played as an offensive character (i.e., how CD and Mr. Mileena usually fight). She struggles vs the most basic of zoning (i.e., vs Ermac and Kano).

This character doesn't feel like top 5 for me. Maybe she was top 5 when she could do 50% juggles after f+2,1, but those days are long gone.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Where do you guys think Kitana stands after Final Round? I have a lot of trust in my fellow midwesterner Osu 16 Bit, but I think the jury is in. She is best played as an offensive character (i.e., how CD and Mr. Mileena usually fight). She struggles vs the most basic of zoning (i.e., vs Ermac and Kano).

This character doesn't feel like top 5 for me. Maybe she was top 5 when she could do 50% juggles after f+2,1, but those days are long gone.
Kenshi put the hurt on most Kitanas at final round, Kano if played right against her is a nightmare, upballs and knifes all day long. Kenshi, maaaaaan Kenshi.

it's tough to out zone most characters with her.

I still think she is a great character to defend life leads with and bait mistakes from your opponent, Tough to call her top 5 right now though,