What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shords

Noob
Okay, so I've had a bit of trouble with my bnb when done in the corner. I use f21, njp, 4~fan, etc. I've noticed that after the njp in the corner, the timing seems slightly different for connecting the 4, and the fan doesn't stay in the opponent for as long as it does midscreen. I can still connect the 4/2~fan lift afterward, but the window is definitely smaller. Does anyone know why this is? Or am I doing something oddly wrong?
You need to delay the 4~fan. Easiest timing is probably to backdash after NJP, then 4~fan and continue your combo.

Can someone please tell me combo that Crazy Domincan did in this video at 5:00?
Looks like JIP, 21~exfan, dash cancel, JIP, f21, NJP, 3~fan, dash, 2~fanlift, dash, dash, b2~airfan, dash, fan, dash, 4~cutter. It's basically an alteration of one her bnb. For maximum damage, you'd want to replace the 3~fan with 4~fan and 2~fanlift with 4~fanlift.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Looks like JIP, 21~exfan, dash cancel, JIP, f21, NJP, 3~fan, dash, 2~fanlift, dash, dash, b2~airfan, dash, fan, dash, 4~cutter. It's basically an alteration of one her bnb. For maximum damage, you'd want to replace the 3~fan with 4~fan and 2~fanlift with 4~fanlift.
It's a little bit odd that he uses 4~cutter at the end, considering the reason people use 3 and 2 in the first half is for easiness. If he's hitting that dash 4 at the end consistently, idk why he isn't going for max damage. Maybe for style points? lol.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
It's a little bit odd that he uses 4~cutter at the end, considering the reason people use 3 and 2 in the first half is for easiness. If he's hitting that dash 4 at the end consistently, idk why he isn't going for max damage. Maybe for style points? lol.
Connecting 4~cutter at the end is a lot easier than 4~lift, though yeah I don't know why anyone would use 3~fan instead of 4~fan...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
See, Blake, this is the problem I have. There's definitely no reason to be using 3 ex bars there. You can get similar damage with 1.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
See, Blake, this is the problem I have. There's definitely no reason to be using 3 ex bars there. You can get similar damage with 1.
You think I am not aware of that?

Right now I'm not posting practical combos, I'm going for as high damage as possible.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So for anyone having trouble hitting the dash 2~fan at the end of the recently posted corner combos, I've found it pretty useful to (right before it) use a jk~ex air fan instead of jk~air fan. Unlike regular fan, it doesn't stay in the opponent for a shorter period of time in this situation. You have enough time to dash cancel and throw another regular ground fan, by which point you'll be close enough to hit a normal into cutter without needing the quick dash.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Here's a combo I put together this morning. I'm sure it, or something very similar is already floating around! Anyway:

16 hit combo, 50% damage, 1 bar of meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
New corner high no meter 56% (no JPS) and 60% with one bar off of f41 starter.

I will post it when I am finished with a project I am working on.

Shords

Noob
Here are some d1 combo starters I've been using for the corner when you catch someone trying to jump out. It actually happens more often than you'd think!

- d1, d1~cutterx4, d1 (22%)
- d1, d1~fanlift(ex fanlift if theyre too low to the ground), step back, fan, b2~airfan, fan, dash, 333~cutter, d1 (34%)
This is basically used when you're just d1 poking in the corner and happen to catch them jumping.

- d1~cutterx4 (21%)
-d1~cutter, d1~fanlift(ex fanlift if you're not comfortable with the timing), step back, fan, b2~airfan, fan, dash, 333~cutter, d1 (33%)
Used when youre doing d1~cutter pressure and catch them jumping.

I'm sure by now everyone has used or seen the d1~cutterx4 combo, but I haven't really seen anyone utilize the fanlift after a d1 AA. I'd say it's worth learning to do considering how often it actually happens in a match.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Shords, I've tried the d1~fan lift but I can't for the life of me do it without squareboost coming out.

And Konqrr, I'm excited for this.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I think this is the most I can get out of the F+2, 1 starter: 22 hits, 57% damage, 2 bars of meter

Time to start playing around with other starters like the F+4,1

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After d1~cutter in the corner, you should do something like 2~Fan Lift because you have forever to confirm it hit.

I was getting this combo fairly consistently the day I found it, but now I can only get it 1/20 tries lol ... perhaps it's different timing on different HDTVs?

Corner, f41, b2~Air Fan, Fan, ff~b2~Air Fan, ff~333~Cutter, 333~Cutter

I had an opportunity to land the 62% corner combo in casuals tonight. Against a local Kabal player, I hit him in the corner with a ground fan as he was going for an iAGB then I dashed in and did 4~Fan, 4~Fan Lift but I mistimed the fan lift... I was so caught off guard that I was actually getting the opportunity to land it that I messed up lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Interesting that that combo gives you just enough space to hit the 2nd b2 without dashing. I've tried doing it with dashing but can't seem to time the b2 right to hit, since in the corner a fan hit has to be low to stay in the opponent for far enough. The only way I can do this combo is by using an ex fan after the 2nd b2.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Interesting that that combo gives you just enough space to hit the 2nd b2 without dashing. I've tried doing it with dashing but can't seem to time the b2 right to hit, since in the corner a fan hit has to be low to stay in the opponent for far enough. The only way I can do this combo is by using an ex fan after the 2nd b2.
The only part I have trouble with is the first 333~Cutter. The rest I get every time.

You could dumb the combo down with ff~2~Cutter then 333~Cutter for 54% as well which is WAY easier.

I had an opportunity to land the 62% corner combo in casuals tonight. Against a local Kabal player, I hit him in the corner with a ground fan as he was going for an iAGB then I dashed in and did 4~Fan, 4~Fan Lift but I mistimed the fan lift... I was so caught off guard that I was actually getting the opportunity to land it that I messed up lol
:taz:

I've managed to land it in a real match.. But i subbed one of the 4's for a 2 somewhere. Was ONLY 57 or 58%... No biggie.. Haha.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The only part I have trouble with is the first 333~Cutter. The rest I get every time.
It's weird, I've tried it so many times, I just can't hit that second b2 no matter how hard I mash it and no matter how many different heights I place the fan. I know it's not input lag, I'm using an asus monitor.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's weird, I've tried it so many times, I just can't hit that second b2 no matter how hard I mash it and no matter how many different heights I place the fan. I know it's not input lag, I'm using an asus monitor.
How are you not getting it? The second b2 hits them as they start falling from the ground fan hitting them in the air. The 333 hits them pretty high up. Are you letting Kitana finish her dash? Also, make sure that both hits of the ground fan connect for full damage. You only lose 1% of you only get one hit of the ground fan though.

I'd record it if I had the means to do so.

konqqr i found j/p f41 b2~fan fan dash b33cutter d1 cutter - 54% to be easier

i cant land 333cutter 333 cutter so i tired dash b33 and it connected way more then i could get 333 to connect because of the slight range advantage. maybe revolver you could try b33 cutter 333 cutter?

also midscreen for kitanas overhead f41 starter i found

jip f41 dash b2~fan fan b33~cutter - 44%

what is her highest midscreen off of f41?

Status
Not open for further replies.