What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
No it has nothing to do with the 333, it's the b2. I just can't hit it for some reason. It seems like it's going to connect but it wiffs.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
No it has nothing to do with the 333, it's the b2. I just can't hit it for some reason. It seems like it's going to connect but it wiffs.
Just to check, you're not dashing after the first b2~air fan are you? It should be pretty easy, though I can't get the 333~cutter to connect. I'll try the 2~cutter, 333~cutter when I get a chance.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just to check, you're not dashing after the first b2~air fan are you? It should be pretty easy, though I can't get the 333~cutter to connect. I'll try the 2~cutter, 333~cutter when I get a chance.
do the first b2~af, then fan, then dash into b2~air fan. I don't see where you are going wrong, the second b2 hits them pretty high up.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
do the first b2~af, then fan, then dash into b2~air fan. I don't see where you are going wrong, the second b2 hits them pretty high up.
I can do that bit fine its rev0lver that's having trouble. I just wanted to check he wasn't dashing between the first b2~air fan and ground fan as the timing seems easy to hit the 2nd b2~air fan.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Am I seeing that right? Two 4~fans before the 2~lift after the njp? That must take hella good timing, I have to try that.

aj1701

Noob
I doubt this is unknown, but I didn't see it in the first few pages. (Any chance we get all the combos into the first post?) I've been using it as my bnb.

F2 1, B2~air fan, ff, ground fan, 2~cutter = 37% no meter, midscreen

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I doubt this is unknown, but I didn't see it in the first few pages. (Any chance we get all the combos into the first post?) I've been using it as my bnb.

F2 1, B2~air fan, ff, ground fan, 2~cutter = 37% no meter, midscreen
thats a nice start; but you can actually do: f2 1;b2~fan; ff ground fan; ff 2~fan: ff 2~cutter

same combo-just add the additional 2~fan-its a few more points of damage and looks flashier ;)

aj1701

Noob
thats a nice start; but you can actually do: f2 1;b2~fan; ff ground fan; ff 2~fan: ff 2~cutter

same combo-just add the additional 2~fan-its a few more points of damage and looks flashier ;)
Yes, I wanted to start off small at first, this was my first over 30% damage combo. :) I'll try adding the extra 2~fan since I think I have my more basic version down.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is there any way somebody can post the current BnB post patch combos for Kitana? Or are they exactly the same?

I for the life of me cannot connect 4 to lift after: F2, 1 NFP 4FAN,

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Is there any way somebody can post the current BnB post patch combos for Kitana? Or are they exactly the same?

I for the life of me cannot connect 4 to lift after: F2, 1 NFP 4FAN,
They're the same, they just dropped a few % post patch. Are you dashing after the NJP and the 4~fan? I find with no dash after the NJP, 2~lift connects but 4~lift doesn't.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It is possible to connect 4~lift without the dash after njp, but the timing is much more strict. You're better off either dashing or doing 2~lift (what I do)

I also want to say that it's become harder to double dash and connect b2 after fan lift online. Alot of times when playing online I'll get them at the split second before they're falling or I whiff it. Doing the dash cancel into block trick can also get you there too early and the fan will whiff. The double dash isn't a problem offline though.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I am making a Kitana BnB Combo guide with everything useful in it from every situation... had it about 25% done until the patch fucked everything up with the damage scaling nerf. I have to re-obtain my data. I want to do a new video to go along with it, but I have not time to do so lately.

After watching [MENTION=588]Mr. Kitana[/MENTION] do an aaUppercut into d1~Cutter midscreen, I decided to test it out. In 10 minutes, I was able to get an aaUppercut, ff~2~:en Fan Lift (unsure if you need to use meter, didn't test that), ff~block~f, Fan, b2~Air Fan, ff~Fan, ff~4~Cutter for 42%. The aaUppercut must be on an opponent over you and the uppercut sends them flying behind you. I set it up in training mode by setting the CPU to jump then dash under and uppercut when they do. Good luck.

I wanted to clarifiy a few things on how i used kitana.

The f+4, overhead, was indeed a ghetto reset, it obviously didn't work out Ha!
there was a time where i was far away from Kabal, and i fanlifted like 5 times, it wasnt stupid on me, i had very little life, while kabal had a lot, i built a ton of meter and got my 3 bars, since kabal had 3 anyways.

I would f+2 cancel into lift to prevent them from breaking, I know it's less damage, but I don't want them to break.
There was a point where I beat Reo one round by doing pure fans not allowing him to break.

Make sure if your opponent has breaker, and less than 30% life, cancel into fan lift and drain his life away with fans.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lol, I didn't realize the uppercut combo was only AA. I tried d1~cutter off an uppercut in practice mode and was like "how the fuck...". However, in the corner you can do a plain uppercut into d1~cutter. The only way I've found to extend it is by adding a 2~ex fan, but it's not worth the meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Lol, I didn't realize the uppercut combo was only AA. I tried d1~cutter off an uppercut in practice mode and was like "how the fuck...". However, in the corner you can do a plain uppercut into d1~cutter. The only way I've found to extend it is by adding a 2~ex fan, but it's not worth the meter.
In the corner, you can get a grounded uppercut into d1~fan lift then do a 40% combo. I'm talking about midscreen.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I can NEVER get d1~fan lift off consistently. Also, I tried uppercut, d1~cutter, 2~ex fan, 2~fan lift. Why does the fan lift drop?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ghetto reset was hype. I think poor Velvet Sack got blown up by it once.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I can NEVER get d1~fan lift off consistently. Also, I tried uppercut, d1~cutter, 2~ex fan, 2~fan lift. Why does the fan lift drop?
Kitana Combo Rule #24 - When :en Fan hits them while they are in the air, a Fan Lift will drop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.