What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Are there any rules of thumb for when a lift will continue a combo vs. drop the opponent, and are there any times when an EX lift continues a combo but normal lift doesn't?
To add to what Konqrr says though, ex lift is (obviously) considerably faster than the regular lift. There are certain situations in which ex lift will hit but regular lift will not in that regard, but otherwise they are the same.

I'll give an example, something that I sometimes do when an uppercut comes out instead of cutter (lol)

corner: uppercut, d1 cutter, d1 cutter, 2 ex lift

A regular fan lift will not work there. I've also tried using d1~regular lift there and wasn't able to get anything unless there's a really small window for it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Any time an air fan has been used in the combo, a lift will drop.

Both lifts operate on the same rules.
Ah, that makes sense. Most of my AA combos are a result of an AA iAF. I'm actually trying to train myself to stop doing that since better players can punish it so easily (especially ones with teleport).

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
We lost a lot during the downtime. Can someone make an update with a list of the modern BNBs?

After Dallas I may actually update some of mine. My f+4,1, 2,1~lift and corner combos are prehistoric.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
We lost a lot during the downtime. Can someone make an update with a list of the modern BNBs?

After Dallas I may actually update some of mine. My f+4,1, 2,1~lift and corner combos are prehistoric.
Here's what I would say, for tournament viable combos -

Midscreen (not bothering with 21 ex fan and stuff because that's obvious)
f21, njp, 4~fan, 4/2~lift, b2 fan, fan, 2/f2 cutter
f21, b2~fan, fan, 2~fan, 2/f2 cutter
21~lift, njp, b2~fan, fan, 2~fan, 2/f2 cutter
f41, f2/4~lift, b2 fan, fan, 4~cutter
jk~fan, 4~fan, 2~fan, 2/f2~cutter
jk~fan, fan, 2~fan, 2/f2~cutter (if not deep enough for the 4)

Anti Air
2/3~fan, 4~lfit, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter

Corner
f21, njp, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2 fan, fan, fan, 333 cutter
f41, b2~fan, fan, b2~fan, 2~cutter, d1~cutter, d1
21~lift, njp, b2~fan, fan, b2~fan, 2~cutter, d1~cutter, d1

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So when I have time today I'm going to lock this thread and sticky a new, updated combo guide. It's too difficult to sift through a year and a half old thread to find what you're looking for that's relevant for current Kitana play. If anyone has any videos that could be put in this, feel free to let me know. xKhaoTikx i think you had a nice unbreakable combo video? i can't find it though, maybe it was lost during the downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.