What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Gonna start messing with Edenian Fade and see if I can justify the two slots.

I will say that the chip damage off the sai projectile is NUTS

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
I think Sonya has no place in this patch. She literally can't touch Fujin, Rain, Mileena... with their insane dash speed. Same as Kitana with the garbage backdash.
Watch any game with those DLCs you will notice, no one is counterpoking with another poke anymore. They can poke then backdash like Catwoman with half the recovery frames
They should either increase the dash speed of slow characters, or nerf those broken DLCs to be on par with, let's say Johnny and Cassie.
Literally was fighting a rain yesterday with kitana . He never counter poked and if he did it was the one that comes out as a wave. If my d1/d3 was blocked he immediately came with a standing 1. Every time

Did anyone know that sai toss from the half blood stance has an answer to every oki option or a lot of options? It covers delay wakeup regular wakeup, u3, jumps ( can combo into ground war if catching a jumping opponent.) I havent tested it on rolls. but as long as you end in b14 sai toss you can do anything and punish. And if they block its + 22 and youre in their face.

Edit: doesnt work as well on back rolls. But that means you carry them closer to the corner.

Last edited:
Did anyone know that sai toss from the half blood stance has an answer to every oki option or a lot of options? It covers delay wakeup regular wakeup, u3, jumps ( can combo into ground war if catching a jumping opponent.) I havent tested it on rolls. but as long as you end in b14 sai toss you can do anything and punish. And if they block its + 22 and youre in their face.

Edit: doesnt work as well on back rolls. But that means you carry them closer to the corner.
I'm also in love with Mileena stance. My bnb is [starter] lift, jump 2, b13 fan, and while the enemy is dropping just go for stance 2. It's awesome.
But I choose ground war instead of low fan. The 176 fullscreen 1 bar damage is better than Mileena's teleport, and I really love the booty KB

I'm also in love with Mileena stance. My bnb is [starter] lift, jump 2, b13 fan, and while the enemy is dropping just go for stance 2. It's awesome.
But I choose ground war instead of low fan. The 176 fullscreen 1 bar damage is better than Mileena's teleport, and I really love the booty KB
I have that too. It shuts down every Oki option except wakeup jump and block. And if you practice the teleport timing you can punish those on a hard read. I'm not too worried as people generally break anyways so after the first break you can start enforcing sai pressure that guarantees you strike throw. And I'm sure if you really disliked all wakeup options you could opt for fannado which has already been covered here. Kitana got strong with this patch.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.

Hell, even if it doesn’t work as well on back rolls... if you read that the opponent is going to back roll you can delay the sai for half a second and it will still track right to their position.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215

With the back rolls did you try testing and throwing the sai behind you? Idk if it’ll work but it’s just a thought

With the back rolls did you try testing and throwing the sai behind you? Idk if it’ll work but it’s just a thought
I didnt. Im not too worried about it not catching backrolls because it basically makes your opponent concede all of his other wakeup options and defensively back into a corner

Mk11 is known for people being squirmy on wakeup so my goal is to get them to chill on the damn ground and stop hunting for combos. Lol

I just found out most hitbox inconsistencies that NRS claims to have fixed fix.... still don't woork on Kitana: Johnny's ex forceball, Kano's F12.... always whiff.
It's much easier for her to deal with them, because their plus frame becomes full combo punishable lol

I took a break from Kitana after the up-fan nerf and really had a lot of fun labbing Mileena, but I cannot make her work for me in matches.

I decided to play around with some Kitana variations, and had a lot of fun with replacing the Flutter out of Fan-Fare with Low Fan... Took it into KL and it felt great.

The only match-ups i struggled with FF were heavy zoning match-ups, but i made a second variation with HBS and ground war, which should help.

One thing i am really happy about with his update is that our variations can now have different skins... I really stuggled previously when swapping to another variation with the same skin and getting mixed up with which moves i had equipped. My HBS variation looks as much as Mileena as possible, so hopefully i dont fuck that up.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah, it seems pretty good with the angled air-fan. you can get some obnoxious air projectiles that would make Akuma jealous.
I haven't tried Kustom Kitana online yet, but I'm def going with this one. Sounds like she's gonna be just like Kabal with the air shennanigans. Especially since she gets Air Ass too iirc. I wonder if you can use it after advance flutter. Might be able to use it to get out corner for free