What's new

Kitana General Discussion

armani

Noob
I honestly feel like upfan got nerfed, which is a SMALL complaint in comparison to the rest of amazing buffs she got.

what seems to work after lift (consistently) are some of the older bnb’s I was doing:

starter > lift, (b1)4 upfan, b14, booty
starter > lift, (b3)4 upfan, b14, booty

shame lol. BUT!
d3 jailing into 12, 21
d4 jailing into b2
& quick hops actually working help out kitana a shit ton

Hey guys, sorry for the noob question, I have been away from the game for a while I have never really delved into the kustom variations, so what shapes up to be the best combination of special moves now?

I think edenian razors should definitely be in for the chip/pressure etc. I remember that she had another stance in the kustoms outside of half blood, but that seemed kinda inpracticle

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Her patch note :

Kitana - Heal Poke (Down + Front Kick) now has a different hit reaction, and now has 1 more recovery frame on hit, 4 more recovery frames on miss, and 5 more frames of hit advantage on a grounded opponent

Kitana – Fan Stab (Down + Back Kick) is now -9 on block (down from -8), has 1 more recovery frame on hit & on miss, and 7 more frames of hit advantage on a grounded opponent

Kitana - Neck Slice (Back Punch) now has 11 startup frames (down from 13)

Kitana - Royal Protection now increases damage on Quick Execution and Toward & Back Throws

Kitana - Edenian Razors now has 3 less recovery frames and only attacks with one Fan instead of three

Kitana - Edenian Razors can now be Amplified to attack with 2 additional Fans

Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow no longer is possible if Kitana is above 300 health while Fatal Blow is still on cooldown

Kitana - Upward Fan Toss now has 5 more recovery frames

Kitana - Upward Fan Toss Amply now has 1 more recovery frame and now enables autoblock which no longer allows for followup hits to combo

Kitana - Cancel (Half-Blood Stance) is no longer throw immune during some of its frames

Kitana - Far Dark Plunge (Edenian Fade) is now +12 on hit (up from -10) when connecting on the first active frame

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Not sure what you guys are talking about but I’m comboing off of up fan just fine

Starter into lift, j2, b14 up fan, b14 ass. That’s 32% meterless off of b231, which is 3% more than her previous j2x2 bnb. The only difference is the unbreakable with amp up fan is gone but I kinda had a feeling that was going away.

S1 into Up fan as an AA still converts into b14 lift.

You can still convert off up fan as an AA itself.

The recovery is definitely noticeably slower but I don’t think it’s enough to complain about. The combos are still there, unless there were specific combos I didn’t know about?

Last edited:
Not sure what you guys are talking about but I’m comboing off of up fan just fine

Starter into lift, j2, b14 up fan, b14 ass. That’s 32% meterless off of b231, which is 3% more than her previous j2x2 bnb. The only difference is the unbreakable with amp up fan is gone but I kinda had a feeling that was going away.

The recovery is definitely noticeably slower but I don’t think it’s enough to complain about. The combos are still there, unless there were specific combos I didn’t know about?
I was just about to say this. The combo is still there, but your micro dashes have to be on point. Requires skill, which I'm ok with.

Edit: NOT ok with the neutering her corner unbreakable. Tons of characters have decent unbreakable damage. Don't see why kitana kahn can't.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero

What slot moves you using?

I can still connect 12 after up fan MB in the corner.... is it because the dummy don't block?
My old F2 combo is gone but I am fine with that.
I am glad NRS doesn't add more scaling for up fan, that would definitely ruin all combos if she wants to dish out damage with DF2 KB or corner fatal blow. Recovery nerf is pretty small

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I've gotten used to the upwards fan toss nerf. Sure it annoys me but oh well. By the way, I've been trying to use her air downwards fan (forgot the name) and honestly, it's not that bad. Definitely useable.

VELL1

Noob
I've been rocking the air dash and downward air fan. Lets me play Kitana just like Kabal lol.
Meterless 27% off a jab punish is nice too.
So I am trying this, but that stupid forward dash is pretty hard to do. I am trying to do it off short hop, and have like 50% success rate, and another half it's just a hopeinto J2.