What's new

Kitana General Discussion

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
That f2 at the end is a tight ass gap though. Are you sure that’s possible?
100% positive on male and female hitboxes...it's really hard but you can get it down for tournament use. The one good thing is you can tell when the f222 won't hit and just go for a batty bump.

Someone mentioned earlier, but you need the last hit if b14 to hit at the earliest possible moment and it'll pop them high enough for the microdash into f222

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Ohhh. Just tested it in lab. But this only works on airborne opponent and requires 2 bars right? So it's basically Teleport (Amp), Ass (amp) right?
No. Kitana can cancel her air fan into ass remember? React to the projectile with teleport, then cancel that into air fan, then cancel that into ass. The opponent doesn’t need to be in the air. If you do happen to catch them in the air, do the fan cancel then convert into lift.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Just saw the inputs for rains move called hydroboost, similar to kitanas flutter but it’s grounded. He has advancing and retreating and it’s a simple bf4, bf4b/f input. I hate that they gave kitana that dumb input for it

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So highborn is pretty much still the same. Regular razors are +19 on hit, which still guarantees any follow up while only being -6 on block. Amp is basically pre patch razors, as in its +26 on hit and +1 on block. It also does great chip

What are you Fan-Fare guys going with? I’m having a hard time making up my mind.

I like grounded wave for some punishes and armor break, but after adding up-fan, I don’t really know what to throw in there other than the basic flutter.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
What are you Fan-Fare guys going with? I’m having a hard time making up my mind.

I like grounded wave for some punishes and armor break, but after adding up-fan, I don’t really know what to throw in there other than the basic flutter.
replace the parry with upfan. That's really it. If you want a zoning version, then go with low fan.

I found the optimal bnb FOR DF2 KB is like this:
starter into lift, j2 f2 up fan, f234 df2 kb. F2 does more damage than B2 and using fewer hits to avoid the scaling helps the df2 kb do way more damage.
Not sure if still works, I am a PC so i will update you guys tomorrow

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
HBS + ground war is nice. Hitting the opponent in the air with teleport and converting into a full combo is very satisfying lol
Right? It's too bad they thought ahead of edenian twist because they we could have her KB loaded off a teleport ;-;

armani

Noob
d3 being plus +15 on hit is so great.

I've been able to catch mashers with alot more edenian twist kbs by jumping back and doing ia twist after d3. satisfying af

No. Kitana can cancel her air fan into ass remember? React to the projectile with teleport, then cancel that into air fan, then cancel that into ass. The opponent doesn’t need to be in the air. If you do happen to catch them in the air, do the fan cancel then convert into lift.
Oh got it. Thanks so much bro. I never used teleport before so I wasn't sure how it worked. You have to wait till right before you hit the ground to amplify (throw the air fan). That's what I was missing. Then yeah you can legit get 21% on grounded opponent. Yeah I think Half Blood Stance with Ground War is pretty sweet. Crush those projectile spamming characters with that teleport. Only WE'RE allowed to spam projectiles! lol.

gitblame

Noob
I don't know if it's the final version or we getting another patch today (I hope so, because there are some really questionable choices in this version), but so far Kitana had some good changes. Her pokes being trash was her really main weakness, now she can make ppl block after d4 and d3 so her strike throw // game got finally as strong as other chars. I played a short set after patch and it really felt nice to hit someone with d4. I liked that feeling.

If her abilities stays as now, I would probably have low fan + half blood stance as my main loadout. Basically every loadout I want to test has either half blood stance or low fan in it. I think they are glueing Kitana's toolkit the best. Also it's nice we can just make better fan-fare version with upfan.

The good thing about Kitana is that all her custom moves are good, so we can create different playstyles that can help her in certain matchup.
I did some testing with her air downward fan, it's good. It replaces the air straight fan, but youone more zoning tool that hits mid, and you can still MB the downward fan to recover faster, or cancel downward fan on hit into ground war for some damage.