What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Zviko

Noob
I think she beats sindel, especially fearless. The zoning enough is troublesome for her then factor in the fact that kitana is also better than her upclose and it seems pretty clear.
I feel like Royal Edenian is the best option to use against kitana since the low fireball is a decent projectile against her, but fan nado/low fan/teleport makes it pretty hard for her to utilize it. A mistimed banshee barrage gets beat by fan nado also, and it’s punishable by Ass unless done at max range
f4u3 on block is a GUARANTEED fan nado for us. She can’t jump and low fireball trades with fan nado. Only thing that beats it is amp scream (which is a KB so be careful).

thoughts?
Sindel can back dash the fan nado reversal after F4U3 so she's not forced to block it. V1 can also DB4 punish it. Gets beat by fan toss though and V1 in general obviously has much tougher time against her at range. So yeah, Kitana probably beats her easily. Also, Sindel can DB4 out of amplified projectiles if she ducks the first one against most of the cast except against Kitana I think. Her fans are too fast or have too big vertical hitbox.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Fellas, I really like Kitana, how she looks and plays. So, I was looking for some players, regular Kitana players, so check how they play and take some notes to myself. Any suggestions?

I've checked these matches, below, and is the general gameplay with Highbourne still the same? These matches are from September.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Sindel can back dash the fan nado reversal after F4U3 so she's not forced to block it. V1 can also DB4 punish it. Gets beat by fan toss though and V1 in general obviously has much tougher time against her at range. So yeah, Kitana probably beats her easily. Also, Sindel can DB4 out of amplified projectiles if she ducks the first one against most of the cast except against Kitana I think. Her fans are too fast or have too big vertical hitbox.
Backdashing it is fine. Creates more space for us which is what we want. Also, fan toss would
Yay ... Fearless is the best for something! <3 <3 <3
Lol fearless is the best against geras also.

Any kitana variation is good against sindel since each one has its uses, but if you really just wanna lame the ho out, fearless is the one to do that

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think she beats sindel, especially fearless. The zoning enough is troublesome for her then factor in the fact that kitana is also better than her upclose and it seems pretty clear.
I feel like Royal Edenian is the best option to use against kitana since the low fireball is a decent projectile against her, but fan nado/low fan/teleport makes it pretty hard for her to utilize it. A mistimed banshee barrage gets beat by fan nado also, and it’s punishable by Ass unless done at max range
f4u3 on block is a GUARANTEED fan nado for us. She can’t jump and low fireball trades with fan nado. Only thing that beats it is amp scream (which is a KB so be careful).

thoughts?
I agree that Royal Edenian is Sindel's best variation against Kitana because of the low fireball. I also think the aerial fireball (the blockable one) is good for punishment when you jump back and react to a string whiffing.

I am still using Highborn in this match and I am not switching. After using Highborn for so long, Fan-Fare and Fearless seem like downgrades.

I have been cleaning up my gameplay in Highborn and using more of b+2 xx razors to avoid whiffing the entire string, b+1,4 xx Half-Blood stance 1 when b+1 connects as an AA,
and razors as a meaty attack, with good results. These things are impossible in the other two variations.

Zviko

Noob
Backdashing it is fine. Creates more space for us which is what we want.
I've done some more testing. In V3 if she backdashes far enough and does amp low projectile it's actually you who has to block and your Fan Nado won't even reach her. If she doesn't amp it you recover fast enough from Fan Nado and can jump over. She can also neutral jump and do Banshee Barrage to avoid your Nado and get a punish. But that's beaten by your Fan Toss. And Fan Toss is beaten by her low projectile. And her backdash low is beaten by your low Fan Toss. And that is beaten by her Banshee Barrage. So against V3 you are not guaranteed anything after F4U3 like you've said. It's a rock paper scissors.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

I have been cleaning up my gameplay in Highborn and using more of b+2 xx razors to avoid whiffing the entire string, b+1,4 xx Half-Blood stance 1 when b+1 connects as an AA,
and razors as a meaty attack, with good results. These things are impossible in the other two variations.
You can also do b14 fan toss to set up the sai toss oki as well. That’s what I do. I almost never use sai stab tbh, unless it’s that very rare instance I have the KB loaded

In fan fare you can go right into lift. Fearless you can do b14 fan toss then go into fan nado. Every character has to hold that. Only guaranteed way to avoid that is by rolling backwards.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
You can also do b14 fan toss to set up the sai toss oki as well. That’s what I do. I almost never use sai stab tbh, unless it’s that very rare instance I have the KB loaded

In fan fare you can go right into lift. Fearless you can do b14 fan toss then go into fan nado. Every character has to hold that. Only guaranteed way to avoid that is by rolling backwards.
I assume by the oki B14 oki you mean catching them jumping with b14?

DarksydeDash

Backdashing it is fine. Creates more space for us which is what we want. Also, fan toss would

Lol fearless is the best against geras also.

Any kitana variation is good against sindel since each one has its uses, but if you really just wanna lame the ho out, fearless is the one to do that
Why does fearless body geras?

xKhaoTik

Here’s some gameplay between @EMPRESS_SunFire and myself. She was using Royal Edenian and I was using Highborn (in this video. Other video coming soon).

She’s the only sindel I’ve played so far who knows what they’re doing and made me work up a sweat lol. If you guys have been wondering how the MU plays out, i think this explains it for the most part.

EDIT: here’s part 2 where I use fan fare and fearless

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Here’s some gameplay between @EMPRESS_SunFire and myself. She was using Royal Edenian and I was using Highborn (in this video. Other video coming soon).

She’s the only sindel I’ve played so far who knows what they’re doing and made me work up a sweat lol. If you guys have been wondering how the MU plays out, i think this explains it for the most part.

Off topic but wherenor how did you get some.of those Kitana taunts?

Watched the first video, and great back-and-forth set! Also, @xKhaoTik , you have a lot of currency!

NRS really needs a feature that let's us use our money. I already bought out the krypt shrine lmao
I think the average player won't reach the level of currency you guys have though. Personally, I'd love to be able to buy the Skins, Gear, Taunts, etc. that I want in a full in-game store using Koins, Soul Fragments, Hearts, and/or Time Crystals. The Premium Store and it's limited rotating selection is pretty underwhelming, to be honest.

Bigzo

Noob
Honestly torn right now.

I've been nothing but Fan Fare, but it appears as if I have to go Highborn in order to take Kitana into legit competition.

Been struggling with Edenian Razor pressure and using Sais at dumb times. It just doesn't feel like Kitana, and her damage in highborn isn't as fun as Fan Fares.

Any Advice?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Honestly torn right now.

I've been nothing but Fan Fare, but it appears as if I have to go Highborn in order to take Kitana into legit competition.

Been struggling with Edenian Razor pressure and using Sais at dumb times. It just doesn't feel like Kitana, and her damage in highborn isn't as fun as Fan Fares.

Any Advice?
I mean, you’re correct. It DOESN’T feel like Kitana and it is boring as fuck to sit and just do a string into razors over and over again.

As far as pressure with the razors goes.... unless it’s on hit it’s a compete guessing game. You could be +1 if you’re frame perfect, but you could also be negative god knows how much if your finger lingers for half a second too long on the button. Good thing is? There’s no way of knowing.

DarkSado

Noob
I believe they should give Ediena twist to fan fare and change the input of that move . Also give fearless the parry move instead.