What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
You seem to be forgetting about the cross pollination between Sonya/Cassie/Johnny. Same moves, slightly different, still fun and interesting. Sonya and Cassie both have drones. Kitana and Mileena can both have said.
nope .... Kitana and Mileena are enemies, they don't hang out together to have fun .... Kitana had Jade moves in MKX, as a pure homage NRS did, since both are BBF .... Johnny, Sonya and Cassie are family , ok they sharing stuff .... but Mileena and Kitana, never ! :confused:

Sub-Zero and Scorpion were nemesis , and now, even as "partners" in MK11, NRS respect their old rivalry , and they don't share moves, so, don' t make sense Kitana just having Mileena's moves, that's wrong, man ! :eek:

A true Mileena main would be offended by this dismissal. Mileena is not just a teleport drop kick. She has command grabs, she chews on faces, she has that sweeping ball roll, she is an incredibly interesting and dynamic character that has always been a part of Kitana’s story. Was MK Vengeance the only game where Kitana was included but Mileena wasn’t? Aside from MKvDC of course. Remember, Tanya was DLC and still played a role in MKX’s story. I really think Mileena is in line for that kind of role.

Great question! Asked myself the same once watching the kast.

Hate that Kitana has Mileena's moves. It's cheap and uninspired. It's like, Hey NRS, where the hell is your creativity? I bet you didn't waste a penny for Cetrion, so you should still have it, but nope.
I don't mind it. If Mileena is not going to be in the game, it's a good compromise.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
A true Mileena main would be offended by this dismissal. Mileena is not just a teleport drop kick. She has command grabs, she chews on faces, she has that sweeping ball roll, she is an incredibly interesting and dynamic character that has always been a part of Kitana’s story. Was MK Vengeance the only game where Kitana was included but Mileena wasn’t? Aside from MKvDC of course. Remember, Tanya was DLC and still played a role in MKX’s story. I really think Mileena is in line for that kind of role.
Nobody cares

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Mileena is still going to be DLC. Kitana took one move she actually uses from her (the teleport drop kick) and the other two are entirely new.

Between what was included in Mileena’s Ravenous and Ethereal variations, there is a ton they can do to improve and expand upon her move set. Kitana using a sai in three moves doesn’t completely disqualify her from being a character in the game......and the leaks have proven to be very true up until this point.
Lol bro stop. There’s no Mileena man.

Kitana has her sai, her sai throw, and her teleport. Those are ALL key aspects to Mileena outside of the roll. They’re not going to have a Mileena without her sai or teleport lol. You mentioned ravenous and ethereal but those variations still had all the things Kitana has now outside the roll. This also isn’t the first time Kitana has a move from Mileena (Mileena also wasn’t present in that game either).

I’m a Mileena fan too and it does hurt she’s not in but damn at least I can accept it lol.

xenogorgeous

Lol bro stop. There’s no Mileena man.

Kitana has her sai, her sai throw, and her teleport. Those are ALL key aspects to Mileena outside of the roll. They’re not going to have a Mileena without her sai or teleport lol. You mentioned ravenous and ethereal but those variations still had all the things Kitana has now outside the roll. This also isn’t the first time Kitana has a move from Mileena (Mileena also wasn’t present in that game either).

I’m a Mileena fan too and it does hurt she’s not in but damn at least I can accept it lol.
well spoken , dude ! ;)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
@xKhaoTik

Wondering, what is your thoughts on her first Tournament variation?
It reminds me a lot of Royal Storm. Ground ass will be used as a combo ender to set up her zoning. Hopefully it’s still a HKD. Float is still float lol. Everything you could do in MKX with it will probably be here too outside of NJP. Her absorb is her “reflect” this time around. Still anti zones and makes her zoning stronger.

I’m ready for it

xenogorgeous

WTF?!?! Kitana is so ugly and without charisma in this video.... No No No !!! I want Kitana like MK9 or MKX...

Definitely Jade will be my favorite of this 11th opus
I don't hate how she looks here, but her outfit is just begging for some exposed hips. That's the most disappointing thing to me. Kitana has always had her hips bare since MK2. Even when she wore pants in MKX, her pants still had an opening to expose her hips.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
It does suck that she's not in because she's one of my top 5 favorites (besides Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, & Jade), but I think Mileena fans are going too far on Twitter. I understand wanting her in, but it's not the end of the world. No sense in complaining about it.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I'm HOPING the canon for her having it is for the young Kitana to be from the reality where she killed Mileena after learning she was a clone and not her true sister as she was made to believe (old canon in MK2) and kept her Sai as a tribute/trophy. I'd accept that. Would be respectful to both of them. Please @16 Bit, as a fellow Kitana fan, tell us that THAT is the Lore Minute, bro. Lol. No I'm NOT genuinely expecting a spoiler response.

But if I do hope she has a few more aggressive rushdowny tools similar to Assassin variant we haven't seen. I'm happy with what we have so far but GODS do I need more in depth Kitana, lol.

On the plus side I just need a shader for her human skin that turns all the blue to a nice blood red and I will be pretty set. Combine Kitana with a slight Mai Shiranui influence and you get an OC in a story of mine (visually anyway), lol. Black and red for the win though.

@16 Bit, are you able to tell us whether or not we will get skins using the Revenant clothes but with Human skin? Would LOVE that for all of them. I really dig the aesthetics with black/red and spikey but would prefer human skin to revenant as an option. Any chances for that somewhere down the line?

Hello, I'm new here ... :)

I really love what I saw from Kitana . The only problem I have is her not having a proper stance ... it does look awkward, to be honest . Her holding both of her fans all the time, makes her look unnatural during the fight . It would have been much better if they gave her '' hand to hand '' stance, with fans opening up during the fight, and with occasional punches and her nice little slaps instead of all weapon based moves, all the time . It makes her look like a robot, very stiff and non fluid :(

Having a few Mileena moves is not a big deal, to be honest ... she still has plenty of her own signature moves in that variation ... Look at the Cage and Briggs family, for God's sake ... why is it always Kitana that is under such a sharp criticism ?

Besides, she looks great, and I'm thrilled to try her out.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kitana looks and plays amazing. Literally no complaints so far. I'll be rocking the Half Blood look for sure. We'll see the variations on day one, I do want to explore them past those two and see how Mileena she can really become. If there is a good balance between the sisters I do see it being the strongest blend of both. Imagine a Mileena with fan combos, ohh that's right, we have that. Telekick ohh baby, I can't wait.

A short breakdown of Kitana:

She has a Low Fan Toss similar to Mileena's low Sai in mkx:

Her Half-Blood Stance:

Up Sai:
Has some powerful properties and reminds me of Sektors up missles pre-nerf. The hitstun looks to allow follow up pressure and possibly combos.

Telekick:
Is one of the greatest counter zoning teleports in the game and goes into combos. She doesn't have telekick into Sai but she does have fan toss which in my opinion is better.

Sai Stabs:
It's a combo extender that leads into Krushing Blow and looks awesome, empress Mileena style. Can be used as a mid range block check as well.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I hope that it will be better. The one they showed in the trailer was pretty underwhelming.
What I thought was a joke was her Fatal Blow. Looks like they bounced off an invisible trampoline so she could continue it. I hope they change it. She has plenty of tools to juggle, how about her fan nado to lift em up instead of the rediculous bounce?