What's new

Kitana General Discussion

armani

Noob
There is no “argument” for allowing people to breakaway from lift or not. The fact of the matter is Kitana is the only one who’s capture state you can break away from.

Cetrion geyser? Sub freeze in the air? Nomad dash? None of these other capture moves behave this way, why does Kitana’s?

It’s not even a matter of damage to me at this point, it just annoys the fuck out of me how inconsistent things are in the design of this game.
from a developer design vs. practical expectation I think it’s a safe bet that it’s an argument. what seemed like a great design choice wasn’t included in the game. maybe look into things a little better before being all passive aggressive lol. it’s ok.

I really feel like NRS put more work into other characters compared to others. but that’s exactly what you get when you start from near ground level with every iteration. kitana just doesn’t have enough things to do.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
from a developer design vs. practical expectation I think it’s a safe bet that it’s an argument. what seemed like a great design choice wasn’t included in the game. maybe look into things a little better before being all passive aggressive lol. it’s ok.

I really feel like NRS put more work into other characters compared to others. but that’s exactly what you get when you start from near ground level with every iteration. kitana just doesn’t have enough things to do.
I’m generally not passive about my aggression.

• Kitana - Fixed an issue with Dark Deception (Away + Front Punch, Back Kick, Back Punch) Krushing Blow not triggering if the third attack is a Kounter
  • Kitana - Edenian Strike now has 1 more frame of hitpause
  • Kitana - Fan Toss Amplify can now be delayed by up to 7 more frames
  • Kitana - Reduced the combo damage scaling of Fan Lift & Fan-Nado and its reaction no longer allows the opponent to Breakaway
  • Kitana - Royal Protection buff no longer gets removed after using certain attacks
  • Kitana - Royal Protection buff now grants a stacking damage buff (up to 50%) for each successful projectile parry that lasts 10 seconds and the timer is reset with each successful parry
  • Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow requirement "Triggers if FATAL BLOW is on cooldown" no longer will be possible after DEADLY GAME (Fatal Blow) has successfully hit
  • Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow now has an alternate requirement of “Triggers if it KOUNTERS or PUNISHES a LOW or DUCKING attack”
Not was i expected, but atleast something.

Zviko

Noob
Kitana - Reduced the combo damage scaling of Fan Lift & Fan-Nado and its reaction no longer allows the opponent to Breakaway

Surely you guys are happy now. I'd be happy only with the first part. Also 10sec buff and stacking is nice but I'd rather be able to hold it to absorb amped projectiles than that stacking thing tbh. But I'm happy with those buffs. Can someone check how much damage is her optimal now pls. I'm on PC...

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
  • Kitana - Fixed an issue with Dark Deception (Away + Front Punch, Back Kick, Back Punch) Krushing Blow not triggering if the third attack is a Kounter
  • Kitana - Edenian Strike now has 1 more frame of hitpause
  • Kitana - Fan Toss Amplify can now be delayed by up to 7 more frames
  • Kitana - Reduced the combo damage scaling of Fan Lift & Fan-Nado and its reaction no longer allows the opponent to Breakaway
  • Kitana - Royal Protection buff no longer gets removed after using certain attacks
  • Kitana - Royal Protection buff now grants a stacking damage buff (up to 50%) for each successful projectile parry that lasts 10 seconds and the timer is reset with each successful parry
  • Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow requirement "Triggers if FATAL BLOW is on cooldown" no longer will be possible after DEADLY GAME (Fatal Blow) has successfully hit
  • Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow now has an alternate requirement of “Triggers if it KOUNTERS or PUNISHES a LOW or DUCKING attack”
Not was i expected, but atleast something.
WE GOT THE LIFT TO NOT ALLOW BREAK AWAY AND LESS DAMAGE SCALING!?

DarksydeDash

So absolutely no breakaway from lift or fan nado? WTF??? LMAOOOO
Fearless just got insane zoning now. You hit that fannado because they jump? IA amp fan, AMP fan toss, and then meaty fannado with a check of low fan is like 22% from zoning lmao

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Time for me to start noodling with FanFare and Fearless. Hopefully my highborn knowledge helps accelerate things lmao

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Is it easier to defend and take your turn back against Edenian Razors now?
With the buffer increase? I would assume it's considerably easier to break out of Razor pressure now. Even if the player has the timing down consistently for 0 and +1 razors, she doesnt have the proper poke or mid speed to contest super well after with this change. It should be a direct nerf to Highborn, honestly.

gitblame

Noob
I am not going to complain, because my main got buffed but I can see ppl being angry Kitana gets buffed literally every single patch, while other even more inferior characters are still bugged and have even more glaring issues. Before patch Highborn was imo top tier. Fearless was mid tier. Fan-fare was mid low tier.

But about the patch. I love of couse changes for Fearless. Now connecting fan-nando on zoning is equal to getting additional damage before they can break. Less damage scaling = better combos. Additional KB requirement for air BF3 is now really good and realistic too get in real match. Someone mentioned how good her B2 stagger into short hop can be now to bait counterpoke. Here is small example

No excuses now. You can play REAL Kitana and do good. Next time I see ppl complain on twitter about B231 whiffing I will start slapping.

DarksydeDash

I am not going to complain, because my main got buffed but I can see ppl being angry Kitana gets buffed literally every single patch, while other even more inferior characters are still bugged and have even more glaring issues. Before patch Highborn was imo top tier. Fearless was mid tier. Fan-fare was mid low tier.

But about the patch. I love of couse changes for Fearless. Now connecting fan-nando on zoning is equal to getting additional damage before they can break. Less damage scaling = better combos. Additional KB requirement for air BF3 is now really good and realistic too get in real match. Someone mentioned how good her B2 stagger into short hop can be now to bait counterpoke. Here is small example

No excuses now. You can play REAL Kitana and do good. Next time I see ppl complain on twitter about B231 whiffing I will start slapping.
If highborne didn't prove that b142 is her best string I dont know what will. The universal buffer window has made the 13 frame mid a lot more scary too

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
If highborne didn't prove that b142 is her best string I dont know what will. The universal buffer window has made the 13 frame mid a lot more scary too
I can't see the patch in action my self yet. Has the new universal change made B1 more scary against Mashers?

DarksydeDash

Side note: strings or specials that safe but negative, any character can just walk back now and whiff punish.

This is amazing against sub