What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I cannot wait for this patch to drop on PC so I can drop Highborn for an actual Kitana-feeling variation. The real question is do I go Fearless or Fanfare? I love me some zoning so having access to Low Fan looks real neato.

I cannot wait for this patch to drop on PC so I can drop Highborn for an actual Kitana-feeling variation. The real question is do I go Fearless or Fanfare? I love me some zoning so having access to Low Fan looks real neato.
Try both and see what works better for you with all the changes.

Zviko

Noob
I thought about Fearless but I can't give up my ass special man. I need it. :D

Why no use both? They are pretty similar playstyle-wise, for certain match up it's really nice to use Fearless. Cassie or Noob Saibot for example.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I recently switched to Fearless, but I've never been confident what works for it is all that real.

It's really hard for me to put a finger on what might be working when so much of the damage I get may be from ignorance, but losing a high damage 12 punish is easy to miss.

You are a better player than me, so maybe you'd figure it out better than I did, but they are both fun to play so that should work out either way

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Speaking of fearless? Anyone found a useless setup for Edentian Twist KB?

So far it seems B13, and S2 are the best options

Anyone have trouble connecting 12bf3 after double jump? It worked perfectly before patch. Now especially on male characters it sometimes did not connect.
I always used 12bf3 ender because this was safe combo, much easier to input than b14bf3 online, so i couldn't drop it, now it feels really wack, and also punishable on whiff.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Anyone have trouble connecting 12bf3 after double jump? It worked perfectly before patch. Now especially on male characters it sometimes did not connect.
I always used 12bf3 ender because this was safe combo, much easier to input than b14bf3 online, so i couldn't drop it, now it feels really wack, and also punishable on whiff.
Honestly I noticed this too. I just go for j3 only once after lift, and finish it with s4, fan toss, 12 bf3. It's still very good damage and consistent. I used to do b14 but sometimes the fan would miss.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Am I the only one who can't do J2, J2 B14 BF3 after fanlift? I'll get it maybe 3/10 times. My problem is with the second J2, it doesn't come out.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
To me it's pretty much the same as prepatch.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Am I the only one who can't do J2, J2 B14 BF3 after fanlift? I'll get it maybe 3/10 times. My problem is with the second J2, it doesn't come out.
I swear the combo is inconsistent on female characters, but someone correct me if I am wrong please because I rarely use Fan-Fare.

By the way, d+3 low profiles the EX version of Spawn's blast in variations 2 and 3 which is a useful tidbit since everyone and their mothers are using Spawn online now.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Been trying out Fanfare / Fearless after the patch and I would like to say that the amount of times I've autopiloted out fan lift/nado on block has been 0, but it has been a lot more than 0. A LOT more.

Thanks, Highborn.

In order to j2, j2, b14 the second j2 must quick but not instant, like 2-3f delay after the earliest frame possible you can input the jump. It has always been like that. Better just use j2, j3 fan bf3 for the swag lol

Zviko

Noob
In order to j2, j2, b14 the second j2 must quick but not instant, like 2-3f delay after the earliest frame possible you can input the jump. It has always been like that. Better just use j2, j3 fan bf3 for the swag lol
The first jump 2 must be as late as possible too.

As a PC player, I just got the patch on Tuesday with Spawn. I've toyed with Fan-Fare a bit, and I'm impressed by the damage she can now do.

Can someone lay out how else this patch has helped the Variation?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As a PC player, I just got the patch on Tuesday with Spawn. I've toyed with Fan-Fare a bit, and I'm impressed by the damage she can now do.

Can someone lay out how else this patch has helped the Variation?
  • the damage scaling after fan lift has been reduced and opponents can no longer break away the fan lift
  • royal protection receives a stacking damage buff for each successful parry that lasts ten seconds, which also resets after each successful parry
  • EX fan can be delayed by seven more frames in all variations
You can read the official patch notes here.

In my opinion, Fan-Fare is still weak. Fearless is all right. Highborn is clearly the best and always will be.