What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
That’s exactly what it feels like. But I like the play style. I got all the way to Demi god in s2 using just fan fare. But I feel like I cheated myself
I did as well but i almost hit Elder God using Highborne and with a lot more ease.

Just the fact that all of her damage keeps them grounded and super plus on hit so she gets 7% chip damage after anything or go in for a throw for more damage is already more than fanfare offers because they can break away at any point during lift.

Highborne sai toss and tele are infinitely better than royal protection too

VELL1

Noob
That’s exactly what it feels like. But I like the play style. I got all the way to Demi god in s2 using just fan fare. But I feel like I cheated myself
I got to a God level with FanFare, I honestly still prefer that variation by a mile.

A lot of players don't have experience with Kitana, so even good players don't quite have good reads on her.

Overall though, tiers are very inconsistent. Sometimes I would get decimated at God level and sometimes I'd be winning flawlessly without much trouble.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
I got to a God level with FanFare, I honestly still prefer that variation by a mile.

A lot of players don't have experience with Kitana, so even good players don't quite have good reads on her.

Overall though, tiers are very inconsistent. Sometimes I would get decimated at God level and sometimes I'd be winning flawlessly without much trouble.
Yes that’s definitely true, sometimes I would get washed and sometimes i’d win pretty easily. But it’s like if you know how to block against her she isn’t that much of a threat

VELL1

Noob
Yes that’s definitely true, sometimes I would get washed and sometimes i’d win pretty easily. But it’s like if you know how to block against her she isn’t that much of a threat

I think we had the same discussion before, but I don't see her not having a mix is a big deal. Playing at Demi-God level you should be familiar with all strings that people use. If I play against Scorpion, there is no way he can catch me with any of his strings....staggers - sure, but if a full string comes out - you block it. Same goes for all characters, unless it's a 50/50, but then you take your chances.

Honestly Semiij was doing fairly well with FanFare even at the highest level, I don't see any obstacles for any of us to get to at least God level if not Elder God.

Her main string is just so good. The more I play other characters the more I see how strong it is.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@M2Dave Have you been sticking with Highborne or playing someone else? Curious if you have any matches to share.
Considering Shang Tsung received a significant damage reduction and Seeing Double Noob being strong but not fitting my gameplay style, Highborn is my best character at the moment. LOL.

At our local tournament last week, I reached grand finals in the winners bracket mostly using Kitana, but I ended up losing two close sets to King Jr. (New Era Geras). The matches were neither streamed nor recorded, though.

I am just playing a basic game. Hopefully, someone like Semiij is using the character so he can show what she can, or cannot, really do. I know that having a great understanding of the post razors game on block is extremely important against every character.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I really hope that the next patch they change low fan toss to replace her regular fan toss and not conflict with upward fan toss so we can have a third variation focused on fan tosses: Upward, Piercing, and Low would be amazing.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I really hope that the next patch they change low fan toss to replace her regular fan toss and not conflict with upward fan toss so we can have a third variation focused on fan tosses: Upward, Piercing, and Low would be amazing.
Air downward fan is trash. It’s super punishable on block and it’s even punishable on hit in some cases because the advantage is so bad

It’s literally a joke when compared to Kabal’s and Jade’s downward projectiles

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Air downward fan is trash. It’s super punishable on block and it’s even punishable on hit in some cases because the advantage is so bad

It’s literally a joke when compared to Kabal’s and Jade’s downward projectiles
I included it purely to fill the gap of missing three variation moves.

I do think that low fan toss (allowing mixups with her overheads) and the upward (fan toss combos) would make her a hell of a lot more fun to play

xKhaoTik

I included it purely to fill the gap of missing three variation moves.

I do think that low fan toss (allowing mixups with her overheads) and the upward (fan toss combos) would make her a hell of a lot more fun to play
What mixups?
B231d2 is super telegraphed. Low fan wont be a mix at all.
F2(3)4 isn’t special cancellable
I doubt she’ll get ground war again so Edenian twist is out of the question also.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer or anything but low fan really wont be that much of a help.

Does anyone notice that inputs drop with Kitana depending on connection quality?

I can get B231 into Fan Lift no problem offline or on a decent connection. Unstable connection? It won’t come out. It’s not like it’s restrictive timing, it’s pretty lenient.

Sometimes I can’t even get the 343 ender to B231 to come out in a bad connection.

I find Highborne to be Superior to Fan fare now. It's unbreakable damage always and the chip damage is insane while staying positive or safe. There is a lot of Mind games as well. If anybody wants to play I'm hikodavid on PSN

xKhaoTik

I find Highborne to be Superior to Fan fare now. It's unbreakable damage always and the chip damage is insane while staying positive or safe. There is a lot of Mind games as well. If anybody wants to play I'm hikodavid on PSN
I agree but this causes a problem

Kitana is stuck in a weird place now. Fan fare is almost useless thanks to Highborn and let’s say Kitana got universal buffs, yea it would help fanfare but highborn will automatically be better simply because it’s highborn.

Fan fare is going to need a complete rework for it to stand out now. Highborn does everything fan fare does but better. NRS didn’t think this through all the way

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I agree but this causes a problem

Kitana is stuck in a weird place now. Fan fare is almost useless thanks to Highborn and let’s say Kitana got universal buffs, yea it would help fanfare but highborn will automatically be better simply because it’s highborn.

Fan fare is going to need a complete rework for it to stand out now. Highborn does everything fan fare does but better. NRS didn’t think this through all the way
And what's hilarious is that HIghborne still has all the universal issues that never got addressed in the patch for Kitana.