What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Realistically, it's probably low fan toss, downward air fan toss, and either up fan toss or fanado

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
@xKhaoTik , what would be the best customizable variation?
Honestly, just up fan and ground war. Up fan gives her the combos that she’s known for and ground war is a staple move for her. Anything else is just a plus

But a lot of people want a 50/50 kitana (something she isn’t known for at all), so that would be ground war, edenian twist and low fan.

Up fan is soooooooo good tho. The one move alone solves all the problems a lot of us talk about. And it’s only 1 slot.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Honestly, just up fan and ground war. Up fan gives her the combos that she’s known for and ground war is a staple move for her. Anything else is just a plus

But a lot of people want a 50/50 kitana (something she isn’t known for at all), so that would be ground war, edenian twist and low fan.

Up fan is soooooooo good tho. The one move alone solves all the problems a lot of us talk about. And it’s only 1 slot.
But up fan conflicts with razors, right? No access to razors means no pressure and chip damage and no access to half-blood stance means no dive kick for anti-zoning. As you can probably tell, I am a Highborn player. LOL.

I do not understand the nostalgic fascination with some of these special moves, which, aside from up fan, seem average at best to me. Low fan and edenian twist are massively punishable on block. I think EX low fan has a gap too. Unless I am missing something, Kitana is unlikely to win matches with this poor excuse of a mix up.

While Highborn may not be as good as some people claim, the variation is most likely capable of placing top 8 at a major tournament. It is good enough anywhere on the screen and the game plan is laughably simple to execute. I doubt a third variation is going to make any difference for Kitana and most other characters. It will give the community something to lab, I guess.

xKhaoTik

But up fan conflicts with razors, right? No access to razors means no pressure and chip damage and no access to half-blood stance means no dive kick for anti-zoning. As you can probably tell, I am a Highborn player. LOL.

I do not understand the nostalgic fascination with some of these special moves, which, aside from up fan, seem average at best to me. Low fan and edenian twist are massively punishable on block. I think EX low fan has a gap too. Unless I am missing something, Kitana is unlikely to win matches with this poor excuse of a mix up.

While Highborn may not be as good as some people claim, the variation is most likely capable of placing top 8 at a major tournament. It is good enough anywhere on the screen and the game plan is laughably simple to execute. I doubt a third variation is going to make any difference for Kitana and most other characters. It will give the community something to lab, I guess.
Up fan doesn’t conflict with anything. It’s db1 while razors is db2

Idc for the 50/50 others want lol. It’s kinda lame to me but I can see why they want it.

I’m just anxious what they’ll give her.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Can somebody explain EX low fan? Why did they give her some weird overhead instead of a high or mid?

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I feel like a third, fan-centric variation would just invalidate fan-fare no? If her third variation gets low or upward fan would anyone use Fan-fare? Fan-Fare's only highlight is ground war, which should really be a base ability.

Edit: Also is it me or does b232d1 KB do like no damage? I swear people have to be sub 10% for it to kill.

xKhaoTik

I feel like a third, fan-centric variation would just invalidate fan-fare no? If her third variation gets low or upward fan would anyone use Fan-fare? Fan-Fare's only highlight is ground war, which should really be a base ability.

Edit: Also is it me or does b232d1 KB do like no damage? I swear people have to be sub 10% for it to kill.
Well NRS should stop bullshitting and give us our damn fan combos lol. If they won’t allow it with her regular fans, then we have no choice but to hope for up fan since it allows it

It does DoT. Most KBs that do DoT don’t have that initial big damage on impact.

gitblame

Noob
Yeah, if they are going to make her 3rd variation out of unused moves, with current state it would be probably the worst Kitana variatrion.
Upward fan colides with low fan. Her air to ground fan is mid, has shitty range and is so bad on hit it's acutally punishable on hit upclose. Her ranged fan lift does not combo from anything other than B1 and B14. Her Ednian twist would need 2nd slot to make it a ground move as well. Also Edenian twist has the most stupid KB requirement. She needs to be on fatal blow cooldown. Like WTF?

Kitana is in weird spot. Like Fan-fare has no variation problems. Variation is fine, the problem why Fan-fare sucks is Kitana core issues and the fact that Fan-fare does not have anything stupid to compensate her problems like Highborn. Adjusting Kitana issues to help Fan-fare would automatically make Highborn even superior variation.

Kitana's U2 is horrible. In some particular cases it is useful. In corner and against Scorpion it works. If you use Fblock + U2 when you're crouch the hitbox is better.