What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agilaz

It has begun
Kitana feels very clunky to me and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm so used to playing Goro who actually has decent down pokes, but every time I try to low poke with Kitana and I get blocked, the recovery feels long enough for me to get up and make a sandwich.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Lol yeah she is pretty slow.

New member here! Look forward to sharing cool tech and stuff that I can't even understand with you guys;)

Long time lurker, first time poster...So who does everyone try this stuff out on? Finally signed up because I have yet to fight a good Kitana in a mirrored set.

Professor_Rouse

Local player only
I'm having trouble going against Ermac. For what I've seen, it's basically trying to outzone Ermac but it's kinda impossible to do. Any help will work please. Thanks

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
i'm in the new england region of us
Ah that's a shame, I'm from ol' England. Thought we could duke IT out but I guess NRS doesn't like that idea lol

Why would they patch a new low for kitana when she DESPERATELY needs an overhead combo starter ?
I'd guess that they were thinking along the lines of not having her become another of the 50/50 gang. I think an overhead combo starter would be too much to ask, just buff the starting frames on her B2 so people are actually having to think when they block against Kitana rather then turtling or poking her when they see her one and only overhead.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Okay guys found something. Warning its nothing outstanding.
Just a HKD.

Okay so our normal bnb off b14 does 40%
But doesn't end in a HKD but I found that any fan toss is a HKD. So by ending in f4 fan toos we get a dash into a safe cross up. And from there we can dash in cross up j2 f112 fan toss and we build 50% bar and do an extra 6% chip. We lose 1% on the bnb but get an extra 5% and buod meter if they dont wake up. Which is pretty good for what she has. I know its not the best thing ever but at leat I'm trying. What do y'all think

Just a HKD.

But doesn't end in a HKD but I found that any fan toss is a HKD. So by ending in f4 fan toos we get a dash into a safe cross up. And from there we can dash in cross up j2 f112 fan toss and we build 50% bar and do an extra 6% chip. We lose 1% on the bnb but get an extra 5% and buod meter if they dont wake up. Which is pretty good for what she has. I know its not the best thing ever but at leat I'm trying. What do y'all think
39% it is
I like it

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Just a HKD.

I'll take meter and chip over 1% any day.

Assuming that you're talking about MOS Ermac, don't be tossing fans like crazy. His teleport can beat you on reaction and you don't want to trade with his soul ball, unless you want to eat a full combo.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Be patient, and make sure you have your punishes on point. The Ermac should play a bit more conservatively once you show that you can punish his shenanigans for 37%+.

That'll open up your ability to move around more freely.

Vagrant

Noob
She's not a "read frame traps and combos and plug it in" type of character. You have to break her down because of all the different situational use her moves have imo. I've been working on assassin for the past week and still wouldn't say I have her gameplan down.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I posted a guide in the forums.( stay away from the buffs thread lol)

But in assassin she gets a parry which is kind of useless, sharpen which is kind of hard to use, and assassin strike which is only used for armor and a combo ender.

She doesn't have frame traps but if you want to rush down you could use meter.

My flow chart
F112 fan is -8 if you know that cantpunish it. You can:
Yolo d1 fan, back dash or yolo armor

B14 is -3 so you can
Input fan to catch them pressing buttons
Grab
B14 again

F334 is +2 but has a gap in it.

If you end a combo in b2, assassin strike, or ground fan you get a safe jump.

This set up builds 50% bar.

B14lift f43 f43 3 fan toss jk fan f4 fan toss dash cross up j2 f112 fan. (If they don't wake up.

But assassin is very hit and run in my opinion. Oh you can use assassin strike to get away too. After assassin strike you can assassin strike again too switch sides and be at about full screen

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Footsie tools: she has really good backwalk speed, but sometimes it's so fast that it fucks you up lol ... anyways, most characters outrange you and when you try to go in for anything (d4, f1, etc) you eat a d4 from them or d1 (goro) and it beats anything you try. However, you can anticipate this and walk in and out of range then depending on the move they throw out, you can whiff punish with bf3 (Throat Slice aka TS) or go for pressure with f112(~fan), go for b2/b3, whatever.

Frametraps: b14, b12, f33~Lift(~OS f4 if blocked) are all good tools when up close or if a d4 hits and you run up for them. Her only real "frame trap" is if she has meter and you do a blockstring like this then armor through their attempted counter poke. You get blocked, you get dead. If your opponent is slow or you are online, you can end your pushback strings like 212, f112, 111, etc into fan where you are -8 then you can d1~fan again... Sorry, she doesn't have much. 111 has a big hitbox and catches people doing things, so maybe you can find something with that.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Bit new to Kitana but what combo are you guys doing off an AA fan?

I'm getting AA fan run f43 f43 21 xx fan lift j3 xx air fan j3 xx booty.

But sometimes the 2nd f43 can whiff due to spacing so I might do like, run f43 f4 xx fan lift j3 xx fan, j3 xx booty.

Any suggestions?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Bit new to Kitana but what combo are you guys doing off an AA fan?

I'm getting AA fan run f43 f43 21 xx fan lift j3 xx air fan j3 xx booty.

But sometimes the 2nd f43 can whiff due to spacing so I might do like, run f43 f4 xx fan lift j3 xx fan, j3 xx booty.

Any suggestions?
AA AF: f43x2, 3 fan, jk fan, f4 lift, njp, 3 TS. 39%

AA GF: f43x2, 3 lift, njp, iaf, 3 TS. 37 (?)%

Ending with JK ass is nice too

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
Sup guys, I haven't played since the B3 low was patched in and I'd like to know what else has been changed. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of buffs/nerfs I can look at? And has her meta changed at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.