What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I think if float wasn't trip guardable a lot of Kitana's distance issues would be solved. We'd have a semi-safe option out of f22u4, u2, etc.

It's not even an attack, totally shouldn't be able to punish her float when she touches the ground.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Wow, I'm terrible... I went 1-2. My losses were to CO Sonya (barely) and INF Scorpion who went on to win the tournament.

What kills me is that i lost to things that i shouldn't have and if i had more time with the game i would have done better. I won literally every MK9 tournament locally since it came out and i am very disappointed in myself.

This tournament told me something though... float gimmicks will be a thing forever like cutter.
Happens to us all man, I haven't been able to spend half the time I wish I could on the game,

Real life is a lot more busy for me this go around then it was with MK9.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I had a session yesterday with her. IDK why, but she feels good in my hands lol. I'm using simple combos that pushes me past 32%, but what are some of the key combos that she needs in Royal Storm? And how are you guys playing the wake up game after a knockdown (please don't be negative rofl)?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
After a knockdown you can...

1. predict wakeup and try to blow it up. Maybe block and punish, neutral jump over it, ect. The solution depends on the wake up. If their wakeup loses to jumping it's a good idea to jump up, float and then look for wakeup. If they woke up then drop down and bop them on the head with a njp. If they didn't land with a njp or njk and get adv.

2. Walk up to them and throw, b+2 or b+3. b+2 is the least reward but the nice thing is it can catch them trying to jump out. For throw and b+3 you have to guess if they're going to delay wake up or not.

3. Go into b+1,4 mixups.

4. Run away and zone. Seriously, if you have the life lead this can be the best option.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
I need to look up some combos.
My go-to combos for online play are:

F22u4~df1,dash,f33~df1,dash,f3~db3

Jip,f43,f43,21~db1,u2~df1,dash,f33~df1,dash,f3~db3

F112~df1,f43,u2~df1,dash,f33~df1,f33~db3

B14~db1,f33~df1,jik~df1,dash,f33~db3

Full screen 5 fan juggle: (1 bar) air fan (hits them while they are in the air) ground fan, ex ground fan, ground fan.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

My go-to combos for online play are:

F22u4~df1,dash,f33~df1,dash,f3~db3

Jip,f43,f43,21~db1,u2~df1,dash,f33~df1,dash,f3~db3

F112~df1,f43,u2~df1,dash,f33~df1,f33~db3

B14~db1,f33~df1,jik~df1,dash,f33~db3

Full screen 5 fan juggle: (1 bar) air fan (hits them while they are in the air) ground fan, ex ground fan, ground fan.
Royal Storm Lift is a good option. Safe at max range in most cases.
After a knockdown you can...

1. predict wakeup and try to blow it up. Maybe block and punish, neutral jump over it, ect. The solution depends on the wake up. If their wakeup loses to jumping it's a good idea to jump up, float and then look for wakeup. If they woke up then drop down and bop them on the head with a njp. If they didn't land with a njp or njk and get adv.

2. Walk up to them and throw, b+2 or b+3. b+2 is the least reward but the nice thing is it can catch them trying to jump out. For throw and b+3 you have to guess if they're going to delay wake up or not.

3. Go into b+1,4 mixups.

4. Run away and zone. Seriously, if you have the life lead this can be the best option.
What about some offline combos?

JDE

Thanks. Still have to learn her most important ones. I know her BNBS. I'm going to start getting involved with YOMI, soon. Mileena, Kitana, & Scorpion are my focus. I enjoy them all the same. It's so hard for me right now, that I can't decide my avatar NOR my mood lol. I'll also try to use her in some events that I attend. I'm not sure who's my strongest at this point, but I feel comfortable with them in terms of neutral game. I'll do my best.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
@JDE for oki her best option is to literally jump quite high and cross up and do float shenanigans, that and you're neutral with jump punch coming in on the way down or you can do b+3/throw

Reactions: JDE

Doozy

kitana 4 ever Add DARK CHIMP V2 ON xb1
Ive mained kitana since day 1 and i love her play style. ive tried using other characters but its just not the same, she may not be the best but i dont mind losing with her because i feel she always has a chance. ive noticed for me at least shes a rhythm character meaning if you can get in the groove you can really control the match. how many of you guys are riding the kitana coaster till the end?

I loved her, I was waiting for Mileena before the game came out but I tried Kitana and really, really fell in love with her, I never care where a character is on a tier list, I just love using her

Doozy

im the same way what i love is that even if i lose i still slow down the pace of the match which often can cause my oppenent to get unsafe

This is coming from a Jade MK9 player, I know the arguments I know the frustations in using a low tier character but I also know the glorification and happiness one can bring when you win with that low tier character and I say.... keep it up man. It'll pay off just got to find the pace of the match and control it. ALWAYS have meter (Kitana needs meter to do ANYTHING in this game)

Ive mained kitana since day 1 and i love her play style. ive tried using other characters but its just not the same, she may not be the best but i dont mind losing with her because i feel she always has a chance. ive noticed for me at least shes a rhythm character meaning if you can get in the groove you can really control the match. how many of you guys are riding the kitana coaster till the end?
Conpletely agree I always go back to her even tho I've tried out some other characters. Winning is so satisfying since I worked so hard for it

Doozy

yeah she is meter dependant but also meter is usually plentiful from fan throws

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've been playing around with Assassin since launch and it's the only variation I'm interested in.

Can you guys list me some footsie tools, frametraps and setups? I'm playing a lot of characters right now and it'd take me ages to learn all her stuff via experience.

Reactions: Mst
Status
Not open for further replies.