What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
So am i the only asshole in the room or is anyone else officially dropping Kitana at midnight?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kitana has a couple of changes with a hotfix that comes along with Tanya.

f+1 now has increased range. It's about one step forward at the beginning of the match distance. This helps her neutral game since it's a safe advancing mid and it should connect more consistently off a jump in.

b+1 now has a 9 frame start up. So she has a 9 frame mid that leads to 40% meterless. Good for punishing and as a counter poke. However b+1,4 is now -4 instead of advantage on block. b+1,2 is still +1.

Pretty good day for a pretty princess.

Depending on which way you want to go, you can do: f22u4 air fan, f43, 3 fan, run cancel f4 lift, walk forward njP, run cancel 3 throat slice for 34%
Before I was comfy with run canceling I dashed instead and still was consistently able to do this combo

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
if they make her f2 and overhead or b2 either faster or juggle some sort of way like a bounce or being able to start one on hit after the next patch ill float back. Till then im going to have to work on tanya. She

f+1 now has increased range. It's about one step forward at the beginning of the match distance. This helps her neutral game since it's a safe advancing mid and it should connect more consistently off a jump in.

b+1 now has a 9 frame start up. So she has a 9 frame mid that leads to 40% meterless. Good for punishing and as a counter poke. However b+1,4 is now -4 instead of advantage on block. b+1,2 is still +1.

this is good stuff. I still wish they would do something better with her overhead.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending

YAY
ALSO NOW PEOPLE HAVE A REASON TO USE B+1,2
YAY

To be honest, after reading her changes in the patch... the girl that I have mained since MK2, is completely dead to me. Why would you play this character over Tanya?

To be honest, after reading her changes in the patch... the girl that I have mained since MK2, is completely dead to me. Why would you play this character over Tanya?
These are decent changes.... I think the devs are afraid of game breaking changes like kitana having an overhead

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I won a local just like 16 Bit so its not the only tourney won by a Kitana player...and after CEO she is dead to me. Why the fuck would you nerf b1,4? I can't be the only one who sees this whole thing as us getting nerfed. B1 still has a terrible hitbox and you need to be point blank for it to connect anyway. Then what are you gonna do after? b1,4? Lose any type of anything up close? b1,2?

Rising fan damage boost? Please. Oh, and the f1 hitbox is a fix, not a buff.

I never thought I wouls say this, but as of right now, fuck this character. I guess we didn't cry loud enough.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well, you can still go for a throw after b+1,4 if you condition them to block because of b+1,4,3 or b+1,4~special.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I guess we didn't cry loud enough.
"Let's all form a private conversation to keep out the trolls" they said, then proceeded to accomplish nothing.
I've been parroting the same shit over and over. That we need to make a proper breakdown of the character showcasing all she has lacking in comparison to the rest of the cast.

i9 b1 is a nice fix, promptly ruined by the low option being unsafe now.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Well, you can still go for a throw after b+1,4 if you condition them to block because of b+1,4,3 or b+1,4~special.
I'm gonna try but you know, having guys like PPJ, Dizzy and the lot...
...these things fade quickly. My offense starts to feel underwhelming against Noobe, Deg, Gross, Big D and the guys.
No one cares about eating the 3 in b1,4,3 or b1,4~fan. and our normals are ass, even counterpoking sucks and....

...nevermind. I'm crying too much. Time to adjust again.

Whatever it takes.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I think b14 might be fine.
Think about it pre patch b14 was 16f and +1 so looping it would make it a 15 move. Being looped

If the block stun is still the rsame shed be looping a 13f move.

BUT!!! RIP b14 grab. That was the bae. I'm mad but I'm happy at the same time.

Kp is right b12 pushes back too far and b1 range is shit

They should've made it -1 at least

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The new f+1 is nice. It might be a better buff than you guys think. I am not saying it's a world changer but in match ups where f+2,2,u+4 gets blown up bad it's a safe, long range mid to throw out in footsies. It doesn't have the reach of f+2 but it's a lot better than it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.