What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Agreed. Unless you wanna play the 50/50 B2/B4 hard knockdown game against someone who either has no meter, or is (for some reason) respecting Kitana waaay to much up close, there is no real use for this move as it is.

If I remember right though Sub actually has a move that does that without the meter or is that just his regular grab?

The problem is, that without a serious mix up its hard to open up any good player without a mixup.

What really drive me crazy about this situation is that it legitimately LOOKS like the first hit of her F22 string should b an overhead, but isn't. My friend and I were talking about this yesterday. The move animation is literally an overhead lol.

Also, if ur opponent has a life lead and common sense all they have to do is turtle and duck, and the whole throw fans like crazy strategy is mute and that SUPER SLOW/UNSAFE overhead of hers isn't gonna win any matches anytime soon. And even if by some chance u manage to hit someone with B2 and get the hard knockdown...Then wat? Sweep, overhead, or grab mixup? Cuz u dont have much else up close.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Let's stop insulting each other and derailing the thread. If you have nothing to say about B2 and why it's good or bad, there are several other threads to post in.
The problem is, that without a serious mix up its hard to open up any good player without a mixup.

What really drive me crazy about this situation is that it legitimately LOOKS like the first hit of her F22 string should b an overhead, but isn't. My friend and I were talking about this yesterday. The move animation is literally an overhead lol.

Also, if ur opponent has a life lead and common sense all they have to do is turtle and duck, and the whole throw fans like crazy strategy is mute and that SUPER SLOW/UNSAFE overhead of hers isn't gonna win any matches anytime soon. And even if by some chance u manage to hit someone with B2 and get the hard knockdown...Then wat? Sweep, overhead, or grab mixup? Cuz u dont have much else up close.
qft

Question? Has anyone landed B2 multiple times again and kinda just gave up playing cuz you know it wouldnt work like that against someone good?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can people please realize that not every single string and/or normal has a purpose in fighting games? I'm pretty sure there has NEVER been a character in any game ever that utilizes it's entire tool set meaningfully. Find what is useful and let the rest chill on the move list.
Ehhh, pretty much all of Cassie's strings have some use, but I'd consider her the exception, not the rule.

Rean

Noob
can we start kitana parry compilation thread?
aka today i learned it catches both takeda teleports (air and ground), it catches mileena teleport but for some random reason airborne ermac teleport rekts me

Is there any difference which leg attack you use in the air?
Same quastion for punches.
Poses looks different but I did not notice any change.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
aka today i learned it catches both takeda teleports (air and ground), it catches mileena teleport but for some random reason airborne ermac teleport rekts me
I'll get started on this

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

Why would you parry them when you can just block and punish for MUCH more damage?
what damage are you guys getting off ij2
43% midscreen meterless, 51% one bar corner

The Magician

According to my sources...
F43x2, f33 GF, JK AF, f4 lift, NJP, run 3 TS
Thats 42% unless your counting the jump in. Then I would just use f43 f43 f33 fan dash f4 lift JiK AF dash 3 assassin strike(41%) or TS (40%). The run 3 in your variation is seems inconsistent to me, and probably for some other people as well.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So i just went through Kitana's strings in assassin.

Up Ball starts up in 5 frames.

I could not punish:

B1,2
B1,2,2
B1,4
B1,4,3
F1,1,2
F3,3,2
F3,3,4

That's a lot of unpunished strings.

So how is she so unsafe?

So i just went through Kitana's strings in assassin.

Up Ball starts up in 5 frames.

I could not punish:

B1,2
B1,2,2
B1,4
B1,4,3
F1,1,2
F3,3,2
F3,3,4

That's a lot of unpunished strings.

So how is she so unsafe?
You're only partially looking at it