What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana after the Patch

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Youphemism Go up against your first really good Sonya and dvorah offline then say so ok? I ought to know, I have some of the best of each of those characters here in Houston. Cheers bud :coffee:

In any event I just want assassin to be better and an oh is the only way that happens given her options (that or sharpen being faster.) RS and mournful should be rejoicing (even if I do think mournfuls normals are lazy). Those two variations are the go tos for her now.
Yeah and they're out there winning aren't they? Because they're the best.....in Houston? Ok lol. Sorry you need an overhead to be able to win with your character but it doesn't seem to be necessary for the rest of them, maybe it's your problem.

And as Zoidberg says, Scorpion's comboable overhead is reactable yet he's a good character. DJT continually does well with Fisticuffs Johnny and Tempest Kung Lao, two characters without 50/50s that also will rely on throws to open people up sometimes. Guess it's just you...

Skedar70

Noob
I think Kitana is ok. Maybe they could make her B2 overhead, sharpen and reflect a little faster on startup to make those moves useful. Other than that I think she is fine. An overhead that lets you combo would probably make her OP and whoever is requesting this probably wants to have Kitana in the top 3 spots and that is just being greedy.

Yeah and they're out there winning aren't they? Because they're the best.....in Houston? Ok lol. Sorry you need an overhead to be able to win with your character but it doesn't seem to be necessary for the rest of them, maybe it's your problem.

And as Zoidberg says, Scorpion's comboable overhead is reactable yet he's a good character. DJT continually does well with Fisticuffs Johnny and Tempest Kung Lao, two characters without 50/50s that also will rely on throws to open people up sometimes. Guess it's just you...
Yea because there's a kit out there that's proven me otherwise on the flip side. I'm done responding to your moot points bud. it's clear you haven't competed anywhere at all in this game. :coffee:

Youphemism

Yea because there's a kit out there that's proven me otherwise on the flip side. I'm done responding to your moot points bud. it's clear you haven't competed anywhere at all in this game. :coffee:
It's clear I haven't competed because you want an overhead? I don't see you going out and competing so don't bother with the hypocrisy calling me out on moot points. Kitana Prime continually makes top 16 so where's your point now? As I say none of the rest of them seem to think it's a problem, it's just you.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Love the d1 buff a lot. As an assassin main I'd love to see assassin strike get a slight buff with the enhanced version having the one hit of armor through out the move and not just at start up.

I just can't use jade, Hate the bitch !!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Kitanna Prime top 8 without an OH???

Oh my how is this possible? It can't be fundamentals cause you need a 50/50 to win........

Jokes aside I hope Prome takes it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Oh my fucking god. I'm so sick of people, with their damn sarcastic and holier than thou attitudes, acting like it's even possible to do well in this game without an overhead.

Get the fuck over yourselves. Like it or not, in MKX, a mixup game is required to be top tier. Can people still do well without? Sure. Are they winning? No. It's as simple as that. People keep bringing up top 8's. Are they winning? No, shut up. And quit acting like a mixup is something completely irrelevant to ask for in this 50/50 rushdown, non-zoning, corner reliance mess of a game.

Ugh.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Oh my fucking god. I'm so sick of people, with their damn sarcastic and holier than thou attitudes, acting like it's even possible to do well in this game without an overhead.

Get the fuck over yourselves. Like it or not, in MKX, a mixup game is required to be top tier. Can people still do well without? Sure. Are they winning? No. It's as simple as that. People keep bringing up top 8's. Are they winning? No, shut up. And quit acting like a mixup is something completely irrelevant to ask for in this 50/50 rushdown, non-zoning, corner reliance mess of a game.

Ugh.
Who cares about tier? And who said Kitana is top tier lol. Unless you are a tier bitch who always want to pick cheap prick to win without much efford, most people want to stick with their favourite characterS, the ones they know best and do best

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Who cares about tier? And who said Kitana is top tier lol. Unless you are a tier bitch who always want to pick cheap prick to win without much efford, most people want to stick with their favourite characterS, the ones they know best and do best
Umm... no one? Please don't quote me if you're going to make nonsensical claims that aren't even founded on anything I've said. My response was towards Firebreather and this community I'm general. Please lower your flame shield.

Youphemism

Ugh.
Huh that's funny because I'm pretty sure DJT plays Tempest Lao and Fisticuffs Johnny who actually don't have 50/50s...

Carlos Toxic_Nut Rodney

Shuffle_Jigzaw
honestly i havent seen anything for the patch so i couldnt say... they needed to give her some form of a wake up option though and if they eft that alone......im SadKuma....

haketh

Noob

Ugh.
DJT

As much as I love all of the changes made to Kitana, it does slightly, slightly bother me that they didn't fix her Sharpened f112.

Basically, the final hit of f112 does less damage when Sharpen is active than when it isn't. This means, among other things, that landing f112 on a blocked opponents deals more chip damage overall when Sharpen isn't active (0.75% + 0.75% + 1.75%, compared to 1% x 3).

Given that f112 is one of her better strings, and that Sharpen is extremely situational, that gets on my nerves a little. *shrug*

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Kitana seems to have a LOT of tools now. I like the idea posted earlier of an oh when sharpen was active. Make sharpen a tad faster and viola!

But really though, she has a ton of tools now, I just don't know if she needs *all* the tools forever.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Pretty sure I saw KH Royale switch from Cyber Kano to Sonya Blade because his favorite character was out classed js

Kyle BB

"There is always hope"
I hope they make the rest of the cast viable so we have a game with plenty of viable people. Lets not fight again please...if Kitana's needs buffs (just sharpen the Assassin variation :) ) then NRS will give her buffs, I think we can trust them to do well now. I can't wait for the (working non high-voltage made) ports.
Also can the parry still be blocked? I would guess it can since the actual attack was not sped up or anything, which is a pity. I think it should animation lock the enemy like in MK9, But I'm very excited to see it in use now :)