What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana after the Patch

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
People don't understand the importance of the ability to do an air fan out of rising blades. There are only a select few characters who have armored launchers and she now has one. Imagine reading that Sonya will go for b14... 32% thank you, now try getting in again. This is SO good and way better than f2 being an overhead.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah...you fools got Mournful Kitana overbuffed. The glaives are fast, safe, mid, overhead in the air...do tons of chip, build tons of meter. Frame traps, massive chip safe(ish) specials, tick throws. Bitch is dirty.

Even @RunwayMafia wont down play this variation. I hope you all have a teleporter in your pocket.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yeah...you fools got Mournful Kitana overbuffed. The glaives are fast, safe, mid, overhead in the air...do tons of chip, build tons of meter. Frame traps, massive chip safe(ish) specials, tick throws. Bitch is dirty.

Even @RunwayMafia wont down play this variation. I hope you all have a teleporter in your pocket.
Who's downplaying again?

And call it whatever you want. She got what she deserved.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.

In other words, she plays MKX now.

@Youphemism Go up against your first really good Sonya and dvorah offline then say so ok? I ought to know, I have some of the best of each of those characters here in Houston. Cheers bud :coffee:

In any event I just want assassin to be better and an oh is the only way that happens given her options (that or sharpen being faster.) RS and mournful should be rejoicing (even if I do think mournfuls normals are lazy). Those two variations are the go tos for her now.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
People need to just stop and realize that MKX is a VERY mixup heavy game. Like it or not, with the way MKX is designed, not having an overhead/low option is detrimental to that character. It's just how this game works.

People need to just stop and realize that MKX is a VERY mixup heavy game. Like it or not, with the way MKX is designed, not having an overhead/low option is detrimental to that character. It's just how this game works.
Finally someone gets it! When you get to the games core, you are rewarded do how well you can beat your opponent up close rather than from a distance. The best characters in the game hold true to that axiom more or less.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I'd just make her already an overhead B2 15 frame start up, giving her a 50/50 pretty much, just not a full combos worth is all. lol

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I just noticed something in the Mournful variation if you throw an enhanced glaive and you can follow up with a jump in punch that will not combo then you can go for a 50-50 with float NJP+combo or back three+combo which you can make safe by doing a glaive toss after B3 if it is blocked or any of jade's specials (all pretty safe except for the staff grab which is really hard to punish). Dunno about making the NJP safe tho.

Hell since EX glaive toss is a frame trap you don't need to combo to start the 50-50.

I use B14 before the EX glaive, though I think it is interruptable, so 21 is better maybe, and delay you crossover jump punch a bit so that the NJP after float will connect.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

I just noticed something in the Mournful variation if you throw an enhanced glaive and you can follow up with a jump in punch that will not gumbo then you can go for a 50-50 with float NJP+combo or back three+combo
That's not a 50/50

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Well it's a mixup then :p

Edit: I don't really get why it isn't a 50/50? I mean the overhead is slow but the opponent sill has to guess overhead/low?

Also I edited the post 3 times. This one too lol

xKhaoTik

Well it's a mixup then :p

Edit: I don't really get why it isn't a 50/50? I mean the overhead is slow but the opponent sill has to guess overhead/low?

Also I edited the post 3 times. This one too lol
It's not guessing when the OH is seen a mile away.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
She has a low option though.

JC Fisitcuffs didn't have a low option and he did well in tourney's. Scorpions OH is hella reactable as is KLs an they both do well in tourney's. Oh/Low mixups are used way less now than 20-30% blockstrings and pressure strings like 21122 command grab with Erron and b321 orbiting hats with KL. We are way past the run up and 50/50 meta at high level play, its just some people are too stubborn to admit it.

Im sorry if Assassin still isnt very good but Mournful is in the top 10 conversation with all the new tools she has. Royal Storm is also very viable. There are very few characters with all 3 variations being viable, I think having two should suffice lol.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
You guys wait for me to dig deep into Assasin's parry cancel tech. I believe that with this new parry Assasin can be a pressure/block string monster. Or at least I'll have to annoy everyone with a FANtastic parry that wins almost all armored wake ups in the game

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
You guys wait for me to dig deep into Assasin's parry cancel tech. I believe that with this new parry Assasin can be a pressure/block string monster. Or at least I'll have to annoy everyone with a FANtastic parry that wins almost all armored wake ups in the game
Yeah, I agree with this. Her parry buff is huge. I am more interested in Assassin than Royal Storm because of the parry.