What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana after the Patch

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Is she now viable to you guys? I don't think so, but she's certainly not beta anymore to me. Of course, she's a lot safer, but they almost completely left her wakeup game and zoning game off fleek. What do you think?

If you don't play Kitana keep yo insufficient ass opinion outta here.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What's wrong with her wake up? If they block to bait unsafe moves u wake up throw, otherwise u wake up rising blade for a full combo
And her zoning game is fine.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Armored launcher is huge in my opinion. It's one of the only things I actually wanted it, I wanted it on her fan lift, but it actually makes more sense to have it on the Dragon Punch move.

Parry buff in Assassin could be huge as well, I need to lab. Tomorrow is lab day.

But shes not just "Safer" on all her good strings, they actually give hit advantage as well like they should have, instead of hitting someone and being at -25, made no sense.

Having the fan back in D1, well, thats priceless to me :)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I think she's most certainly viable after the patch. She still doesn't have the 50/50 dirt of other characters, but what she does have is safe footsie tools, still great meterless damage, a wakeup to actually fear now, a parry you can use, way stronger zoning in Mournful, etc.

Are these changes enough? We will see, but at the very least she's certainly in a much better place than she was pre-patch.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Rising Blades can now be special move 2in1’d out of on hit

What does that mean? Is that fancy talk for cancelled?

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
She's much better, 21 being + on block feels huge to me, and despite not being a 50/50 it can make most characters second guess hitting a button that doesn't have armor after it. lol

Not to mention a actual reversal option. By the way has anyone come up with any good combos from it? So far I've only done I think...EX Rise>Air Fan, F33> Lift, F4>Fan, F4 Throat Slice or something along those lines.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
She has an armored move that leads into a full huge combo now. Most people don't have this.

Her normals are great now. She could actually pressure with her 2,1 string. Her far advancing f22 is now an actual viable footsie tool.

Her D1 is great to stop people running in and footsies in general. Its 8fr still but goes super far.

Because her strings are safer she could actually hit confirm into huge damage while still maintaining pressure. So she actually has an offense. (HUGE deal)

I wouldn't say she's god tier, but she's definitely capable of winning a tournament by herself. I think she's super fun to play now too.

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
I love everything....

Out of pure greed I would like an EX option on parry like Sonya has that leads to damage. Hers leads into 40%+ so why not?