What's new

Match-up Discussion Kinetic Balding's Cyborg matchup chart

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If anyone is interested in how this actually went aside from just looking at hundreds of Doge faces, Wound won 5-0. The matches were pretty close, though. It would seem Aquaman/Cyborg may not be even but it might not be as bad as originally thought. Hard to tell much from only 5 matches.

Zod/Cyborg looked a lot worse for Cyborg than Aquaman.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Look at it this way. It was obvious from the 1st 2 games that wound was unaware of a lot of cyborg block strings, which tells me he doesn't know the mu too well. So wound who doesn't know the mu in depth beat the cyborg player who allegedly does know it 5-0. That says it all. And the last to games were not close when he was more comfortable.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Look at it this way. It was obvious from the 1st 2 games that wound was unaware of a lot of cyborg block strings, which tells me he doesn't know the mu too well. So wound who doesn't know the mu in depth beat the cyborg player who allegedly does know it 5-0. That says it all. And the last to games were not close when he was more comfortable.
Seriously, Cyborg would get bodied even harder if people knew the MU/the holes in his strings/pressure lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Seriously, Cyborg would get bodied even harder if people knew the MU/the holes in his strings/pressure lol
Probably right but can you also see how the cyborg player could have done better?

I was watching that match thinking about all the things I wish he would do.

Instant airs were not good. We should ave seen IA, block, IA, block to work your way into a range where he can't interrupt with FTD. Then try and get lucky with mb b3 or some shit.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Probably right but can you also see how the cyborg player could have done better?

I was watching that match thinking about all the things I wish he would do.

Instant airs were not good. We should ave seen IA, block, IA, block to work your way into a range where he can't interrupt with FTD. Then try and get lucky with mb b3 or some shit.
O yeah, there was definitely more than a few things he could have done better. But overall I would say Balding knew the AM MU better than Wound knew the Cyborg MU. I think it is also more about trading groundfireball chip and then getting extra chip with well timed MB FB. My personal opinion is that if AM gets the life lead, he wins 100% of them unless he realllly screws it up lol

I want to fight all these AM too! lol I think I actually fight the MU quite well. However, I would never say it was a 5-5. Somewhere between a 6-4 and 7-3 in all honesty

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
O yeah, there was definitely more than a few things he could have done better. But overall I would say Balding knew the AM MU better than Wound knew the Cyborg MU. I think it is also more about trading groundfireball chip and then getting extra chip with well timed MB FB. My personal opinion is that if AM gets the life lead, he wins 100% of them unless he realllly screws it up lol

I want to fight all these AM too! lol I think I actually fight the MU quite well. However, I would never say it was a 5-5. Somewhere between a 6-4 and 7-3 in all honesty
lets make it happen!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I just wanted to say that despite what the actual MU numbers are, Kinetic Balding and NorCal-Cyborg played great the other day, and deserve mad respect. Also, I now have new high-level Cyborg footage to watch (which is actually quite rare) and study to help me improve. Long live the borg!
this is true. also these guys should have a channel for the borg if anything matches or ranked matches as well. hell tech even. I missed nor cals matches but i saw balding. so good with cyborg. props to murk as well for winning. that was no easy task based on the mu on paper but he pulled it out much respect.

Is their any archive of the matches (or are the matches on youtube)? I'm currently using Cyborg and am trying to get better with the character.

I'm the one who played you in the Cyborg mirror today! :D
Great games @Ram, never faced a Cyborg on a level like that before so it's good to know how it feels like when getting zoned/pressured by the character. Had to leave because I needed to do some Calculus 3 homework :(

I will say I learned a lot. I totally forgot that cyborg can combo from b3, and his other corner setups. Definitely need to keep learning those a bit more. Plus I need to use his other strings as well in game.

Nonetheless, great games! :D

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Ya man, was great! And calculus ALWAYS takes priority (my favorite subject of all time), so make sure to do that homework! lol
P.S. If you need help, just ask :p

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
How the hell does Cyborg beat Bane? I've had Bane winning that mu and no Cyborg has given me reason to change it.