What's new

Killer Frost standing reset (Pre-1.05 Patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I can't be the only one having trouble getting the MB command grab to come out in combo (I hope :( ).

In the combo: f113~slide u3 u3 22 grab....are you guys buffering the grab during the 22 animation or inputting it directly after? Are there visual cues you're using? I get it to come out about 40% of the time, and I don't understand what I'm doing/not doing when it doesn't come out.

GGA 16 Bit RiBBz22

KILLA_xGHOST

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I can't be the only one having trouble getting the MB command grab to come out in combo (I hope :( ).

In the combo: f113~slide u3 u3 22 grab....are you guys buffering the grab during the 22 animation or inputting it directly after? Are there visual cues you're using? I get it to come out about 40% of the time, and I don't understand what I'm doing/not doing when it doesn't come out.

GGA 16 Bit RiBBz22

KILLA_xGHOST
Here is a picture of my face and it is all you need to know:

No but on a serious note, I actually just input DBF2 quickly after the 22 during the combo. It is really just a rhythm thing honestly. Just keep working at it. The weird part is that I get KF's to come out 99% of the time now and can barely ever get Harley's to come out which is the same input pretty much...weirdddd

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Here is a picture of my face and it is all you need to know:

No but on a serious note, I actually just input DBF2 quickly after the 22 during the combo. It is really just a rhythm thing honestly. Just keep working at it. The weird part is that I get KF's to come out 99% of the time now and can barely ever get Harley's to come out which is the same input pretty much...weirdddd
Thanks based Ribbz. Strange that you mention Harley, I can get Cyborg's dbf3 to come out 99% of the time. Meh, back to the lab.

KILLA_xGHOST

Beck__

Old English Fighter

GGA 16 Bit RiBBz22
KILLA_xGHOST
I was also having the same issue, just didn't come out consistently, however try the following..

Do the combo, hit 22, cancel into DB2, hold the 2 then hit forward.

Or, hit 22, cancel into DB2, hit F2.

See which one works best for you. Fyi, neg edge is off for me when I do this.

If I do the exact same motion of 22 xx DBF2 10 times in a row, it comes out probably around 3 times. If I use the above method it comes out 9 or 10 times.

I believe this method somehow gives more leniency to the input. It's like it cancels the 22 into spike during the small cancel window then gives you a little extra time to cancel into grab at the last few frames.

Of course the above input methods need to be buffered into the 22 animation.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I was also having the same issue, just didn't come out consistently, however try the following..
Thanks for the tips. Both methods you mentioned feel really awkward for me in a combo though. I'm really trying not to take shortcuts with my inputs in this game. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something essential in the way I was inputting the commands. I'm starting to get more consistent doing it the normal way. Thanks again bro.

KILLA_xGHOST

Beck__

Old English Fighter
Thanks for the tips. Both methods you mentioned feel really awkward for me in a combo though. I'm really trying not to take shortcuts with my inputs in this game. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something essential in the way I was inputting the commands. I'm starting to get more consistent doing it the normal way. Thanks again bro.

KILLA_xGHOST
Yeah actually I'm alot better at doing the precise inputs now, I think my thumb was rolling the pad before. But it definitely comes out a lot more now when I just input the DBF2. I guess practice does make perfect!

I had a ton of trouble with Harley's command grab but I practiced and eventually got it down (it took weeks). In fact I still drop it every once in a while. Picking up KF now and my command grab practice is paying off. Haven't had any trouble with hers.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I had a ton of trouble with Harley's command grab but I practiced and eventually got it down (it took weeks). In fact I still drop it every once in a while. Picking up KF now and my command grab practice is paying off. Haven't had any trouble with hers.
For some reason Harley's 12 xx DBF1 feels more natural than Frost's 22 xx DBF2. No clue why, and I don't even play Harley (or Frost anymore).

Would someone show the damage comparison of the full combo vs the reset? I for some reason can't grasp how much better a reset is than a full combo.

Thanks!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Would someone show the damage comparison of the full combo vs the reset? I for some reason can't grasp how much better a reset is than a full combo.

Thanks!
The reset is like 5% less but grants a guaranteed 50/50 setup for another combo that they literally have to guess high/low to block it and not get hit again.

Reset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Full combo unless you need the damage to close out the round/match.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
why do people say she suck?

Noone does, its just she is kinda a glass cannon character because she suffers so much against someone with a good air game. In the tournies Ive been to, Hawkgirl is a very very challenging matchup/counterpick to deal with. Stuff like that prevents her from being the best, but she is still very high up there with her insane 50/50 game, safe approach, and trait cancels/insane trait damage.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I still use the daggers as a combo ender sometimes. Especially in the corner. Usually when the round is almost over and I want to do max damage and then close out with a mixup between d+1 check or grab or a crossup or something.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I find it neat that you can pick what sides to put your character in the vortex.

B1U3, U3, 22 ex freeze, NJ2F1124 = reverse
B1slide, U3, 22 ex freeze, NJ2F1124 = same

F3 U3, 22 ex freeze, NJ2F1124 = reverse
F3 slide, U3, 22 ex freeze, NJ2F1124 = same

Status
Not open for further replies.