What's new

Killer Frost standing reset (Pre-1.05 Patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Btw im hearing rumors that this character has the tools to be the undisputed #1 in this game. In my head i though of a funny moment.

In MK9, Kabal is absolutely irrelevant in the scheme of the story (Kenshi as well cause hes DLC) and he is #1.

Killer Frost is pretty irrelevant (most say she is a complete random add and doesnt belong in the game) and she looks to be a #1 looking character from what i hear.

So basically if you dont do shit in the story, prepare to kick ass in the Competitive Community.

Death

Noob
She's ridiculous. One of the few that has safe launchers. She has tools for everything and she does pretty big damage. Her b3 is the best too. It's so quick

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Claiming someone is #1 this early is a bit outrageous as whoever is claiming it probably hasn't even seen all the characters played in a real match.

Regardless, it is obvious KF is/will be top. Standing reset that leaves at advantage (likely more than the +9 the frame data says as it does multiple hits on daggers), possibly the best low/overhead 50/50 in the game, best wakeup attack in the game, and thats just the stuff that is on the surface.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Claiming someone is #1 this early is a bit outrageous as whoever is claiming it probably hasn't even seen all the characters played in a real match.

Regardless, it is obvious KF is/will be top. Standing reset that leaves at advantage (likely more than the +9 the frame data says as it does multiple hits on daggers), possibly the best low/overhead 50/50 in the game, best wakeup attack in the game, and thats just the stuff that is on the surface.
Yea i was just musing on the possibility of her being #1 and the hilarity of it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
GGA 16 Bit or anyone else, do you have a better 1-bar bnb than this one (no interactions)?

I do:

f113 bd3 u3 22 dbf2 MB nji2 f113 bf1 = (45%/47%) (with jump in / without jump in)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA 16 Bit or anyone else, do you have a better 1-bar bnb than this one (no interactions)?

I do:

f113 bd3 u3 22 dbf2 MB nji2 f113 bf1 = (45%/47%) (with jump in / without jump in)

Yeah, in the general KF forum I have a couple that do slightly more.

It's possible to get two u+3 in that combo but it's hard.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
lol kabal did something in mk9's story mode. KF is cool people are just salty their favorite guy didn't make it. But let's clam down with her being number one.....besides I saw Dizzy's Aquaman and Slips' Flash...the ice maiden is going to have some comp.

RiBBz22

lol kabal did something in mk9's story mode. KF is cool people are just salty their favorite guy didn't make it. But let's clam down with her being number one.....besides I saw Dizzy's Aquaman and Slips' Flash...the ice maiden is going to have some comp.
I really enjoy playing Aquaman too. The range on his normals are so ridiculous. Can you imagine if KF's iceberg acted the same way as Aqua's trident in terms of anti-air!

Seapeople

This one's for you
It might just be me but it seems like the timing to land f3 after f113~daggers is really tough because of the pushback. Doing 22~daggers is making it a lot easier to me for some reason and it only loses about 2% damage.

Edit: Also if you do nj1 f113~daggers instead of nj2 f113~daggers, the f1 won't whiff so you get more damage.

End a combo with MB Command grab. Then do neutral jump 2, f+1,1,3~daggers. This leaves the opponent standing and gives Killer Frost hella frames. From here f+3/slide is a terrible guessing game for them.

If timed correctly the opponent cannot do much about the slide but block. Fast normals and specials cannot beat it. They cannot jump out in any direction or backdash. They can backdash or jump away from f+3. Both options can be beat by armor, including b+3/f+3 MB. Parries can beat the overhead(and Joker's can beat the slide).

A basic bnb to get this started would be launch(slide or f+3) into u+3, 2,2~mb command grab.
Good shit man.

WayoftheFist

RiBBz22

It might just be me but it seems like the timing to land f3 after f113~daggers is really tough because of the pushback. Doing 22~daggers is making it a lot easier to me for some reason and it only loses about 2% damage.

Edit: Also if you do nj1 f113~daggers instead of nj2 f113~daggers, the f1 won't whiff so you get more damage.
The f1 won't whiff after the ji2 as long as you time it correctly. I think you can't land it too high.

Seapeople

This one's for you
The f1 won't whiff after the ji2 as long as you time it correctly. I think you can't land it too high.
I think it has to do with the size of the character too. I'm doing j2 111~daggers now though and it does the same damage with much easier timing.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I was incredibly excited to try out the reset on my brother after practicing it a bit.

Turns out he plays Aquaman, and he just slips out of it every time. Why does this always happen?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I was incredibly excited to try out the reset on my brother after practicing it a bit.

Turns out he plays Aquaman, and he just slips out of it every time. Why does this always happen?
HIS FUCKING TRAIT -___________- God I HATE it

I don't even bother doing the reset on him. This is the only time I use scar's vortex

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I take back something I said in the OP. Timed perfectly they cannot b+3 MB armor the slide. Only f+3.

RiBBz22

HIS FUCKING TRAIT -___________- God I HATE it

I don't even bother doing the reset on him. This is the only time I use scar's vortex
Yeah, I was literally just looking for a place to post that Aquaman with that trait is a bit of a problem lol.

That NJ2~F+1 is tough for me to link. Is it character specific? If anyone has any tips on how to get it consistently, I'm all ears. I was trying it on Catwoman and it was hard!

Can I just omit the NJ2 and go straight to the F+1 for less damage (or some alternate combo) and same mix up? New to nether regions studios games. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.