What's new

Tech KILLER FROST - Meterless Vortex Setup

Viable?

• Total voters

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I must say....the second I was done with my matches at EVO, I ran over to follow/watch/stalk Balrog. I absolutely love his Frost. I actually thought back to this thread because Balrog does in fact use the tech all the time...and imo, it is not just gimmicks. Clearly he has success using this tech. I was front row when he barely won that match that launched him into top 8...My God...I literally jumped out of my seat...literally.

This tech is good...you just have to mix it up by not doing anything on some occasions and try baiting out a wake up to punish or just throw...

tax

Noob
been playing around with this, and i'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong but the fake cross-under into neutral j3 doesn't really lead into an ambiguous setup for me... i can always just block the j3 both ways by holding back. has anyone had any success with this particular option?

been playing around with this, and i'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong but the fake cross-under into neutral j3 doesn't really lead into an ambiguous setup for me... i can always just block the j3 both ways by holding back. has anyone had any success with this particular option?
Ed

Hmm I never knew about that, I'll look into it later.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I must say....the second I was done with my matches at EVO, I ran over to follow/watch/stalk Balrog. I absolutely love his Frost. I actually thought back to this thread because Balrog does in fact use the tech all the time...and imo, it is not just gimmicks. Clearly he has success using this tech. I was front row when he barely won that match that launched him into top 8...My God...I literally jumped out of my seat...literally.

This tech is good...you just have to mix it up by not doing anything on some occasions and try baiting out a wake up to punish or just throw...
You'll just have to keep re-watching EVO since he dropped her for Batgirl :p. I wasn't super impressed with his Frost to be honest (especially the way he played against DJT's Green Lantern), but I was super impressed with his ability to play in tournaments. With the damage nerfs in the previous balance patch, people need to be using this as an option to conserve meter. Judging by how well it works for me the risk/reward has to be heavily in her favor.

RunwayMafia

You'll just have to keep re-watching EVO since he dropped her for Batgirl :p. I wasn't super impressed with his Frost to be honest (especially the way he played against DJT's Green Lantern), but I was super impressed with his ability to play in tournaments. With the damage nerfs in the previous balance patch, people need to be using this as an option to conserve meter. Judging by how well it works for me the risk/reward has to be heavily in her favor.
Yes...ugh...I can't believe he chose that hunchback over KF. I just loved his movement and his style with Frost.

haketh

Noob
Yes...ugh...I can't believe he chose that hunchback over KF. I just loved his movement and his style with Frost.
Ran into hima t Starbase, told me even if Frost didn't get nerfed in 1.5 he was still gonna play Batgirl after Evo, sas he likes both the chaacter and how she plays more.

RunwayMafia

Ran into hima t Starbase, told me even if Frost didn't get nerfed in 1.5 he was still gonna play Batgirl after Evo, sas he likes both the chaacter and how she plays more.
Well Im appalled. Kf has has more class and flash than that hag in a wheel chair...I think people are dropping KF because she isn't as top tier as they were originally told. :(

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Well Im appalled. Kf has has more class and flash than that hag in a wheel chair...I think people are dropping KF because she isn't as top tier as they were originally told. :(
you know what that is so true,she's the first female character I've ever mained in a game and I'm loving it.shes genuinely the first character ever in a fighting game I've wanted to put effort and time into learning properly.on a side note anyone that uses her alternate costume should be shot on site.

RunwayMafia

you know what that is so true,she's the first female character I've ever mained in a game and I'm loving it.shes genuinely the first character ever in a fighting game I've wanted to put effort and time into learning properly.on a side note anyone that uses her alternate costume should be shot on site.
She needs more outfits...

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Your....avatar....is Nightwolf..............
ah yes but u see that's because I don't see nightwolf as u young kids see him.i imagine u see him as a this cheesy Native American low tier garbage character.i see him as a old angry man with a axe that with shoulder block u if u get in my way attitude.as much as I love nightwolf,Shang tsung is still the coolest,best designed and my favourite Mk character ever.mk9's version of Shang is what kept me playing the game long after I got tired of it.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I meant if there's any character that a Mohawk is fitting of, it's yours due to his nativity. The irony of you hating Mohawks was what I was trying to get at, not that he's a cheesy, un-cool character, I actually think he's pretty neat, if unpopular.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
If the opponent wakes up out of the knockdown, parry then becomes a good option. deeznutz this thread got me started looking into the tech and it has actually become one of my BnBs. But you need to optimize the damage. Try either b1u3 or f3 as a starter, u3 u3 22slide u3 then gimmick of choice. I'm at work right now but I memory serves these do around 30-35% and less risk of wakeups. But I would def. use the shorter combos if I was afraid of getting clashed

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
But Panty with that longer, as in more hits, combo/meterless vortex setup, wouldn't that mess up the frame advantage that you'll get? I tried your combo, it does 33% by the way, and they seem to wake up faster than slide u3 u3.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Her b1 is 18 frames. F3 is 19 slide is 21. So as far as mixup b1 and f3 will be your go tos from the range of the untechable u3. I just hit the lab against scorpion and set his wakeups to random. I don't believe the shorter combos Have any benefit really but what they do is give the opponent more opportunities to do wakeups and more opportunities to guess right on a block. Also some characters have wakeups that I don't think KF can even do anything but block like supermoves, flashes bf2 or shazams torpedo. There are more I'm sure but you get the idea. I think when fighting these characters the metered vortex would be the way to go. I'm almost considering doing a wakeup punishing guide

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Ohh nice! It was just bad visuals on the situation from me then :p

Making that guide would be preety dope imho =)