What's new

Tech KILLER FROST - Meterless Vortex Setup

Viable?

• Total voters

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I've been racking my brains what to do or end with when frost has no meter,this is looking very promising stuff. Thanks

I've been racking my brains what to do or end with when frost has no meter,this is looking very promising stuff. Thanks
It's been working great for me against other players so far, I suggest trying it yourself to induce rage on your opponent lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is pretty good. I like to keep it simple. I end my non-reset combos in either iceberg or regular command grab. Then I dash up and either bait a wakeup attack or do a 50/50. Even after the techable iceberg they can't tech away from the 50/50.

Couldn't the opponent just wake up after the u3? Cuz I tried putting wake up mode on in practice and it wakes up right after

It's not as good as the standing reset because they can wake up, but that costs meter. This is for if you don't have it.

You mitigate the wakeup problem because you can mix up which side you land on after the dash. So they have to guess which direction to input their wakeup attack, unless it's something like batgirl's dd3.

It's pretty useful. For reference, Green Lanterns have to spend a bar to get something similar, and a bunch of them do it.

Oh I see, it's basically used in the beginning of round if you dont get the first hit, run out of bar while doing the 50/50 setup, or if you stupidly use all your bar in a clash right?

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
The more you play the more often you'll be able to see whether by the time you get to grab, you'll have a bar for MB or not. Comes with time. If you almost have a bar and just started your combo, make sure your not doing meter less when you could've done meter. Worst comes to worst non mb grab knockdown is pretty great too

Plus sometimes when I go for the dash under to cross up J3 and they do a wakeup attack it'll whiff completely giving you another combo.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Couldn't the opponent just wake up after the u3? Cuz I tried putting wake up mode on in practice and it wakes up right after
If the opponent couldn't wake up after the 2 u3's then basically no one would use anything other than this tool because they could save their meter for other fun stuff.

If the opponent couldn't wake up after the 2 u3's then basically no one would use anything other than this tool because they could save their meter for other fun stuff.
Good point, so players such as black adam or any other wakeups that move the character forward would make this tech useless?

RiBBz22

Good point, so players such as black adam or any other wakeups that move the character forward would make this tech useless?
No A lot of the time you can cross people up or delay your dash to stay on the same side which could cross up their inputs. Plus there are ways to punish just about every wake up so to can always try to bait it.

Is it possible to negate wake up attacks if you go for the cross up j3 due to their buttons being reversed? PS-did anybody see PR balrog get into top 8 because of this tech lol

RiBBz22

Two no votes are on blast because PL Balrog got to top 8 at EVO with this tech.
I thought PR Balrog plays Michaelangelo all the time...He plays Aquaman and Lantern so I have no clue why he kept dash then sliding under DJT's air rockets. You just have to freaking double dash under that shit and d2 him....it is so damn free. I wish I could have screamed that in his damn ear during that match smh.

Hivey

Noob
considering that i want to use KF as well as superman (maybe instead of him if i get good enough), i really need to learn how to do this. if only i didnt constantly fail my u3s.