Tech KILLER FROST - Meterless Vortex Setup

Viable?

• Total voters
Something I came up with today:

Options after one or two U3's:

1. Dash under and go into 50/50 mixup or throw

2. Dash under and go into cross up J3.

3. Fake cross up by delaying dash and go into 50/50 mixup or throw

4. Fake cross up by delaying dash, neutral jump then J3 for an ambiguous set-up.

Side note: U3 is a hard knockdown so your opponent cannot tech roll out of the vortex.

Have fun screwing with your opponent's mind!

Cool, but gimmicky.

I always thought U3 was tech able though, but it not being tech rollable makes this interesting.

Can you do a 3rd U3 and still make this work? You're sacrificing more damage, and they opponent can wake up too, which is just a mind game for both parties.

It's interesting though :)
Kinda like Kitana F4,1 ghetto resets I used to do :p but hey, it sometimes catches your opponent off guard.

I can see this being used like that, used very scarcely in situations. I wouldn't depend on this vortex though, but I can see it being used here and there to throw them off.

Shawi

Noob
looks good! I wouldnt use it as bnb tech as the meter reset is far more reliable. However, if you are out of meter then it can be a back pocket weapon to add to your arsenal. I guess if you make the right reads it can be good, although that goes for anything.

Cool, but gimmicky.

Can you do a 3rd U3 and still make this work? You're sacrificing more damage, and they opponent can wake up too, which is just a mind game for both parties.

You can off of a Slide however the opponent is lower to the ground after a 3rd U3 so the mixup isn't as tricky. Still an option though :p

Also yes the opponent can wake up attack but they must guess which side you'll end up being on so they input their special correctly otherwise the inputs become reversed and they eat another combo.

looks good! I wouldnt use it as bnb tech as the meter reset is far more reliable. However, if you are out of meter then it can be a back pocket weapon to add to your arsenal. I guess if you make the right reads it can be good, although that goes for anything.

Of course lol if I have a bar I rather go into the meter vortex to keep them standing and have a guaranteed 50/50 or use the bar for an MB Iceberg mid combo into a trait combo.

This can come in handy if you know your opponent is wanting to clash since you're dropping your combo early into another mix-up plus after a Slide or U3 you can simply dash under for a cross up or delay the dash to fake cross followed by another 50/50 and repeat lol.

Of course lol if I have a bar I rather go into the meter vortex to keep them standing and have a guaranteed 50/50 or use the bar for an MB Iceberg mid combo into a trait combo.

This can come in handy if you know your opponent is wanting to clash since you're dropping your combo early into another mix-up plus after a Slide or U3 you can simply dash under for a cross up or delay the dash to fake cross followed by another 50/50 and repeat lol.

Actually scratch that Slide and F3 is techable so that's out of the question lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So much for an unclashable set up lol

And I as well didn't know U3 wasn't techable until today lol
I could have swore it used to be... maybe I am mistaken. I know that NRS has it programmed that they can make any move techable/untechable via a hotfix, so it could have been changed.

I could have swore it used to be... maybe I am mistaken. I know that NRS has it programmed that they can make any move techable/untechable via a hotfix, so it could have been changed.

Never noticed it myself before, I think I may have seen my opponent tech roll before when I would accidentally drop my combo during the U3 series but I could be wrong.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
U3 was never techable. Good shit Deezxnutz. A nice wrinkle to mix in with your pressure. What I like about it is that if you do somehow end up dropping an U3 combo you can go into some of this type of pressure.

It's okay though. I love seeing fellow Killer Frost players come up with things.

NRS, pls buff U3 so that it can't tech roll.

Imo, it should be low mid instead of mid mid ;)

U3 was never techable. Good shit Deezxnutz. A nice wrinkle to mix in with your pressure. What I like about it is that if you do somehow end up dropping an U3 combo you can go into some of this type of pressure.

Thanks dude, always happy to help the Killer Frost community.

It's okay though. I love seeing fellow Killer Frost players come up with things.

NRS, pls buff U3 so that it can't tech roll.

Imo, it should be low mid instead of mid mid ;)

But...U3 is already not tech-able lol

Also she already has two low attacks plus I'm not certain but I'm assuming U3 on block isn't safe lol.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
this is great if you dont have meter or want to hold on to it to match their wagers. awesome post, thanks man :)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Good minds think alike! I've been doing this lol. I go for my f3 bnb, but instead of ending it with 1 iceberg, I dash under and either go for b1slide or MB f3.

I haven't seen any other frost do it so ITS MINE! :p

not a true reset as they can just wake-up out of it. but worthy nonetheless
Correct however they must input their wake up attack in the direction of where you choose to end up facing at your opponent otherwise their attack doesn't come out and they eat another combo.