What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

After slide, you need to f1 very fast so that it hits at the peak of their flight. Cancelling into freeze isn't too strict.

If you have trouble, try switching to 2. The drawback there is you might get accidental icebergs, but the timing is more lenient.
K thanks Ill give it a try. Also, do the anti air dagger combos lead into the reset by any chance and is there a distance restriction (like can you do them up close and far away?)

K thanks Ill give it a try. Also, do the anti air dagger combos lead into the reset by any chance and is there a distance restriction (like can you do them up close and far away?)
What I have up there is what I could get off of it. You might be able to do aa daggers, mb iceberg, dash, slide, 2xxMB freeze, but the damage is going to be ass.

Edit: nevermind, it does more than a d2 AA, but takes 2 meter. I'll add it. Thanks for asking!

There is a restriction, AA daggers too close and you can't combo. Further away, the daggers have more travel time before they hit, giving you time to recover.

What I have up there is what I could get off of it. You might be able to do aa daggers, mb iceberg, dash, slide, 2xxMB freeze, but the damage is going to be ass.

Edit: nevermind, it does more than a d2 AA, but takes 2 meter. I'll add it. Thanks for asking!

There is a restriction, AA daggers too close and you can't combo. Further away, the daggers have more travel time before they hit, giving you time to recover.
Holy frozen prostitute. Daggers can lead to the 50/50's?!, characters cant even jump on her anymore...hide this thread so NRS doesnt nerf her again haha. Also is there a height restriction at which the opponent must fall cus I noticed that if the character was hit by the daggers near the feet they would fly up higher so that you could confirm the iceberg. But sometimes it would hit them in the knees and they would drop too fast and wouldnt work....could also be my bad execution

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm serious, I've tried and most of these new combos are way too hard for me. Def not tournament viable(for me at least). Execution is not my forte.
Oh, my bad. I just assumed...lol. I actually agree; I tried these the other day and they are not easy to say the least.

I'm serious, I've tried and most of these new combos are way too hard for me. Def not tournament viable(for me at least). Execution is not my forte.
If you replace the f113s with f112s, most of them are very consistent. I do have trouble with the u3, u3, u3, 11xxicebergs though.

What exactly are you having difficulty with? Minor adjustments can help a lot with consistency for these.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I do have trouble with the u3, u3, u3, 11xxicebergs though.
My BnB replacement for the u3 x3 to 11 iceberg is extremely simple and gives 1/2% more damage!

111~Iceberg, 11b2~Slide, u3, 1~Iceberg - 38% and hella easy with wall carry

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh, my bad. I just assumed...lol. I actually agree; I tried these the other day and they are not easy to say the least.
Practice makes perfect... they were difficult for me at first too and my execution is good. Now I get even the TA combos online all the time lol

My BnB replacement for the u3 x3 to 11 iceberg is extremely simple and gives 1/2% more damage!

111~Iceberg, 11b2~Slide, u3, 1~Iceberg - 38% and hella easy with wall carry
Truth. I'm still looking into those, but in the meantime I use u3, u3, f112slide, f112 icebergs. Doesn't get more simple than that really.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Truth. I'm still looking into those, but in the meantime I use u3, u3, f112slide, f112 icebergs. Doesn't get more simple than that really.
You know... f112 always whiffs (the 2 part) when I do it. Also that combo changes sides, I want to push them closer to the corner.

Belial

Noob
I have troulbe connecting f113 in these combos, so I use f112 instead. Its about 1-2% less , but way more consistant(always hits, slide never wiffs), which enables to use this combos for tournament play, I think

Also , combo from d2 against grounded opponent is the same as anti-air combo, you just have to wait a little before doing 2nd u3, connection f113 here is also harder, but doable.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I can execute these combos pretty near 100% online, more consistent than her pre-patch bnbs. Not sure what you're you mean by tournament viable.

Tournament viable combo's = combo's that deal the most damage and/or yield the most effective setups that can be done 90-100% of the time consistently. I'd like a concise list to put in the OP, ideally how this one is setup: http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-complete-combo-guide-to-catwoman.34372/ Obviously videos are a plus, but the formula-approach and outline of why the combo is good makes it clean, short, and efficient.

Does anybody have any good B3 combos? I'm using them to fight BA foot dive and Bane's charge. So far I have B3, ji3, 22, MBfreeze, j2, f113, daggers. Does 36% but costs 2 meters, but at least its telling my opponent to gtfo

Belial

Noob
It seems some of these combos work better on some characters than others. So far I checked Superman and Batgirl and it seems that
1) It is hard to connect f113 on superman, but easy on batgirl
2) If you use f112 subsitute on batgirl its really hard to connect f1~MB grab, but if you use f113 its really easy
So might be worth looking into

Does anybody have any good B3 combos? I'm using them to fight BA foot dive and Bane's charge. So far I have B3, ji3, 22, MBfreeze, j2, f113, daggers. Does 36% but costs 2 meters, but at least its telling my opponent to gtfo
I quickly checked this, heres what I got
b3, j3, u3, u3, f112~slide, f1~MB Grab, j2,f113~daggers = 47% (43% if you opt for j2,2 reset instead).
b3, j3, u3,u3,f112~slide, u3 = 41% b3 j3 u3u3 f112~slide, 22~spike = 43%

Belial

Noob
fairly easy wall
f+3/b1u3:
- 3~slide, u3, f1~MB grab, j2,f113 = 35%-36% reset
- 3~slide, u3, f1~ MB grab, j2, f113~slide, 2~spike = 40-41%

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I quickly checked this, heres what I got
b3, j3, u3, u3, f112~slide, f1~MB Grab, j2,f113~daggers = 47% (43% if you opt for j2,2 reset instead)
b3, j3, u3,u3,f112~slide, u3 = 41%
b3 j3 u3u3 f112~slide, 22~spike = 43%
If you substitute f112~slide with 11b2~slide, you get more wall carry and about .5% more damage ^_^

anybody got any interactible bouncing combos that ends with a setup into either the 50/50, an u3, or a crossup j3?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

As a frost player who both plays a lot online (sometimes in annoyingly laggy conditions) and tends to struggle with execution in general, I invest a lot of time in coming up with simpler variations of her combos that I almost never drop.

The two wall bounce combos that I always use are:

1) b3, ji3, slide, u3, 22, Iceberg (35%) (METERLESS)

2) b3, ji3, slide, u3, 2, MB Iceberg, b3 (37%)

Both are hella easy and deliver decent damage.

If you want to be swag and waste your meter in the process:

b3, ji3, slide, u3, 22, SUPER (46%) (favorite way to end a round)