What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
YEESSSS!!!

Figured out how to consistently get 60%+ with TA combos. Doesn't require trait to be charged to the pixel - still has to be charged close but it's totally viable.

2 basic methods:
B1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6, 2, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~iceberg 60(61?)%

and

(blah blah~)Slide, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6, 2, u3, 2, 11b2~slide
Sweet I will have to mess with it. I pretty much got the TA combos down over the weekend and have been landing them online so offline should be even better. But this is interesting because I was looking for a good way not to involve slide into the combo at the beginning because of the damage scaling. I will have to work on this...how tight is the 2 into U3?? What if you just keep U3'ing, what do you get then? Wish I looked at this thread Sunday now I am stuck at work blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Also, it seems like you should probably find a good way to end the 2nd combo in the 50-50 because ending in the slide probably isn't optimal unless your opponent isn't tech rolling...for example yesterday I did a 54% TA combo to someone that ended with 11b2 slide and did the air dash cross up into the 48% 1 bar combo for a 1-hit + 1-guess kill lol.

YOLO

RiBBz22

YEESSSS!!!

Figured out how to consistently get 60%+ with TA combos. Doesn't require trait to be charged to the pixel - still has to be charged close but it's totally viable.

2 basic methods:
B1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6, 2, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~iceberg 60(61?)%

and

(blah blah~)Slide, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6, 2, u3, 2, 11b2~slide
lol I have been in training mode for 40 minutes and have not hit the U3 one single time after the standing 2. I wouldn't classify this as a consistent combo unless I am missing something or the notation is wrong. Also, maybe it is character specific (I am in training against DS right now)

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
lol I have been in training mode for 40 minutes and have not hit the U3 one single time after the standing 2. I wouldn't classify this as a consistent combo unless I am missing something or the notation is wrong. Also, maybe it is character specific (I am in training against DS right now)
Yeah, re tested some of this stuff this morning and wanted to follow up:

The "b1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6....." one only works well on female characters (excluding WoWo?), and basically doesn't work on big bodies.

Instead, do "b1u3/f3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, mb.iceberg, TA, 1, u3...." This variant is very easy on everyone except the big bodies (lex, bane, dd, grundy). My bnb with this does 57/58%

Also, "b1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 1, u3...." works against everyone: it's very tight on big bodies, very easy on females, and a little tight on everyone else.

RiBBz22

Yeah, re tested some of this stuff this morning and wanted to follow up:

The "b1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6....." one only works well on female characters (excluding WoWo?), and basically doesn't work on big bodies.

Instead, do "b1u3/f3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, mb.iceberg, TA, 1, u3...." This variant is very easy on everyone except the big bodies (lex, bane, dd, grundy). My bnb with this does 57/58%

Also, "b1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 1, u3...." works against everyone: it's very tight on big bodies, very easy on females, and a little tight on everyone else.
Yeah I am in the lab with Bane now and the 1 into U3 is a chore. I can get it to work but not worth it IMO, the other stuff is way easier lol.

EDIT:

I am getting it a lot more now against the non-big-bodies, but I still feel like the other one is a lot more consistent and you are only giving up 3-4%. The trick is how fast standing 1 recovers after the MB iceberg in trait...you can go into u3 pretty much right away and you definitely need to do that in order to pull off the combo.

Last edited:

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Here are some of the trait combos we have been talking about in action.

Awesome that you recorded this. The last one, the post-slide method, is my favorite at the moment. I just wish the big characters weren't such assholes about it, lol. At least the earlier combos work on them no problem.

RiBBz22

Awesome that you recorded this. The last one, the post-slide method, is my favorite at the moment. I just wish the big characters weren't such assholes about it, lol. At least the earlier combos work on them no problem.
Yeah the last one is the most hype. I never thought about adding a standing 2 between U3's after doing a f3 or b1u3 starter. Ups the damage nicely.

I will probably switch to that for my after 50-50 go-to's

b1u3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, u3 = 37%
b1u3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, 22~iceberg = 40%
b1u3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~4 (trait charge) ...I think that is like 30% and you basically fill up trait.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Yeah the last one is the most hype. I never thought about adding a standing 2 between U3's after doing a f3 or b1u3 starter. Ups the damage nicely.

I will probably switch to that for my after 50-50 go-to's

b1u3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, u3 = 37%
b1u3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, 22~iceberg = 40%
b1u3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~4 (trait charge) ...I think that is like 30% and you basically fill up trait.
Yeah, I tried it randomly one day, just to see, and when it worked I had a Picard facepalm moment. It's 1% less than the u3, u3, f113~slide juggle and I'm 100% consistent with it.

RiBBz22

Yeah, I tried it randomly one day, just to see, and when it worked I had a Picard facepalm moment. It's 1% less than the u3, u3, f113~slide juggle and I'm 100% consistent with it.
Yeah I never use f113 because it doesn't work well on all characters. It always drops against MMH for some reason and some others with weird hitboxes I guess. I think it is probably her 2nd highest meterless bnb (like you said the f113 gives 1% more but is inconsistent)

Nice finds. I'll mess with u3, 2, u3 ,2 etc tonight, seems like a great way to add damage. Post slide TA combo seems great as well, gotta learn it if it's more consistent ( even if it only works on smaller characters). I just haven't played the pass week, cuz damn, KF has this amazing combos and setups and links and I always get hyped to play but then I remember how freaking bad the online is and a I just die a little on the inside.

RiBBz22

Nice finds. I'll mess with u3, 2, u3 ,2 etc tonight, seems like a great way to add damage. Post slide TA combo seems great as well, gotta learn it if it's more consistent ( even if it only works on smaller characters). I just haven't played the pass week, cuz damn, KF has this amazing combos and setups and links and I always get hyped to play but then I remember how freaking bad the online is and a I just die a little on the inside.
LOL, yeah I get emo after playing online too. Maybe we can play sometime and see how it goes. Where are you located? I wanna get in games with my Deathstroke who I brought back from the dead after being buried when Batgirl came out.

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
i know i'm not maxing out damage and i think i need some new bnb's. Can some one tell me the combos i should be doing (that are viable).
The combos i have been doing are:
slide u3 u3 22 daggers
slide u3 22 mb grab (i usually dont go for the second u3 because online lag)
slide u3 u3 u3
f3 u3 u3 22 slide u3
f3 u3 u3 22 mb grab
b1u3 u3 u3 22 slide u3
ji1 111 slide u3 22 mb grab

RiBBz22

i know i'm not maxing out damage and i think i need some new bnb's. Can some one tell me the combos i should be doing (that are viable).
The combos i have been doing are:
slide u3 u3 22 daggers
slide u3 22 mb grab (i usually dont go for the second u3 because online lag)
slide u3 u3 u3
f3 u3 u3 22 slide u3
f3 u3 u3 22 mb grab
b1u3 u3 u3 22 slide u3
ji1 111 slide u3 22 mb grab

If I hit someone with a naked slide, I will almost always go for U3 U3 22 grab or U3 22 grab to put them into the 50-50
slide u3 u3 u3 .... that's fine if you want a meterless setup
f3 u3 u3 22 slide u3 .... I have recently changed to F3, U3, 2, U3, 11B2~slide U3 for more damage
f3 u3 u3 22 mb grab .... This one is fine if you are consistent
b1u3 u3 u3 22 slide u3 .... Same changes as the F3 one above
ji1 111 slide u3 22 mb grab .... This is fine too

Basically, if you want to increase damage going into a 50-50 you have to learn stuff like the 2~grab link and use it off of 11b2~slide. That will give you the biggest bang for your buck, but I find it to not be completely consistent personally. Some days I will hit it every single time...sometimes not so much :/

Also, mix in some of the higher damage 1-bar bnb's to close out rounds where you don't need to go for the 50-50 to win. Stuff like

starter into MB iceberg, b3, j3, u3, 11b2~slide, ender (2~grab, 22~iceberg, u3)

50-50 starter (f3/b1u3) into u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, ender (2~grab, 22~iceberg, u3)

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Basically, if you want to increase damage going into a 50-50 you have to learn stuff like the 2~grab link and use it off of 11b2~slide. That will give you the biggest bang for your buck, but I find it to not be completely consistent personally. Some days I will hit it every single time...sometimes not so much :/
Agreed. I've had MUCH more success with the 2xxGrab following a slide after a bit of practice in the lab. I've found that waiting to press Down until KF is completely under (or JUST past) her opponent on the slide, let go and hit 2xxBF2 works on all but the laggiest of matches (and Z seems to be kinda tough to grab. Prob even less room for error since she's so little?). At first I thought 2xxslide would be too difficult to do online, but it has actually proven to be WAY more consistent that even trying to get 3 U3's for me!

Gonna have to try these U3 2 U3 2 shenanigans. Good find, guys

RiBBz22

Agreed. I've had MUCH more success with the 2xxGrab following a slide after a bit of practice in the lab. I've found that waiting to press Down until KF is completely under (or JUST past) her opponent on the slide, let go and hit 2xxBF2 works on all but the laggiest of matches (and Z seems to be kinda tough to grab. Prob even less room for error since she's so little?). At first I thought 2xxslide would be too difficult to do online, but it has actually proven to be WAY more consistent that even trying to get 3 U3's for me!

Gonna have to try these U3 2 U3 2 shenanigans. Good find, guys
Ha I just posted about 2~grab execution in the discussion thread. I will have to try your method and see if it works better. Buffering d during slide seems like a good idea.

RiBBz22

AM's, CW's, Zod's and all that are stuffable. It works great, I use it a lot now after the meterless vortex. F2 hits weird and has a great priority, but it's slow, so do it really fast after the last u3 and dashing under them.
f2~slide after meterless vortex stuffs Batgirl's cartwheel basically 100% of the time for me. We should try to get a ultra common setup and test this on all characters to see what we find.

I have more success against the cartwheel with b1u3, u3, u3, 22~slide, u3, dash under f2~slide.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
f2~slide after meterless vortex stuffs Batgirl's cartwheel basically 100% of the time for me. We should try to get a ultra common setup and test this on all characters to see what we find.

I have more success against the cartwheel with b1u3, u3, u3, 22~slide, u3, dash under f2~slide.
Nice! I've been using D2 to stuff her cartwheel most of the time, but not entirely reliable. I'll have to give this a try

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
wow. didn't see this when you posted. Can this be ended in a grab instead? I'm guessing it can, and you just went for max damage...
Yes, like Ribbz said, you can change then ender post-slide into 2~freeze. And yeah, j3, u3, blahblahblah is the highest damaging combo starter I know of with Frost (meterless at least)... If you change the ender of that combo to "f112~mb.iceberg, b3, iceberg" I think it's 70% on the dot (69% at worst). Another cool thing is there's an easier version: "j3, u3x7, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~iceberg..." that does 66%.

RiBBz22

Yes, like Ribbz said, you can change then ender post-slide into 2~freeze. And yeah, j3, u3, blahblahblah is the highest damaging combo starter I know of with Frost (meterless at least)... If you change the ender of that combo to "f112~mb.iceberg, b3, iceberg" I think it's 70% on the dot (69% at worst). Another cool thing is there's an easier version: "j3, u3x7, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~iceberg..." that does 66%.
Yeah I just end it in 22 iceberg for 66% cause it is more consistent for me.

You can even do

parry MB, TA, j3, u3 x 6, 2, U3, 22~grab MB, j22 for 60% and set up a kill on the 50-50 with something like...
b1u3, u3, 2, u3, b112~slide, 22~iceberg = 40%

Last edited: