What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
@Ne'er-do-well here is your combo. #Swagfactor

*wipes away one proud tear* It's... it's so beautiful.

I love that trait's becoming a seriously viable option. Like, I can't wait until we start hitting this shit on the regular and people have a legitimate reason to be worried about us building trait from afar.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
*wipes away one proud tear* It's... it's so beautiful.

I love that trait's becoming a seriously viable option. Like, I can't wait until we start hitting this shit on the regular and people have a legitimate reason to be worried about us building trait from afar.
Yeah we are def finding better uses than before. The high damage combo is sort of tough against the small hitbox characters (but still do-able). I would probably stick to the F3 option as a punish more in a match for those chars.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
A note about that combo, it's basically impossible if you parry an attack that lowers their hitbox like a d1. Just tested that out.

RiBBz22

A note about that combo, it's basically impossible if you parry an attack that lowers their hitbox like a d1. Just tested that out.
Yep, I only would try it against non small hitbox chars too, and not off d1's because like you said the hitbox issue. I think the combo is possible, but the window is really tight and easily droppable. I just switch to F3 starter to be safe and get more juggle height which helps with u3's. If only u3 were a few frames faster :p

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What are you guys currently using for vortex in the corner?

I'm using:
b1u3, 2, 2, f113, 11b2~dbf2(MB), j2, f113 (37%)
f3, 2, 2, f113, 11b2~dbf2(MB), j2, f113 (36%)

But I'm sure there are more optimised combos out there. Those two are super easy and consistent though.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion

I'm using:

But I'm sure there are more optimised combos out there. Those two are super easy and consistent though.
For damage:
b1u3(or f3), f113, 3~slide, u3, 11b2~mb.freeze, j2, f113 (43%)

The tricky part is timing the f113 just right so the last hit will keep them juggled high enough for the 3~slide. Then the second tricky part is hitting the 11b2~freeze after u3 just right.

RiBBz22

I'm using:

Use b1u3/f3, f113~slide, u3, 11b2~dbf2 (MB), j2, f113. I think they do like 39/38%. I need to get better at the execution though sometimes I drop the 11b2 into grab for whatever reason.

RiBBz22

For damage:

The tricky part is timing the f113 just right so the last hit will keep them juggled high enough for the 3~slide. Then the second tricky part is hitting the 11b2~freeze after u3 just right.
Yeah I was gonna add that you can squeeze in a standing 3 before slide, but I personally think it is more trouble than it is worth for a bnb.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
For damage:

This looks sick. But I can't get it consistently :(. Ahh well. Practise it is.

Use b1u3/f3, f113~slide, u3, 11b2~dbf2 (MB), j2, f113. I think they do like 39/38%. I need to get better at the execution though sometimes I drop the 11b2 into grab for whatever reason.
Cheers for this. For some reason the second 1 of 11b2 whiffs sometimes, other than that it's super solid.

RiBBz22

This looks sick. But I can't get it consistently :(. Ahh well. Practise it is.

Cheers for this. For some reason the second 1 of 11b2 whiffs sometimes, other than that it's super solid.
Yeah the problem is that it involves starting the 11b2 at a certain height. Too bad it can't just be automatic execution I think it would be easier to muscle memory it. For some reason I have no issues every doing the 11b2 into grab link by itself, but I do drop it at times during that string.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Wow. I'm probably late to the party on this one, but I'm loving the MB Iceberg into TA combos. Spend a good 20 minutes today practicing the B1U3/F3, U3, MB Iceberg TA setup and have it down pretty consistently. Going back a page or 2, it seems you guys were already on top of it! But I've found it to be more consistent than most other TA combos I've been trying, and keeping the slide until the end also helps max out the damage. My go to has been B1U3/F3, U3, MB IcebergxxTA, 1, U3x9, 11B2xxSlide, 3, Iceberg for 57% or 58% 1 bar. I bet I could get a little more damage out of it with a few hits before the MB IcebergxxTA, but when I do I really seem to mess up the timing for TA, 1, U3 :-/ I'm Still trying to get the slide 2xxGrab down to set up for 50/50 instead, but that should come with time.

I'm loving how TA is becoming usable! Before I just used to use it to screw up Doomy in trait, and for a couple good troll combos in the corner (my favorite is F3, 11B2 TA D1, 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2, etc. lol), but now its proving to be a useful tool in other situations. Keep up the great work, KF community!

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Yooo, found a new combo toy that's +7 swag points.

After 3~slide you can 1(2?)-frame link a b3.

So, for example: b1u3, u3, 3~slide, b3....

It's super cool looking.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Wow I like that, I didn't think it was possible to combo into that slow ass kick.
Yeah, if you hit with the last few active frames of slide she recovers a little faster on hit so b3 combos. If you hit slide from max range it's possible. It's possible off of 11b2~slide in certain scenarios.

Against Lex, for example (in theory it should be possible against all/most the cast methinks):

b1u3, u3 x3, 11b2~slide, b3, flash freeze for 44%

RiBBz22

Yeah, if you hit with the last few active frames of slide she recovers a little faster on hit so b3 combos. If you hit slide from max range it's possible. It's possible off of 11b2~slide in certain scenarios.

Against Lex, for example (in theory it should be possible against all/most the cast methinks):

b1u3, u3 x3, 11b2~slide, b3, flash freeze for 44%
Damn it is too bad that they couldn't have made the b3 just a bit quicker and we probably could have squeezed it in several more places :/

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Also when do you guys typically charge trait?
Most combos ending in 3/11b2 can be ~trait. You can charge atleast half of trait safely with this - against some the whole thing.

Full screen, depending on the match-up, it's free to charge.

Basically anything you see Sinestro doing Frost can x-copy (and she recovers from trait and charges trait faster than Sinestro).

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I see. I wanna catch up with frost again, been using Sinestro ad joker and Harley. I'm getting more used to charging trait in combo and neutral but it's still kinda strange to me

RiBBz22

I see. I wanna catch up with frost again, been using Sinestro ad joker and Harley. I'm getting more used to charging trait in combo and neutral but it's still kinda strange to me
The only time I really charge trait is to bait people sitting on iceberg and off of a 11b2 ender. 11b2 ender almost gives you the opportunity to charge 80-90% of your trait.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Koolaid. Also it seems joker and frost are the only characters in my experience who can't f3 an then b3 in a combo. Some people laugh but I think this is a problem for them not being able to open up opponents for unclashable level transitions.
Someone told me recently they were able to do this with frost. Do you know if they were mistaken or can she actually do this? Is it like just frame or something?

Koolaid. Also it seems joker and frost are the only characters in my experience who can't f3 an then b3 in a combo. Some people laugh but I think this is a problem for them not being able to open up opponents for unclashable level transitions.
Someone told me recently they were able to do this with frost. Do you know if they were mistaken or can she actually do this? Is it like just frame or something?
She can't do f3 to b3. The common unclashable is f3 f3 or slide f3 or d2 f3. Either of those work with super, but the link of slide xx super and f3 super is a bit tough.