What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Cool stuff, but I hate doing TA conversions during matches I always botch them up. I hate when I will hit the 111 and the slide whiffs under them lol. I should probably get better at timing them though with that said...

Cool stuff, but I hate doing TA conversions during matches I always botch them up. I hate when I will hit the 111 and the slide whiffs under them lol. I should probably get better at timing them though with that said...
111 xx slide after TA is similar to 111 xx dagger in the corner, you have to wait till they drop near the ground.

RiBBz22

Wooooo, guys check this out:

b1u3, u3, u3, f1 xx iceberg mb, TA, 111 xx slide, u3 x 7, 22 xx freeze mb, j2, 2 - 55%

Finally a great damaging combo mid screen from 50/50 with TA, I'll post a video shortly.
111 slide is too inconsistent for me, I miss the slide way too much if the 111 starts too high in the juggle (at least against Aquaman in training mode). 11b2 is 1% less but hits no matter what height.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

What do you guys do the stuff WUs? I find it hard to do so with b1 xx slide or f3, although b1 xx slide works wonders for some WUs, like WoWo lasso spin. For stuffing I found f2 to be amazing. After the meterless vortex, dash in and use f2 xx slide, you will stuff their WUs 100% of the time, it's really easy and reliable. You can mix it up with f23 for oh and hard knock down or even f2 xx mbf3 if you have meter.
Which wakeups are you stuffing with F2 slide?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So yeah, after messing around with this, TA combos are totally legit. TA, d1~slide is the easiest to time. TA, u3 requires strict timing and it requires you to be stocked up until the very tip of trait, but it's viable. For safety's sake, d1~slide is my go to.

Which wakeups are you stuffing with F2 slide?
AM's, CW's, Zod's and all that are stuffable. It works great, I use it a lot now after the meterless vortex. F2 hits weird and has a great priority, but it's slow, so do it really fast after the last u3 and dashing under them.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
1.) I absolutely hate charging the trait to the very tip of that gauge...sometimes I'm not close enough and I can't tell...OR I go over trying to get it to the tip.

2.) I can never land the actual activation of the trait after the MB IB...I feel like I have no time to hit them afterward.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
AM's, CW's, Zod's and all that are stuffable. It works great, I use it a lot now after the meterless vortex. F2 hits weird and has a great priority, but it's slow, so do it really fast after the last u3 and dashing under them.
I have a lot of free time on my hands...I'll start compiling a comprehensive list of what WU's the F2~slide will stuff. Who have you tested thus far?

1.) I absolutely hate charging the trait to the very tip of that gauge...sometimes I'm not close enough and I can't tell...OR I go over trying to get it to the tip.

2.) I can never land the actual activation of the trait after the MB IB...I feel like I have no time to hit them afterward.
You don't need to charge it EXACTLY at the tip of the gauge, but really close. Just keep practicing, that TA combo is worth it. Do TA just when then MB part of the iceberg hits, with practice you will get this down.

I have a lot of free time on my hands...I'll start compiling a comprehensive list of what WU's the F2~slide will stuff. Who have you tested thus far?
Hmm.. All of AM's, CW's cat claws and cat dash, Zod's charge and phantom strike, Flash's lighting kick, Superman's breath and superman punch, DD's venom, BG's cartwheel, GL's lift ( really hard to time). I think that's about it. A list will be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

So yeah, after messing around with this, TA combos are totally legit. TA, d1~slide is the easiest to time. TA, u3 requires strict timing and it requires you to be stocked up until the very tip of trait, but it's viable. For safety's sake, d1~slide is my go to.
Yeah I like 11b2 slide. d1 slide is pretty easy too you are right, I dunno why I didn't think of that. Both work well.
hmm Aqua was beating me out a lot after a dash in f2 slide from meterless vortex. Can you post a video I want to see it because I must of been doing something wrong last night.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

You just have to be on the verge for the TA combos. Make sure you MB the iceberg as late as possible and it will give you the most time to follow up the TA with a normal. I kind of think of the combo like the regular meterless iceberg combos she can do where you have to hit them when they are falling from it.

RiBBz22

I need to learn to use Interactibles in my combos more seems like im giving up damage sometimes.
I will use some of them after an u3 during meterless vortex when I am in range and on my opponents 2nd lifebar for unclashable

Here is a video with f2 xx slide stuffing AM's scoop. You have to be really fast, as f2 is hella slow ( 27 frames ). Also after 3 u3s it's really hard as they are too low to the ground and can either get their WU before f2 comes out or backdash.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Here is a video with f2 xx slide stuffing AM's scoop. You have to be really fast, as f2 is hella slow ( 27 frames ). Also after 3 u3s it's really hard as they are too low to the ground and can either get their WU before f2 comes out or backdash.

great find! Do you find this to be more reliable than D1xxSlide to punish his wakeups?

I'm pretty sure every option AM has on wakeup (other than blocking) can be stuffed with just about any move we have. Someone showed me once that a well timed D1 can interrupt everything he does, and cancel that into a slide for a full punish (not that I'm any good at it...). Perhaps this move has more active frames than a D1? Could be a better option? I'm intrigued...

EDIT: I've been practicing for only 10 min or so, and seem to be able to get it more than 50% of the time after a meterless vortex. The timing works well, as long as you dont waste any time between the dash and the F2.

Unfortunately, I didn't work on MMH push, or BG tele (was hoping she would still slide after whiffing the F2 on BG's tele, getting out of the way. But it seems she doesnt cancel into slide unless the F2 actually hits :-/ Oh well!)

Last edited:
great find! Do you find this to be more reliable than D1xxSlide to punish his wakeups?

I'm pretty sure every option AM has on wakeup (other than blocking) can be stuffed with just about any move we have. Someone showed me once that a well timed D1 can interrupt everything he does, and cancel that into a slide for a full punish (not that I'm any good at it...). Perhaps this move has more active frames than a D1? Could be a better option? I'm intrigued...

EDIT: I've been practicing for only 10 min or so, and seem to be able to get it more than 50% of the time after a meterless vortex. The timing works well, as long as you dont waste any time between the dash and the F2.

Unfortunately, I didn't work on MMH push, or BG tele (was hoping she would still slide after whiffing the F2 on BG's tele, getting out of the way. But it seems she doesnt cancel into slide unless the F2 actually hits :-/ Oh well!)
You just have to be really fast after the dash in and it works great. It has a lot of active frames it seems and it really reliable. Unfortunately slide only works if the f2 doesn't whiff, otherwise f23 comes out.

Did you guys know we can get a command grab off a really low blocked crossup J3? They can't duck or jump, but backdashing will probably work as usual. It's really hard to do, but maybe we can come up with some setups.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Did you guys know we can get a command grab off a really low blocked crossup J3? They can't duck or jump, but backdashing will probably work as usual. It's really hard to do, but maybe we can come up with some setups.

Hmm... after an u3, versus certain characters, j3 can be safe jumped to hit that deep....

RiBBz22

I just 50-50 off it, but LBSH...most of the time we are all cancelling it into slide anyways.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
YEESSSS!!!

Figured out how to consistently get 60%+ with TA combos. Doesn't require trait to be charged to the pixel - still has to be charged close but it's totally viable.

2 basic methods:
B1u3/f3, u3, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6, 2, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~slide, f112~iceberg 60(61?)%

and

(blah blah~)Slide, mb.iceberg, TA, 2, u3x6, 2, u3, 2, 11b2~slide