What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Small format update. Changes:

- Made f112~slide the default in each list. That's realistically the version you're going to see the most and the version you should shoot for when learning KF's combos.

- Added execution tips section. Everything listed here in its default form is perfectly consistent - you should be able to land them pretty much every time with practice. The tips will keep your consistency near 100%. The tips also include variations that exist solely to make execution easier and serve no other beneficial purpose. You should wean yourself off those combos in time.

- Added a corner section. Double u3 whiffs, f113 is the vortex ender.

- Stylistic changes that make the combos easier to read.
Yeah, F112 works way more consistently. For whatever reason when I am playing I still end up just doing 22 even though it is slightly less damage.

RiBBz22

What do you do for your meterless combo ender into iceberg? 22 causes a lot of gravity scaling.
If it is off vortex I do b1u3/f3 u3 u3 22 slide f112 iceberg. I basically just do the 22 slide by force of habit because I use it online all the time.

If it is off vortex I do b1u3/f3 u3 u3 22 slide f112 iceberg. I basically just do the 22 slide by force of habit because I use it online all the time.
That's not a problem at all, you're losing roughly 1%, maybe less. If you're consistent with that, it's a fine bnb.

I was just surprised it works due to 22's gravity scaling. Isn't 22~slide kinda finnicky though? It drops if your opponent is too low?

RiBBz22

That's not a problem at all, you're losing roughly 1%, maybe less. If you're consistent with that, it's a fine bnb.

I was just surprised it works due to 22's gravity scaling. Isn't 22~slide kinda finnicky though? It drops if your opponent is too low?
I feel like it is easier. Probably because standing 2 comes out quicker. Might be just an online thing.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I couldn't find discussion about K.Frost being able to link 1, 2 or d1 off of a close iceberg. You can do stuff like:

iceberg, 1133 xx slide, 2 xx mb freeze
, or
iceberg, 2 xx slide, u3x2, dash
, etc.

I crunched the numbers yesterday and she can squeeze an extra percent or two of damage out of her d1 combos if you go for d1 xx iceberg, etc instead of d1 xx slide, etc.

Food for thought.

RiBBz22

I couldn't find discussion about K.Frost being able to link 1, 2 or d1 off of a close iceberg. You can do stuff like:

iceberg, 1133 xx slide, 2 xx mb freeze
, or
iceberg, 2 xx slide, u3x2, dash
, etc.

I crunched the numbers yesterday and she can squeeze an extra percent or two of damage out of her d1 combos if you go for d1 xx iceberg, etc instead of d1 xx slide, etc.

Food for thought.
Yeah close range iceberg gives you enough time to do a standing 1 afterward to combo off of.

111 iceberg 11b2 slide u3 11 iceberg is like 39% meterless.

I don't put much stock into d1~iceberg because if you do it on block you are going to get punished. I mostly stick with d1 into another d1 or d1~slide.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Oh yeah, for sure. Blocked iceberg is ugly, d1 xx iceberg is an offline exclusive punish in my book.

I'm getting 38% on your combo Ribbz.

d1~iceberg, 11b2~slide, u3, 11~iceberg does 33%. d1~slide, u3, u3, f112~slide does 30%. I'm going with the latter every time for the following reasons:

(1) 3% less damage is well worth the consistency. Iceberg juggle to 11b2 is pretty tight.

(2) The inconsistency in iceberg --> 11b2 is very early in the combo. If you drop it, you do only a little over half of what you would with d1~slide.

(3) If you screw up, iceberg is punishable whereas slide is not.

(4) d1~slide has more ender possibilities, particularly the meter vortex. I don't want to have to think about what enders I want to have available when I'm focusing on landing and hitconfirming the d1 in the first place.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Opinions on the following combos post f3/b1u3?

u3 x3, 1*~slide:
-u3, dash
or
-2~mb freeze, j22

*2/d1 both work, but the damage total's the same.

The damage rounds out to something like 2 percent more than the listed options. Getting the last u3 high enough to link 1~slide can be a little strict so I usually never attempt this online.

RiBBz22

Opinions on the following combos post f3/b1u3?

u3 x3, 1*~slide:
-u3, dash
or
-2~mb freeze, j22

*2/d1 both work, but the damage total's the same.

The damage rounds out to something like 2 percent more than the listed options. Getting the last u3 high enough to link 1~slide can be a little strict so I usually never attempt this online.
I hate doing 3 U3's online lol

Vagrant

Noob
What do you guys recommend for b3 into reset?

I saw b3 j3 u3 u3 11b2 slide 2 mb freeze

but the b2 in 11b2 keeps whiffing I cant find what the variable is that makes the b2 connect because there are so many variables in this combo.

anyone have anything more consistent with similar damage?

RiBBz22

but the b2 in 11b2 keeps whiffing I cant find what the variable is that makes the b2 connect because there are so many variables in this combo.

I hate 2 into MB freeze, I just usually do b3 into a meterless vortex setup like b3 j3 u3 u3 f112 slide u3 or just u3 u3 22 grab

EDIT: Usually online I will just do 22 slide in the meterless vortex setup because it is way more consistent and you only lose 1%.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Another Killer Frost convert? I'm on to you...

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion

I think you need to delay your second u3 if you want to do the listed combo. Whenever I screw it up it's because I didn't delay my u3s. This is maybe the only combo where you don't want your opponent juggling as high as possible. And an easy combo with similar damage? Replace the 11b2 portion with 22, or maybe f112.

My guess is that f112 is the optimal version of that combo. Now that MB b3s are a whole lot more relevant, I'll add a section for them soon.

Turns out you can't squeeze an f112 in there because our prissy ice princess takes to long to turn around from the second u3 when the enemy is that low. Listed b3 combos.