What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Couple changes.

After playing and talking with Saltface, the MU is 5-5. Harley completely shuts her down with the zoning, but KF destroys her upclose. Harley is also free on wakeup and the meterless vortex works very well.

I played every HG at TFC and beat them all. The best one I played was trepound and he gave me the most trouble, but I still held my own against him. I still have it as 5-5.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Same thing happened to you that happened to me against Saltface at CEO. At last I'm off the hook on getting blown up here in chicago for that. Harley's zoning is a serious problem. It does no damage but it's insanely irritating. KF requires so much patience sometimes. Like in that mu, you can't do shit, but it's winnable because of the vortexes. I can't deal with that shit lol.

Harley's zoning isn't just annoying. The damage adds up, and more importantly, builds a shitton of meter. That meter can be used to either screw over KF's clashes or do a huge amount of unclashable damage in round 2.

Meter generation/usage is a factor I think many people don't thoroughly consider, and it's a big reason why GA and Harley are as good as their performances indicate.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
If all of Killer Frost's matchups are based on the idea of her being dominated until she touches someone and makes a series of correct guesses, isn't every matchup at worst 5-5.

If all of Killer Frost's matchups are based on the idea of her being dominated until she touches someone and makes a series of correct guesses, isn't every matchup at worst 5-5.
No. Look at ST - Honda and O.Hawk would literally kill you as soon as you got in. There's still the factor of how likely you are to get ANY hit in the first place.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If anyone didn't know, MMH crossup teleport is punishable. If you don't know what this is, here's R.E.O. 's video:

You can land a standing 1 or d1 into combo before he lands.

Killer Frost specifically can get a d1, 2~slide, u3, 22~mb grab or d1, d2, slide, u3, 22~mb grab into 50/50

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hey guys, does b23 get us out of anything else outside of the Grundy MU? I am not sure if this is known already so let me know if there is anything else specific like that.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Hey guys, does b23 get us out of anything else outside of the Grundy MU? I am not sure if this is known already so let me know if there is anything else specific like that.
lmao,I'm not even sure what that string looks like.is it the one where she spins with like a uppercut into a kick that knocks them full screen?

RiBBz22

B23 on a blocked slide gets around Bane's body press (level 3 venom) kinda in the same way it get's around Grundy's WC

B23 on a blocked slide gets around Bane's body press (level 3 venom) kinda in the same way it get's around Grundy's WC
Why would you do that when nj2 full combo punishes and is just as prone to the other armored attacks as b2?

I'm not trying to discourage you from searching for more uses for KF's tools, but I don't think you've found an answer there.

RiBBz22

Why would you do that when nj2 full combo punishes and is just as prone to the other armored attacks as b2?

I'm not trying to discourage you from searching for more uses for KF's tools, but I don't think you've found an answer there.
haha trust me I didn't think it was very ground breaking

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Is there anyone who has attempted to use f23 as a mix up?
f23
f2xxslide
Ji2 f23 (Opponent must block high, high)
Ji2 f2xxslide (Opponent is conditioned/ watching the fairly slow animation of f2 and expects to block the ice block)

Some of our brethren were talking about ways to implement the move into one's arsenal. I feel that against defensive characters who know that you end your string with slide, it will prove effective. At the very least, you can show them that f23 isn't just a gimmick by doing it once or twice then following up with f2xxslide. The reason I say it would be effective is because I've never seen or had the move f2 canceled before since playing this game from launch. And I'm sure others won't expect it. When they start to realize this, then they also realize that it's a fairly effective mixup tool to pepper in to keep them guessing. Again, 'pepper' it in, because I'm sure the overhead can be reacted to.

Also, am I the only one that still does trait cancels? Again, this seems to mainly work against defensive players. Frost isn't a rushdown or zoning character, so opening the opponent up isn't a result of them caving to your 'rush down' etc. but in the event that you find the opponent doing a good job of keeping themselves safe, scouting your moves and watching their pokes because they're familiar with the match up and await a parry, 111,4 still works wonders. Mainly because they neglect to poke you out of it. By the time they realize that you've trait canceled, any reaction would mean they've let go of block. Do this sparring and then mix in 1114 MB F3. Due to this option getting a damage increase tomorrow, I feel, why the hell not?

Hard to anti air characters/ players you notice love to jump can be MBB3'd currently for ~37-39%. Without changing a thing, you may notice this does a healthy amount of damage post patch. Keeping your opponent grounded and taking ~40% of their health isn't a bad thing. Unless they decide to jump at you and you react and take 80%+ before they learn the meaning of respect/Kitana.

I know the patch is coming tomorrow, so extensive testing of such is very inconsequential, and constrained with time, but the main thing is that these are concepts that can seemingly be applied after the patch. I feel more people are going to attempt to learn the KF Match up more than they do already due to her probably being slightly more prominent now. Why not keep a few of these things in the back of your mind to utilize on your opponents? As they aren't just empty gimmicks that will have no effect when the opponent knows what you're doing, they could prove useful. In fact, if the opponent knows what you are doing/going for, it can sometime prove MORE effective when you show the other variations of what you do (example: While trait cancelling still has advantage, it doesn't have as much so while they may be able to interrupt you, you will have the option of MBF3ing. Also after conditioning them, 1114xxback dash can give you an opportunity to either escape harm or whiff punish with a slide if they attempted to punish you with a meaty/unsafe move.

RiBBz22
Konqrr
xKhaoTik
RunwayMafia
ApocaLips
@Youarenowbreathingmanually

GGA 16 Bit congrats at your showing at house Galloping Ghost. Now stop the nonsense and come back to your brethren. I'm sure using two characters is not the end of the world. You know secrets of our brotherhood that you can't just be left with, you see...
Do the right thing and use Frost or I fear we may have to resort to....other measures.....

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Rickyraws

Yes! I've really been working and testing out F23 (my favorite move in the entire game) and trying to find a legit use it. I've mostly used to it to stuff wakeups if I'm certain they will yet again wake up with the same wake up they have been doing all round long.

Sometimes in the neutral game, after a blocked slide, I'll go into D1 then F2~3/slide...it seems to work since they are expecting another slide or F3.

Sometimes If I'm bored and have a commanding lead I'll do the F2~3/slide after a MB Freeze.

If they sped up F2 it would be YET another godlike tool for our Frostitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.