What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Goatlegs

Noob
OK so I was testing f112 4 as an ender last night against a human Grundy using his armored grabs. The follow up slide CANNOT be armored/jumped/backdashed. In order to avoid the armor tho, that is very hard, as you have tto literally slide as soon as you recover from 4. Its easier to buffer slide during the recovery time of 4, so get used to that.

F113 dagger is still the prefered ender IMO, but alot of people, including me, either mistime the follow option or we've had people jump/dash/armor it. f112 4 grants more hitstun and definitely catches jumpers/backdashers and the slide follow cannot be armored.
Honestly, I only end in f112 because I know f113 leaves some opponents too far for the f3 follow up. Granted I could just learn which opponents is does that to, but like you said, it's easier for opponents to slip out after f113 anyways.

Also, I've been experimenting with a pseudo NDC pressure with her but I really need to see her +frames after certain strings when cancelled into 4. I think somebody posted a list of this somewhere but I just can't for the life of me find it again. Does anyone know where I can find this? (I hope it's not somewhere obvious and I just look stupid)

Honestly, I only end in f112 because I know f113 leaves some opponents too far for the f3 follow up. Granted I could just learn which opponents is does that to, but like you said, it's easier for opponents to slip out after f113 anyways.

Also, I've been experimenting with a pseudo NDC pressure with her but I really need to see her +frames after certain strings when cancelled into 4. I think somebody posted a list of this somewhere but I just can't for the life of me find it again. Does anyone know where I can find this? (I hope it's not somewhere obvious and I just look stupid)
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-ice-maiden-killer-frost-general-discussion-thread.29203/page-15#post-790856

What do you guys use for footsies? I just started playing Killer Frost yesterday, and I'm having trouble in the neutral game. 111 or 111 4 to build trait meter up, D1, slide, F112, F3 are what I'm looking at right now. What else should I be using? I need to figure out how to open my opponent up.

Neclord

Noob
It feels so good to end the round with catching someone at full screen range mid air with your Frozen Daggers, followed by MB Iceberg into Iceberg again. 6 Hit combo for about 25%, too good. :tonyt

What do you guys use for footsies? I just started playing Killer Frost yesterday, and I'm having trouble in the neutral game. 111 or 111 4 to build trait meter up, D1, slide, F112, F3 are what I'm looking at right now. What else should I be using? I need to figure out how to open my opponent up.
I often use F113, since it is her most common combo starter with decent range. But if the opponent blocks low all the time I try to mix it up with MB F+3.

Tom2356

Noob
B1 is good, if you space it correctly you can punish jumpins as they are landing with B1 ~ slide or B1 ~ MB F3 if your a little slow on the timing for a mix up. I like to air dash into 3 then D1 slide.

If you dash in and land a D1 they have to block 111 4 into a high low mix up.

redeyes

Button Masher
what is the cancel adv of her trait? sorry if it has been said but im too sleepy to read 21 pages.

BoP_Edge

Noob
Hello my fellow Frosts. Got a question about general frame data. 1 is 6f start-up and 11 says 11f startup. Is that 11 frames until the second 1 is active or 6+11f for each hit respectively (17f til the second 1 is active)? Sorry if that's a little confusing.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Hello my fellow Frosts. Got a question about general frame data. 1 is 6f start-up and 11 says 11f startup. Is that 11 frames until the second 1 is active or 6+11f for each hit respectively (17f til the second 1 is active)? Sorry if that's a little confusing.
It is almost certainly for each hit. Sometimes moves in a target combo have less start-up than the original starter or pieces before it.

Ok, I officially am using KF as my 2nd now. She really interests me and the funny part is that people have barely scratched the surface. At first I was like eh she looks ok, then I used her online and was the ultimate anti-scrub lol.

BoP_Edge

Noob
It is almost certainly for each hit. Sometimes moves in a target combo have less start-up than the original starter or pieces before it.
I thought as much but I had to double check and make sure, so thanks.

You guys are all doing a sweet job with the KF forums btw, helped me level up to no end.

I been experimenting and testing stuff with 111~4 pressure in the corner. It's essentially a block infinite. You can't poke out of it even though you can duck the first hit of the follow-up 111~4 (I tested this online with a friend who plays Cyborg). If it's +15 on block, and 17f until your next hit, that leaves them with a 2f window. All they can do is push-block, which is easy to do at high level I guess especially when it's the same string over and over. Offline I tested it vs Raven and on a just-frame, the first hit of 111 will connect too. I don't know if it will jail other chars in this way vs crouch block. I also tested vs Lex and Flash on their 6f reversal specials, and this is what I don't get. They shouldn't be able to get it off right? It's a 2f window, but flash blows this up every time and if you just frame on Lex he will take the 111, but anything slower and you eat the corps charge. This makes me wonder if 111~4 really is +15 on block. But if it wasn't, certain slow normals wouldn't be guaranteed, even though they are. Something doesn't add up for me here. Do frames work different on reversals or something?

If I'm right and it is a block infinite (with a few char-specific exceptions), do any of you think it would be more viable pressure to just repeat this until they start push-blocking it, and then start mixing it up with slides, F3s, the occasional 3~4, or f113 just to make them think about something else, etc etc. Then you can return to the infinite once they respect your other options. I use 111~4, 3~4 sometimes when I want to space myself accordingly but after the first, you lose options and pressure, and HAVE to commit to something.

I've had great success with this online but wanted to bring it to you all because no-one here has been talking about it so I'm thinking maybe there's a really obvious reason why you just don't do this.. but I can't see it. Thoughts, anyone?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I thought as much but I had to double check and make sure, so thanks.

You guys are all doing a sweet job with the KF forums btw, helped me level up to no end.

I been experimenting and testing stuff with 111~4 pressure in the corner. It's essentially a block infinite. You can't poke out of it even though you can duck the first hit of the follow-up 111~4 (I tested this online with a friend who plays Cyborg). If it's +15 on block, and 17f until your next hit, that leaves them with a 2f window. All they can do is push-block, which is easy to do at high level I guess especially when it's the same string over and over. Offline I tested it vs Raven and on a just-frame, the first hit of 111 will connect too. I don't know if it will jail other chars in this way vs crouch block. I also tested vs Lex and Flash on their 6f reversal specials, and this is what I don't get. They shouldn't be able to get it off right? It's a 2f window, but flash blows this up every time and if you just frame on Lex he will take the 111, but anything slower and you eat the corps charge. This makes me wonder if 111~4 really is +15 on block. But if it wasn't, certain slow normals wouldn't be guaranteed, even though they are. Something doesn't add up for me here. Do frames work different on reversals or something?

If I'm right and it is a block infinite (with a few char-specific exceptions), do any of you think it would be more viable pressure to just repeat this until they start push-blocking it, and then start mixing it up with slides, F3s, the occasional 3~4, or f113 just to make them think about something else, etc etc. Then you can return to the infinite once they respect your other options. I use 111~4, 3~4 sometimes when I want to space myself accordingly but after the first, you lose options and pressure, and HAVE to commit to something.

I've had great success with this online but wanted to bring it to you all because no-one here has been talking about it so I'm thinking maybe there's a really obvious reason why you just don't do this.. but I can't see it. Thoughts, anyone?
Not a block infinite... Every character can duck the first hit of 111 and punish accordingly. This is why you have to mix it up and punish them for trying to poke out... which them opens them up for more 111~4 :D

How did you come to the conclusion that it is 17f until your next hit?

BoP_Edge

Noob
Not a block infinite... Every character can duck the first hit of 111 and punish accordingly. This is why you have to mix it up and punish them for trying to poke out... which them opens them up for more 111~4 :D

How did you come to the conclusion that it is 17f until your next hit?
1 is 6f, 11 is 11f. Unless I read wrong.. now I'm doubting myself. No it can't be.. I checked it hundreds of times when I was testing this. See my above question that Premiera answered.

Plus what I said above still stands. I stood there for 5mins in Online practice and repeated 111~4 and he just sat there holding down and mashing 1. Only time he ever poked out was when I mis-timed and got 11~4 instead. Plus on a just-frame the first hit of 111 will connect against a crouching, blocking Raven. This needs further testing vs other chars and is probably not likely to happen online, but the fact it's possible says alot.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Do you guys ever use her Trait in actual matches? Since I started playing her when the game came out, I never actually used her Trait in-game legitimately. Is there a guide on how to use her trait effectively?

Also, what have you guys been using as combo enders? Do you mostly go for damage enders or for oki mix-up?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
1 is 6f, 11 is 11f. Unless I read wrong.. now I'm doubting myself. No it can't be.. I checked it hundreds of times when I was testing this. See my above question that Premiera answered.

Plus what I said above still stands. I stood there for 5mins in Online practice and repeated 111~4 and he just sat there holding down and mashing 1. Only time he ever poked out was when I mis-timed and got 11~4 instead. Plus on a just-frame the first hit of 111 will connect against a crouching, blocking Raven. This needs further testing vs other chars and is probably not likely to happen online, but the fact it's possible says alot.
I see what you are saying and the math adds up. However, every character I have tested this on (not all of them yet) they have all been able to either d1 or uppercut out just by mashing... even slow normal characters like Doomsday and Grundy.

Perhaps uppercuts lower a characters hitbox making the second jab whiff even though it's a mid. I know Grundy's uppercut does this for sure.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Do you guys ever use her Trait in actual matches? Since I started playing her when the game came out, I never actually used her Trait in-game legitimately. Is there a guide on how to use her trait effectively?

Also, what have you guys been using as combo enders? Do you mostly go for damage enders or for oki mix-up?
From what I've seen, ppl are using f112 4 to set up her f3/slide 50/50 mixup game.

KILLA_xGHOST

Goatlegs

Noob

I actually sometimes end my combos with daggers instead of ground spike so I can charge my trait up. You can get about 1/3 of it charged without worry of wakeups and about 3/4 if your fighting somebody without a fullscreen wakeup/punish.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I actually sometimes end my combos with daggers instead of ground spike so I can charge my trait up. You can get about 1/3 of it charged without worry of wakeups and about 3/4 if your fighting somebody without a fullscreen wakeup/punish.
I really only charge the trait at full screen as kind of like a semi-bait, or after strings you can cancel into trait charge. I don't like doing it after daggers because its only +9 or so and you can't immediately cancel into it. Plus ending in daggers off a string leaves your opponent pretty close to you.

For a longer charge, I like doing it after 1133 personally.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
OK. Konqrr. I am relatively new to corner pressure that does not involve an ice clone. And just block pressure in general. So I ask you, what are some of the pressure sequences you like to use to open people up? It always seems that once I am in, I can land a b1~4 then once I go to start mixing in 111~4 and 3~4, i get ducked and poked. Also, since meter is so easy to come by, what do you think about sometimes going straight into pressure off the 50/50 setup? Just to keep em on their toes?

Rosegoddess3

Diamond Dust
Has anyone else had issues with Solomon Grundy as KF? Any tips would be appreciated :)

(sorry if someone else asked this already)