What's new

Tech Killer Frost - Corner Reverse Wake-Up Tech

E

Eldriken

This may be a stupid question, but why does the stage determine whether or not it works?

Did you try both sides of Atlantis? If it only works on right side of Batcave, maybe it only works on right/left side of Atlantis...
Yes I checked both and over half the stages with all corners, only works on the right corner of Batcave with this setup. However I will post shortly how it works on the other stages.

Ok here it is. This should work on all stages, tested it on Themyscira's port too and works fine. The timing is not that hard as well. We do have to spend meter for MB grab if they decide not to WU, but still it's inescapable by some characters and pretty awesome.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ok here it is. This should work on all stages, tested it on Themyscira's port too and works fine. The timing is not that hard as well. We do have to spend meter for MB grab if they decide not to WU, but still it's inescapable by some characters and pretty awesome.

Ok...so what's the formula?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Awesome, I'm glad there's a silver lining on the stage dependency.

A very difficult to time delayed slide kick beats this set-up and my other one. And a delayed batarang (executed at the last possible timing) gets out of this set-up as well. So it seems like we have something almost earthshaker esque in the corner where the opponent needs to be perfectly on point - and it gets complicated cuz there's a 6-8 frames window (that's what it feels like) where we can alter our timing on the meaty Flash Freeze, so they too have to alter their timing to counter it.

RunwayMafia

Just end in d3 and do the usual dash into command grab. D3 also works for the dash in WU reversal, as well as f23 and 223. U3 doesn't work with either and as we said, the grab alone is stage dependant.
Awww okay. So ending in sweep can set up the reversal wu? Sweet.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion

One more thing about this set-up is if you perform it at an earlier timing you can punish reversals that were unpunishable before. Like Frost's slide.

EDIT: another thing is i think it's right side only. It seems like the only universal wake-up reversal string we have is f23, dash forward.

RunwayMafia

One more thing about this set-up is if you perform it at an earlier timing you can punish reversals that were unpunishable before. Like Frost's slide.

EDIT: another thing is i think it's right side only. It seems like the only universal wake-up reversal string we have is f23, dash forward.
Whoa...doing a F23, then a dash sets their wu in reverse EASILY. Ummm...this is big, no?

RunwayMafia

Yeah it's easy, but we can't end combos in f23 ... The only way is after mb freeze and it's not worth it. But raw f23 is not that bad and it stuffs WUs really easy.
Omg...this is killing me. The F23, dash in reverses every single wake up I've tested thus far...it's so simple. So obviously I'm not the most tech oriented guy but we need to find a way to implement F23 outside of raw-ville.

I think you are right, it's right side only. Still at least it works on all stages ;)

So last update, I won't be able to test anymore today:

On watchtower bridge:
left corner : the command grab setup works like in batcave
right corner: I couldn't get the d3 setup here, guess some corners are still problematic ( dash reversal after d3 worked, maybe the timing is odd here)

watchtower reactor:
left corner couldn't get anything
right corner the d3 setup works

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Omg...this is killing me. The F23, dash in reverses every single wake up I've tested thus far...it's so simple. So obviously I'm not the most tech oriented guy but we need to find a way to implement F23 outside of raw-ville.
Yeah that was what I messaged you about this morning saying I thought I found something. I didn't think that it was a true cross up/reversal though because when I tried to get out I could wake up the correct direction...didn't have enough time to test it out much but I am glad u are doing my dirty work for me

RunwayMafia

Yeah that was what I messaged you about this morning saying I thought I found something. I didn't think that it was a true cross up/reversal though because when I tried to get out I could wake up the correct direction...didn't have enough time to test it out much but I am glad u are doing my dirty work for me
I was so out of it when you insisted on messaging me on FB at 3 am, lol. But yeah, after landing a F23 in the corner, all you do is dash forward and there goes flash flying towards the corner, in front of you. It's awesome. I just can't find a way to end a combo in F23...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I was so out of it when you insisted on messaging me on FB at 3 am, lol. But yeah, after landing a F23 in the corner, all you do is dash forward and there goes flash flying towards the corner, in front of you. It's awesome. I just can't find a way to end a combo in F23...
Yeah it is easy to do but like I said are we sure it is a true cross up? The reason I said never mind was because I did the setup and was able to wake up the normal direction. Sounds like you guys looked into it though

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah it is easy to do but like I said are we sure it is a true cross up? The reason I said never mind was because I did the setup and was able to wake up the normal direction. Sounds like you guys looked into it though
Delayed wakeups seem to beat all these setups.