What's new

Tech Killer Frost - Corner Reverse Wake-Up Tech

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
There is really no point if the a character can get out of it, not counting a super. All of those I post are with reversed WUs and punishable with either a combo or infinite. Superman can't get out for example. Flash can just speed dodge and the grab will whiff. All characters with teleports, dodges or 2 ways WUs like DS escape as well. Also WUs with hitbox behind them screw this too.
2 way WUs still go to the corner. These characters can definitely escape:

- BG
- Zatanna
- WW
- DS
- Ares

Don't know about others.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
How to perform it
Choose Batman, set his wake-up attack to slide kick. When Batman's cornered, perform the regular version of command throw, immediately dash forward and immediately input another command throw at the end of your dash animation. If you performed this correctly, Batman's wake-up slide kick will come out in the opposite direction.

This meaty command throw set-up is unduckable, unbackdashable, and unjumpable. Batman's only valid reversal is slide kick, which comes out in the other direction in the corner. Killer Frost recover's from a whiffed command throw quickly enough to guarantee a combo - a combo that can end with the same command throw that started the reset.

Rinse and repeat. An inescapable reset.
Just to clear up any confusion, this is a part of my post. It explains why this is a big deal.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Also, while I'm testing and filming for NW, I've noticed if you dash in, you can stuff with F2 (oddly enough). Also, after dashing in, you can do ice berg and the wu will miss you and the spike will hit them. lol

RunwayMafia

updated OP with NW. I deliberately left it unedited so you guys could see some of the weird stuff after doing a double dash with the AI set on wake up ground pound.

Last edited:
Against characters that can escape that, we do have the same tech as DD, delayed dash in after the grab will reverse their WU. We can get a trait punish as well for some WUs or at least a heavy damaging combo.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Against characters that can escape that, we do have the same tech as DD, delayed dash in after the grab will reverse their WU. We can get a trait punish as well for some WUs or at least a heavy damaging combo.
Yeah this is awesome, I am messing with it against Zod in training and you can just drop the combo and dash in and neutral J1 to punish his most used wakeups

RiBBz22

You don't need to jump, but if it works that fine :) Here is a video of a trait punish after reversed WU. I dropped the combo at the end, but you get the idea.

lol you can even do stuff like regular command grab into dash in slide and it will reverse a lot of wakeups like Flash's

RiBBz22

You don't need to jump, but if it works that fine :) Here is a video of a trait punish after reversed WU. I dropped the combo at the end, but you get the idea.

I am having trouble timing it I guess, I get it like maybe 10-20% of the time. I feel like I am getting it less now than I did when I first started. What is your timing flipping their wakeup on the dash trait??

RunwayMafia

I am having trouble timing it I guess, I get it like maybe 10-20% of the time. I feel like I am getting it less now than I did when I first started. What is your timing flipping their wakeup on the dash trait??
Get it together. You basically just dash in and then input the command grab. ;)

RiBBz22

im not consistent with it at all :(
It is weird I was getting it to work a lot about an hour ago, and now I am having not much success. I have the dash in grab down to a science at this point lol... I guess I just need to know exactly when to time the dash???

RunwayMafia

im not consistent with it at all :(
It is weird I was getting it to work a lot about an hour ago, and now I am having not much success. I have the dash in grab down to a science at this point lol... I guess I just need to know exactly when to time the dash???
Ok...so it seems to be more consistent ( I got like 3 in a row) if you just dial it all in without stopping. So, like, while she is in the middle of her motion of the grab (hand is about to smack their frozen carcass) just dial in the double dash with the motion of the next grab. Idk, this shit is like a frame link.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok...so it seems to be more consistent ( I got like 3 in a row) if you just dial it all in without stopping. So, like, while she is in the middle of her motion of the grab (hand is about to smack their frozen carcass) just dial in the double dash with the motion of the next grab. Idk, this shit is like a frame link.
If it's an infinite it should be lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Infinite? Nooooo.....
Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. It looks like an infinite against superman at least. He can't wake up and he can't block/duck command grab on wakeup either. He literally can't escape, unless delaying your wakeup stops it reversing (which I haven't been able to test yet).